Author Topic: 2018 Ticket Plan and All Star Game Info  (Read 74805 times)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Plan B gets 13 Saturdays.  Plan A gets 1...if I counted correctly...
well, yah.  They always used to do that for the half-season plans back in the day when my group had that.  They would combine 2 20 game packages to make a half season, and there always was one 20 gamer that was more oriented towards Friday night games.  It used to be that one was not in the default half season, so you ended up with fewer Friday night games.  Sunday I think were scarce in the default as well. when I went from half season to a half season and a 20 gamer, I picked up the Friday-heavy 20 gamer to get more weekends. with the current plan A and plan B, you have options with a difference to fit your group preferences. 

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
well, yah.  They always used to do that for the half-season plans back in the day when my group had that.  They would combine 2 20 game packages to make a half season, and there always was one 20 gamer that was more oriented towards Friday night games.  It used to be that one was not in the default half season, so you ended up with fewer Friday night games.  Sunday I think were scarce in the default as well. when I went from half season to a half season and a 20 gamer, I picked up the Friday-heavy 20 gamer to get more weekends. with the current plan A and plan B, you have options with a difference to fit your group preferences.

I should have put a "?" after my response.  I was only guessing that was what PB meant...

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Plan B gets 13 Saturdays.  Plan A gets 1...if I counted correctly...

I thought they marketed one plan as a Saturday Plan and the other as a Friday-Sunday plan? At least that is how they sold it to me when I was looking at a half plan. I decided I couldn’t be bothered with keeping it straight and bought the full plan in a cheaper section.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
The Partial Plan Holders that don't get a Yankees game, are the ones that are getting screwed.
why do you say that, PB69?

2 dodgers, 1 NYY, 1 BOS, 2 Cards, 1 Os vs. 1 dodgers, 1 nyy, 2 Os, 2 Bos, 1 cards.  Basically, one set gets 2 dodgers and 2 cards, the other gets 2 Bos and 2 Os.  Both get singletons on the NYY and on the teams that the other gets 2.  A is more NL-Oriented, B is more AL.

Two Red Sox games and two Orioles games for Plan B. Those are the best series for resale. The Yankees have come to DC three times and never had a big resale bump.

Offline Make_lemons

Two Red Sox games and two Orioles games for Plan B. Those are the best series for resale. The Yankees have come to DC three times and never had a big resale bump.

Hmmmm.  My rep has already told me the Yankees game is not in my George plan....maybe that means I get a Red Sox game?  if re-sale really is better for that then I won't be too upset.

But the Nats really need to get over this Opening Day not included for Partial Plans anymore.... it worked out fine when they used to include it... and other ball clubs manage to handle it just fine.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Hmmmm.  My rep has already told me the Yankees game is not in my George plan....maybe that means I get a Red Sox game?  if re-sale really is better for that then I won't be too upset.

But the Nats really need to get over this Opening Day not included for Partial Plans anymore.... it worked out fine when they used to include it... and other ball clubs manage to handle it just fine.

The Red Sox series in 2009 was the best series for resales since the Nats came to town. And since the Nats have now created Diamond and Platinum level pricing for single games it would be nice to get those at SPH prices.

Do partial plan holders have to buy the March game against the Twins? No chance I'm taking off work to sit in the cold and watch a practice game. It's a big money grab by the Nats' Revenue Chief to make that full price on our plans. At least we can use the ticket exchange.

Offline Make_lemons

Do partial plan holders have to buy the March game against the Twins? No chance I'm taking off work to sit in the cold and watch a practice game. It's a big money grab by the Nats' Revenue Chief to make that full price on our plans. At least we can use the ticket exchange.

Yes we do have to buy the March game against the Twins.. I should use that in my argument for the Opening Day tix... funny how they can distribute tix for that with no issue.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
So question regarding winter fest and NATS Plus autographing session. I booked free passes to the session from 8:30 to 9:15. That was free. I then was sent an email to buy autograph vouchers for another session at 10 that cost 25 dollars per ticket. Is this redundant over the earlier one? Should I buy the tickets in addition to the one I have or is that a waste of money?

Offline dcpatti

So question regarding winter fest and NATS Plus autographing session. I booked free passes to the session from 8:30 to 9:15. That was free. I then was sent an email to buy autograph vouchers for another session at 10 that cost 25 dollars per ticket. Is this redundant over the earlier one? Should I buy the tickets in addition to the one I have or is that a waste of money?

Depends on how much you like autographs. The Nats Plus SPH session is 6-8 Players/coaches (you might get a coach mixed in at your group but you won’t get a group like Raburn, de Aza and 4 coaches— they do try to be fair about it), the main Winter Fest sessions are 2 players, and since you don’t know who is in each group/session, you might get some overlap. To me, that’s redundant and I don’t care enough about autographs; to others, the chance of walking out with 8 unique autographs is worth the risk of getting duplicates.

