Author Topic: 2018 Ticket Plan and All Star Game Info  (Read 74800 times)

Offline Make_lemons

Stern and Eisenberg is the law firm that represented the Flyers fans and they have local offices. They also have a Twitter account. I'm strongly leaning towards inquiring into whether we have a case.

It may not hurt to first contact the Nats.  someone from their sales office just left me a message asking me to call so they can help me Maximize my Fan experience.  I'm all renewed up for next season and have not fired off any angry emails wanting to cancel due to this latest Postseason Fail, so not sure what i need to maximize.

The Nats Service Reps usually ignore us lowly Partial Plan holders, though they are probably just trying to get me to move to a Half Season plan so they can force an All Star strip on me..

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Can you even purchase single tickets to only the All-Star Game? Events like this that I’ve been to or heard of are usually only sold in strips. NCAA tournament, NBA all star game, conference basketball tournaments, etc.
I think MLB requires selling it in a strip.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/07/26/heres-who-gets-first-dibs-on-tickets-to-the-2018-all-star-game-at-nationals-park/?utm_term=.02f46e708a72

All-Star Game tickets aren’t available on an a la carte basis. This means if you’re purchasing tickets to the game, you must buy an entire strip, including tickets to the FanFest, all-star Sunday events, all-star Workout Day and Home Run Derby, and the game itself, plus a commemorative program. You cannot unbundle the strip and just select particular events to purchase. You must purchase everything, including the FanFest tickets and program.

Major League Baseball mandates bundling tickets in this way, according to a team spokeswoman. MLB also sets the prices for the tickets, although the invoices will be handled by the Nationals. MLB also sets any fees. Pricing and invoicing are expected to arrive in January of 2018.

Offline HalfSmokes

Can you even purchase single tickets to only the All-Star Game? Events like this that I’ve been to or heard of are usually only sold in strips. NCAA tournament, NBA all star game, conference basketball tournaments, etc.
I think MLB requires selling it in a strip.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/07/26/heres-who-gets-first-dibs-on-tickets-to-the-2018-all-star-game-at-nationals-park/?utm_term=.02f46e708a72

it depends on how they pitched it when they were using it as bait to get people to buy season plans. 

Offline HalfSmokes

Nice! Shows that the fans can win against the all greed all the time ownership groups.

They sure broke ownership with that settlement

Under the terms of the settlement, the class members will have the option of receiving a $45 concession voucher or an alternative voucher, valued at $75, that will enable them to get an on-ice holiday photo or a personalized message on the scoreboard during a Flyers game at the Wells Fargo Center and on the Xfinity Live board after the game.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
it depends on how they pitched it when they were using it as bait to get people to buy season plans.

I am fairly certain they didn’t pitch it as selling it differently than they have sold tickets to the all star game for years.

Offline HalfSmokes

I am fairly certain they didn’t pitch it as selling it differently than they have sold tickets to the all star game for years.

teams do the marketing not the mlb

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

They? The Nats made the offer and they have never before sold ASG tickets. If MLB policy is to sell tickets in strips the Nats made a commitment to plan buyers that the team couldn't honor. No different from making an offer they later decided not to honor.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
They sure broke ownership with that settlement

Yeah, well at least the lawyers got paid. :-)

Seriously though, a settlement is obviously not nearly as desirable as getting the team to fulfill the deal Camillo offered. Since that appears to be out of the Nats control some sort of voucher to make us whole is probably the best of a bad situation.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
It may not hurt to first contact the Nats.  someone from their sales office just left me a message asking me to call so they can help me Maximize my Fan experience.  I'm all renewed up for next season and have not fired off any angry emails wanting to cancel due to this latest Postseason Fail, so not sure what i need to maximize.

The Nats Service Reps usually ignore us lowly Partial Plan holders, though they are probably just trying to get me to move to a Half Season plan so they can force an All Star strip on me..

Not a bad tact, although probably best to pursue via both avenues, through the team and through the legal process.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
I just got the money for the NLCS single games credited back to me. So the Nats didn’t hold on to it for an excessive amount of time.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Just got an email re credits to my account for playoffs games not played. See below.

Dear Season Plan Holder,

We hope that you enjoyed the 2017 Postseason at Nationals Park. The 2018 season is right around the corner and we’re excited for all that’s to come in 2018, including the 2018 All-Star Game Presented by Mastercard.

Your 2017 Postseason credit from un-played games is now available for you to use towards your 2018 Season Plan.

