Author Topic: 2018 Ticket Plan and All Star Game Info  (Read 75024 times)

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: 2018 Ticket Plan and All Star Game Info
« Reply #425: February 03, 2018, 05:48:45 PM »
Purely speculating...they will get the best seats available. They will look at giving them strips that were not taken by other SPH first, I imagine.

I've learned over the years not to overthink these things and just wait until the seats assignments are announced.

Can't do that because the seats are assigned prior to invoices being sent out. Probably the full season plan holders being bumped will get the best seats currently occupied by half season plan holders, who will in turn be bumped.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #426: February 03, 2018, 06:04:23 PM »
Can't do that because the seats are assigned prior to invoices being sent out. Probably the full season plan holders being bumped will get the best seats currently occupied by half season plan holders, who will in turn be bumped.

That makes more sense. But when seats are not claimed I suppose those will be offered somehow.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #427: February 03, 2018, 06:08:47 PM »
The hot stove luncheon has not gotten better over the years. They need to invest more in it. Like every attendee should get a giveway. And may be have full blown buffet at the Diamond Club. And maybe have some players attend. Right now, it's really just not worth the effort just to have Camillo, Rizzo, and Martinez talk for an hour.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #428: February 03, 2018, 06:11:57 PM »
Am I the only one not excited by the Nats Flag? Also, I agree there needs to be better food. The pretzels and chips didn't cut it. This is the only benefit that is exclusive to full season holders. They should make it nicer.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #429: February 03, 2018, 06:12:19 PM »
That makes more sense. But when seats are not claimed I suppose those will be offered somehow.

That's the partial plan holder lottery, they get what's left. Of course the Nats do tend to create artificial scarcity in order to drive up early sales, so it would not be shocking if there were tickets still available after all plan holders have had a chance to purchase them.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #430: February 03, 2018, 06:13:21 PM »
Am I the only one not excited by the Nats Flag? Also, I agree there needs to be better food. The pretzels and chips didn't cut it. This is the only benefit that is exclusive to full season holders. They should make it nicer.

Yeah, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with that flag, probably put it on a shelf and leave it there for my kids to toss after I'm gone.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #431: February 03, 2018, 06:14:50 PM »
The hot stove luncheon has not gotten better over the years. They need to invest more in it. Like every attendee should get a giveway. And may be have full blown buffet at the Diamond Club. And maybe have some players attend. Right now, it's really just not worht the effor just to have Camillo, Rizzo, and Martinez talk for an hour.

That was my first time attending because I've always had a conflict. I'm not sure if I'll go again. All the info is available on Twitter in real time.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #432: February 03, 2018, 06:25:28 PM »

Yeah, the flag is cool. That's the kind of stuff they should be giving away to every person who attends the hot stove event.

Offline reverse

« Reply #433: February 03, 2018, 07:08:41 PM »
If anything, at least we were able to snag a few items from the team store using the 30% discount (slightly more palatable)

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #434: February 03, 2018, 07:20:42 PM »
If anything, at least we were able to snag a few items from the team store using the 30% discount (slightly more palatable)

The 20% off at the team store is a bit of a joke when the merchandise there is ovepriced to start with. But for some reason, 20% off food and drinks seems OK to me. I guess I'm just not that into merchandise.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #435: February 03, 2018, 07:22:16 PM »
Where did they have the meet and greet?     In the stadium?

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #436: February 03, 2018, 07:30:22 PM »
The hot stove luncheon has not gotten better over the years. They need to invest more in it. Like every attendee should get a giveway. And may be have full blown buffet at the Diamond Club. And maybe have some players attend. Right now, it's really just not worth the effort just to have Camillo, Rizzo, and Martinez talk for an hour.

They could just not hold it so close to meal time and give out some super fancy dessert bites. Opening the kitchens for one day in the middle of 5 months of closure would be a logistical nightmare.  But desserts wow people and they’re easy to cater from outside. Bypassing meal times is key, though. Start it at 2:30 and no one expects lunch.

Offline afscotch

« Reply #437: February 03, 2018, 07:43:58 PM »
That's the partial plan holder lottery, they get what's left. Of course the Nats do tend to create artificial scarcity in order to drive up early sales, so it would not be shocking if there were tickets still available after all plan holders have had a chance to purchase them.

I have a feeling the SPH take rate will be lower than previous years if the $800 starting price rumblings are correct.  Those will get rolled to the partial plan lottery, which I suspect will be even lower b/c of cost of the strips.  I've found Miami websites that also claimed there wouldn't be any available to the public and they were.  I really feel like with the late pricing announcement and rumbling of the cost of the strips they feel the need hype it so they can get the SPH take rate up...I believe I won't be alone when I get the mail on Saturday and will have to make sure I'm sitting down before I open the invoice.