I would recommend though if you do the Main winter fest sessions, pick some later time slots and leave your morning free. The lines can be very long for the $25 sessions and if you’re going to spend a ton of time in a line, it is less painful once winterfest is already packed.  Don’t waste your early time (especially the SPH early entry time) standing in a line.  If the only option they gave you to buy was 10:00 then the rest are already sold out.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Thanks Patti

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
First Winterfest. I will say it was pretty impressive the number of players that were there that I got to interact with. I will say that the early entry was amazing, it’s a completely different event for the first 90 minutes. I was super impressed with how the Nats do it. Literally saw every player except for Harper and Zimmerman.

Offline reverse

Good feedback, although I wish I had known to take advantage of the SPH benefits specific for this event. Asked my rep and still couldn't get specifics.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
First Winterfest. I will say it was pretty impressive the number of players that were there that I got to interact with. I will say that the early entry was amazing, it’s a completely different event for the first 90 minutes. I was super impressed with how the Nats do it. Literally saw every player except for Harper and Zimmerman.

I'm glad it went well. I didn't make it this year but the last two years have been well executed. A great event, especially for kids.

Offline dcpatti

Good feedback, although I wish I had known to take advantage of the SPH benefits specific for this event. Asked my rep and still couldn't get specifics.

Some, like the autograph session, are only available if you've bought the full season.  If you've got a full season and your rep can't help with stuff like this, you may want to try a new rep. The Hot Stove session is coming up (mid January I think), and that's a good time to meet new reps.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Some, like the autograph session, are only available if you've bought the full season.  If you've got a full season and your rep can't help with stuff like this, you may want to try a new rep. The Hot Stove session is coming up (mid January I think), and that's a good time to meet new reps.

You can switch reps?

Offline Baseball is Life

You can switch reps?

Seems like you can even shop for reps. :shock:

Offline dcpatti

You can switch reps?

You can ask to switch. They usually say OK but I would imagine it is super awkward if they say No.

Offline Baseball is Life

I've had some good long-time reps so I guess I'm lucky. I've had tickets since 2005 and I'm only on my third rep.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Any one have any info on the Select a Seat dates? Last year it was second week of January.

Offline rbw5t

Re: 2018 Ticket Plan and All Star Game Info
« Reply #319: January 02, 2018, 11:35:02 AM »
I think I remember reading somewhere that it will all be done electronically/online this year, i.e., no need to show up at the park to do anything.  I can't guarantee I didn't dream it though.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #320: January 02, 2018, 03:35:26 PM »
I think I remember reading somewhere that it will all be done electronically/online this year, i.e., no need to show up at the park to do anything.  I can't guarantee I didn't dream it though.

Pretty sure that's how they did it last year. 

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #321: January 02, 2018, 05:19:43 PM »
Pretty sure that's how they did it last year.

I went to a live pick your seat event at Nats park on Feb 16th last year. It was my first year, but there were returning ticket holders there as well.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #322: January 02, 2018, 05:45:44 PM »
I went to a live pick your seat event at Nats park on Feb 16th last year. It was my first year, but there were returning ticket holders there as well.

I clicked on the link from my ticket rep last year, not sure if it's for last year or this year.

http://m.mlb.com/nationals/tickets/info/select-a-seat

Select-A-Seat will be held beginning on January 9 and end on January 17. 
Priority will be based on account tenure. The longer you have been a Season Plan Holder, the earlier you will be invited to participate in the online Select-A-Seat. You will receive emails with your login credentials (seat selection PIN number) and an assigned time when you can begin to relocate, upgrade or add-on to your current 2017 seats. You are welcome to adjust your seats through online Select-A-Seat starting with your assigned time or any time after. Please note that you will NOT be allowed to adjust your 2017 seats prior to your assigned time.
Account tenure is defined as the number of consecutive years you have been the Primary Account Holder of a Nationals Season Plan under your current account.
Please note that available inventory is subject to change due to other Season Plan Holders participating in the online Select-A-Seat. 
Seats cannot be put on hold and all seat availability, moves and changes are at the sole and absolute discretion of the Washington Nationals.
If you have already renewed or purchased your 2017 Season Plan and do not wish to participate in the online Select-A-Seat, then no changes will be made to your account or seating location for 2017. 
Once you officially elect to make a seating location change through the online Select-A-Seat, your old seats will be dropped and may become available for upgrade or purchase by another party.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #323: January 02, 2018, 07:26:19 PM »
I clicked on the link from my ticket rep last year, not sure if it's for last year or this year.

http://m.mlb.com/nationals/tickets/info/select-a-seat

That's from last year. They might delay the selection because ASG packages are going on sale this month.

Offline mdupont

« Reply #324: January 04, 2018, 08:37:32 AM »
A rookie ticket holder question.  When do we get our cards with our account information so we can officially set up our account?
Im like a little kid waiting for Christmas this year.