Author Topic: 2018 Ticket Plan and All Star Game Info  (Read 74794 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: 2018 Ticket Plan and All Star Game Info
« Reply #375: January 24, 2018, 04:50:46 PM »
$800+

Offline afscotch

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
The ASG prices out?

Not officially, but that is the starting price for the 400 level package. Invoices are coming in February. I'm probably going to wait for the day of the game and look for a deal.

Offline afscotch

Not officially, but that is the starting price for the 400 level package. Invoices are coming in February. I'm probably going to wait for the day of the game and look for a deal.
You able to share other areas, unofficially or is there a website? Not seeing anything with google.   I'm upper part of 116, in field box.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
You able to share other areas, unofficially or is there a website? Not seeing anything with google.   I'm upper part of 116, in field box.

I don't have anything other than the starting point. No idea of how many sections that covers or the price for the lower levels. I doubt if they'll be as much as double. World Series prices in the dugout seats were double the 400 level, so probably the same for the ASG, however some other events like the fan fest will be the same price for everyone.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
$800+

OMFG
Just a guess - $300 each for HR derby and game, $100 for the prospects, and $50 each for the convention center thing? 

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Just a guess - $300 each for HR derby and game, $100 for the prospects, and $50 each for the convention center thing? 

I'd go with $350 ASG, $250 HRD, $150 futures/softball, and $50 fan fest.

Offline afscotch

Looking for some feedback and info from some of the non-1st year SPH folks as I go into my first season.  My main objective is how to best plan for a family reunion we'll be hosting the week of 4 July with my parents and two brothers with spouses and kiddos.  I suspect we'll need at least 6 tickets for each game, and all together would be nice, but if spouses come along it could grow to at many as 10 to 12 for the 3 July game with the fireworks that night, which will drive worse seats or breaking up the group, which is fine for one game.  I have two full plan tickets in Section 116.

Options to get seats:

- I assume the Sox series will be blacked out for exchanges.  Looking at past years, the 4 July has been blacked out, and  I'm assuming they'll black out all the Red Sox games.  For a non-blacked out game, is it possible to exchange 4 games worth of tickets (2 seats each) and add them with my two already for that game for a total of 10 for a single game?

- How do they handle exchanges into upgrade seats and calculate what I pay?  Do I pay the difference between the two seats' published season ticket per seat prices or published single game per seat prices, or something other wacky way? 

- Looks like there is usually a Nats Plus presale for the single game tickets and probably in the next couple weeks?  Do the presale prices reflect our 20% discount?  I would assume it does, but maybe our discount is only for public sale times??

- There usually a decent selection of Diamond Club or Home Plate Box sections in single game sales?  Delta seats, if even available for the Sox series, are probably too expense for us at 6 to 10 seats.  I assume our 20% discount applies to theses sections, if available, since I don't see any section exclusion statements tied to 20% discount benefit marketing materials. 

- Would my ticket rep have access to better/different inventory?  Any reason to ask her to take care of this instead of doing it myself?

- I assume best selection will be the first presale, vs waiting a little bit, especially since it'll likely blacked out so inventory won't really shift from folks exchanging as the season progresses, right?  Probably a decent chance the games nearly sell out, or will so I need to buy during the presale.

- Backup plan G would be to make nice with the people around my season tickets and cobble together 10, but not sure how well that'll work

- Best and worst sections to get tickets for and watch the fireworks on the 3rd?  I assume everyone just stays in their seats for the game and they launch over the scoreboard?? 

- Any strategy I'm missing to get us the best 6-10 seats I can for at least one of the games...and 6 tickets to for the two games with less emphasis on location?

Thanks for the feedback!  Can't wait for the season to get started.

Offline dcpatti

With two full plans on the lower level, you ought to have enough Red Carpet points for a suite for the fireworks night if you scan your card religiously and collect the tv/radio codes.  You can also borrow points from other SPH (they transfer you a few thousand, you get your suite, and then send them their points back later in the year after you’ve earned them back). You’ll have to pay for catering/booze if you want it, and the prices are high, but it’s possible to be selective and not break the bank. I have the 2017 catering menu if you want a copy. That would make for an easy family reunion although probably more suited for the group of 12 than the group of 6.  BTW you can skip the catering entirely and just hit the concessions but the variety on the suite level is non-existent.

For a fireworks view you need to be on the 3rd base side, and out past 3B works better, so ask for one of those suites if you go with that idea.

Diamond Club and all presales are included in the 20% off. If you want to do a group buy, your ticket rep will have access to the group inventory, which isn’t usually available online, but that requires a 10-ticket minimum and I believe you may lose the discount (don’t quote me here). As it gets closer to game day, those seats get released for normal purchase.