Offline reverse

« Reply #438: February 03, 2018, 07:46:54 PM »
The 20% off at the team store is a bit of a joke when the merchandise there is ovepriced to start with. But for some reason, 20% off food and drinks seems OK to me. I guess I'm just not that into merchandise.

Completely agreed. We pretty much said thats all we'll be getting from the team store for the season with the extra 10%.  Slightly more palatable but still not very appetizing ;) 

Offline afscotch

« Reply #439: February 03, 2018, 07:58:06 PM »
Yanks and Red Sox will not be priced high like Cubs last year.

Dynamic pricing, will rise.

Have the Nats used dynamic pricing in the past?  I caught that and didn't think they did, just the different level of pricing.  Was poking around earlier in the week with Google looking for info some ticket info and found the link below  The only Diamond game is opening day and only 5 Marquee days all year.  Cubs are Prime.

https://content.mlb.com/documents/7/7/4/265316774/Game_Tier_Calendar.pdf

Offline afscotch

« Reply #440: February 03, 2018, 07:59:53 PM »
Completely agreed. We pretty much said thats all we'll be getting from the team store for the season with the extra 10%.  Slightly more palatable but still not very appetizing ;)

I mentally prepared myself to get one of the new blue alternate jerseys and all they had was Harper.  No thanks.  Guess I'll order it off Fanatics during one of their regular 'sales' for the same or a little bit better price.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #441: February 04, 2018, 09:37:50 AM »
They could just not hold it so close to meal time and give out some super fancy dessert bites. Opening the kitchens for one day in the middle of 5 months of closure would be a logistical nightmare.  But desserts wow people and they’re easy to cater from outside. Bypassing meal times is key, though. Start it at 2:30 and no one expects lunch.

It would be easy to cater an entire meal from the outside if you're concerned about the difficulty of opening the kitchen, which I don't buy completely. They did have some snacks, cookies, etc., yesterday. It just didn't cut it. And did I mention they only had two security lines open at the CF gate and it took at least 15 minutes in cold weather to get in?

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #442: February 04, 2018, 09:43:05 AM »
The scene yesterday.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #443: February 04, 2018, 09:46:38 AM »
It would be easy to cater an entire meal from the outside if you're concerned about the difficulty opening the kitche, which I don't buy completely. They did have some snacks, cookies, etc., yesterday. It just didn't cut it. And did I mention they only had two security lines open at the CF gate and it took at least 15 minutes in cold weather to get in?

Why even have a security line for a season plan holder event? The guys working the line to the right were so slow that halfway through the line I switched sides and got in faster. When I was in Pittsburgh a couple years ago I walked into the ballpark on an off day, just walked in. No security, you could wander around. The Nats go overboard to the extreme with security.

As for the food, it was an hour and a half event, I thought it was nice that they had snacks available. I didn't expect a meal.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #444: February 04, 2018, 09:48:05 AM »
The flag that will come with the SPH ticket packages.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #445: February 04, 2018, 10:00:47 AM »

As for the food, it was an hour and a half event, I thought it was nice that they had snacks available. I didn't expect a meal.

Didn't expect a meal, but it would be nice if they offered one. You know, make the trip worth it. And I don't have to come very far.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #446: February 04, 2018, 10:02:20 AM »
The flag that will come with the SPH ticket packages.

(Image removed from quote.)

That doesn't look like they sourced the cheapest piece of crap 'flag' possible, not at all.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #447: February 04, 2018, 10:03:15 AM »
I like that they’re giving out flags. Will be nice to see them hanging in people’s yards. It’s a good way to get the neighborhood Nats fans to recognize each other and grow the fan base. We made a neighborhood friend just from him having the same post-game dog-walking route and timing as my husband and both of them wearing Nats swag.  it’s so much easier to make friends when you already know your common bond.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #448: February 04, 2018, 10:10:24 AM »
I like that they’re giving out flags. Will be nice to see them hanging in people’s yards. It’s a good way to get the neighborhood Nats fans to recognize each other and grow the fan base. We made a neighborhood friend just from him having the same post-game dog-walking route and timing as my husband and both of them wearing Nats swag.  it’s so much easier to make friends when you already know your common bond.

What she's holding does look like it has the kind of rings that would make it possible to fly, it definitely doesn't have the kind of metal hardware you'd expect on a decent flag

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #449: February 04, 2018, 10:16:00 AM »
The scene yesterday.

(Image removed from quote.)

Two things I noticed.

1) there were tons of people there. More than I expected. And this was limited to those with full season plans. I guess the Nats do have one of the largest season ticket bases in baseball.

2) The demographics of the season ticket population are not the same as the DMV. This crowd skewed pretty old. I wonder if that’s true of most teams. Or just a baseball thing. I could have convinced myself that I was the youngest person there. That doesn’t happen to me much anymore anywhere in DC. 😉