Account #: XXXXX
Total Postseason Credit Available: $XXXXXX

Credits will be automatically applied to your 2018 Plan by paying off the monthly payments and not by reducing the monthly payment. Once your 2018 Plan is paid in full, a refund of remaining credits may be requested or credits can be applied to your 2018 All-Star invoice.

The value of any tickets to the 2017 Postseason games that did not take place must be used for a 2018 Season Plan. No refunds will be issued.

By way of example only, if you receive a Postseason Credit of $1,000 for the 2017 Season and each installment payment due for your membership or plan for the 2018 Season is $750, no Charge will be made to your Card on 12/15/17, and only $500 will be Charged to your Card on 1/15/18, and each subsequent installment Charged to your Card will be in the amount of $750. Any Postseason Credit earned in the final Season of this Agreement will remain in your account and can only be used by you towards the purchase of plans or memberships for the following Season.

Thank you,
Washington Nationals Membership Services Team

Offline djnrook

They are available now, or not until the 12/15/17 payment?  Not entirely clear. 

Offline Baseball is Life

They are available now, or not until the 12/15/17 payment?  Not entirely clear. 

Available now is what I read from the below:

Your 2017 Postseason credit from un-played games is now available for you to use towards your 2018 Season Plan.

Thhe 12/15/17 date was just used as an example.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Available now is what I read from the below:

Thhe 12/15/17 date was just used as an example.

No.I read somewhere else that it won’t apply until the 12/15 payment.

Offline Baseball is Life

No.I read somewhere else that it won’t apply until the 12/15 payment.

I would verify with my rep. The email clearly states otherwise, at least the way I read it.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
From season ticket agreement.

From time to time the Nationals may provide you with the opportunity to purchase tickets to certain postseason games that may occur at Nationals Park (“Postseason Tickets”). If you in fact purchase Postseason Tickets during any Season of your membership or plan covered by this Agreement and any of the Postseason games for which you purchase Postseason Tickets are never scheduled or are cancelled before the gates open to the public for any reason and never rescheduled (“Unplayed Postseason Games”), you will receive a credit on your account equal to the value of the Postseason Tickets you purchased for the Unplayed Postseason Games less any non-refundable processing fees (a “Postseason Credit”). A Postseason Credit will be applied to the Annual Commitment applicable to the Season immediately following the Season during which it is earned. The amount of any Postseason Credit earned in the immediately preceding Season shall be applied to each installment payment of your Annual Commitment (beginning with the installment payment due on 12/15) until it is exhausted. Once exhausted, installments of your Annual Commitment will be Charged to your Card in the manner set forth in this Agreement. The Nationals will notify you via email of any Postseason Credit on your account by 12/1 of each year.

Offline Baseball is Life

There you have it.

Offline HalfSmokes

They really keep processing fees for unplayed games?

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
They really keep processing fees for unplayed games?

They charged one 25 dollar fee for the whole strip. It is a pure money grab, but I had zero expectation of getting any of that back.

Offline lylelgreen

My scheduled payments have been adjusted to account for the unused portion of the postseason strips.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
My scheduled payments have been adjusted to account for the unused portion of the postseason strips.

Have you done a full reconciliation of the amount credited?

I bought two full 2-seat strips, but had only paid half + fees.  Fees totaled $110.

My credit seemed to be appropriately calculated except that they gave me an extra $39, which perhaps is some portion of fees but well short of the $110 I paid in total. 

It's very close to my season ticket strip fee ($50) pro-rated for 10 games not played of 13 total, which would come to $38.46.  What about the $60 in fees I paid on the extra strip?    :shrug: :shrug:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Plan A holders getting screwed.

Offline Make_lemons

The Partial Plan Holders that don't get a Yankees game, are the ones that are getting screwed.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Plan A holders getting screwed.

(Image removed from quote.)
why do you say that, PB69?

2 dodgers, 1 NYY, 1 BOS, 2 Cards, 1 Os vs. 1 dodgers, 1 nyy, 2 Os, 2 Bos, 1 cards.  Basically, one set gets 2 dodgers and 2 cards, the other gets 2 Bos and 2 Os.  Both get singletons on the NYY and on the teams that the other gets 2.  A is more NL-Oriented, B is more AL.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
why do you say that, PB69?

2 dodgers, 1 NYY, 1 BOS, 2 Cards, 1 Os vs. 1 dodgers, 1 nyy, 2 Os, 2 Bos, 1 cards.  Basically, one set gets 2 dodgers and 2 cards, the other gets 2 Bos and 2 Os.  Both get singletons on the NYY and on the teams that the other gets 2.  A is more NL-Oriented, B is more AL.

Plan B gets 13 Saturdays.  Plan A gets 1...if I counted correctly...