Exchange upgrades are priced based on the diff in season plan pricing, not face value.
Home Plate Box: in 2017 there were about 2 rows of seats available for single-game purchase/exchange. Diamond Club availability seemed to be really tight outside of the blocks in 120-123 that are held for groups; basically the last row and scattered singles outside of those group areas.

Offline afscotch

I have the 2017 catering menu if you want a copy. That would make for an easy family reunion although probably more suited for the group of 12 than the group of 6.

Awesome feedback, Thank you!

I didn't think of the suite option and will look into it.  Can you send the menu over?  I'll email my ticket rep and look into that and a group ticket buy.

Offline dcpatti

Awesome feedback, Thank you!

I didn't think of the suite option and will look into it.  Can you send the menu over?  I'll email my ticket rep and look into that and a group ticket buy.

Sure, PM me your email address and I’ll send it in the morning !

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #386: January 31, 2018, 09:57:18 AM »
With two full plans on the lower level, you ought to have enough Red Carpet points for a suite for the fireworks night if you scan your card religiously and collect the tv/radio codes.  You can also borrow points from other SPH (they transfer you a few thousand, you get your suite, and then send them their points back later in the year after you’ve earned them back). You’ll have to pay for catering/booze if you want it, and the prices are high, but it’s possible to be selective and not break the bank. I have the 2017 catering menu if you want a copy. That would make for an easy family reunion although probably more suited for the group of 12 than the group of 6.  BTW you can skip the catering entirely and just hit the concessions but the variety on the suite level is non-existent.

For a fireworks view you need to be on the 3rd base side, and out past 3B works better, so ask for one of those suites if you go with that idea.

Diamond Club and all presales are included in the 20% off. If you want to do a group buy, your ticket rep will have access to the group inventory, which isn’t usually available online, but that requires a 10-ticket minimum and I believe you may lose the discount (don’t quote me here). As it gets closer to game day, those seats get released for normal purchase.

Exchange upgrades are priced based on the diff in season plan pricing, not face value.
Home Plate Box: in 2017 there were about 2 rows of seats available for single-game purchase/exchange. Diamond Club availability seemed to be really tight outside of the blocks in 120-123 that are held for groups; basically the last row and scattered singles outside of those group areas.

Wow, you are good. Very thorough response. I would just add the complicated exchanges are a pain online. I would do that through my ticket rep. Also, if he has a good ticket rep he can ask all those questions and get the rep's input. A complicated query like this is better for a phone call.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #387: January 31, 2018, 11:33:09 AM »
Wow, you are good. Very thorough response. I would just add the complicated exchanges are a pain online. I would do that through my ticket rep. Also, if he has a good ticket rep he can ask all those questions and get the rep's input. A complicated query like this is better for a phone call.

We did a ton of research last year when planning our anniversary party. Always happy to save someone else some time by sharing what I learned!

100% agreed too-- complicated exchanges are a pain online. Even making a set of 6 is a pain in the butt.

Offline afscotch

« Reply #388: January 31, 2018, 05:33:57 PM »
Thanks for the input. 

Offline reverse

Some, like the autograph session, are only available if you've bought the full season.  If you've got a full season and your rep can't help with stuff like this, you may want to try a new rep. The Hot Stove session is coming up (mid January I think), and that's a good time to meet new reps.

Appreciate the info.  We are indeed full season holders.  Looking forward to today's hot stove!

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #390: February 03, 2018, 01:51:32 PM »
Invoices are being sent next week.  Most full season plan holders will keep their same seats. MLB will take 14K seats, primarily in the Diamond Club and behind the dugouts. The first payments will be due March 1.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #391: February 03, 2018, 02:01:09 PM »
ASG pre party for plan holders, Nats flag sent with ticket plans.

Upgrade your seat options during games.

App will help find food and beer.

Self service concessions.

Prezel bar.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #392: February 03, 2018, 02:06:50 PM »
VR HR derby at park. Free

Expanded kids play area.

Schedule shirt "better than a magnet" No it isn't!

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #393: February 03, 2018, 02:08:39 PM »
Braves have better promotions because they only get 5000 fans.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #394: February 03, 2018, 02:09:59 PM »
Yanks and Red Sox will not be priced high like Cubs last year.

Dynamic pricing, will rise.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #395: February 03, 2018, 02:11:56 PM »
You’re obviously at the event. Where are you sitting?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #396: February 03, 2018, 02:17:04 PM »
You’re obviously at the event. Where are you sitting?

To Val's right, 11 rows back, on aisle.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #397: February 03, 2018, 02:18:51 PM »
Rizzo guarantees 5-6 prospects in top 100 by mid season. Currently flying under the radio.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #398: February 03, 2018, 02:19:20 PM »
Martinez says he wants to win last game of WS.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #399: February 03, 2018, 02:19:38 PM »
Braves have better promotions because they only get 5000 fans.

She said Rays.