Author Topic: 2018 Ticket Plan and All Star Game Info  (Read 73763 times)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Used to be the first 5 rows, correct?   Did they expand that?

Also, any thoughts what this section is:

116 and 117 behind the visitors and 128 and 129 behind the Nats dugout. It's still the first five rows, I think.

Offline djnrook

116 and 117 behind the visitors and 128 and 129 behind the Nats dugout. It's still the first five rows, I think.
That's what is has been - The way I read PB69 it seemed they expanded that / added more rows this year. 

And still don't know what home dugout VIP seats are...

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
That's what is has been - The way I read PB69 it seemed they expanded that / added more rows this year. 

And still don't know what home dugout VIP seats are...

I got this from the head of my season ticket group:
It appears that season ticket prices have increased to $110 per ticket per game for rows D through M in sections 128 and 129. Yikes!

Row N is the first row of seats that costs $75.

Not sure of the original source of the info.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Also, any thoughts what this section is:
Good question, Home Dugout Box isn't marked on the map. My best guess is that the Lerners are looking to get some of their money back from the bench players.

Offline djnrook

According to the chart. Dugout box premier are $115 this year.   

Offline dcpatti

Anyone have only two options for the ticket renewal: pay 100% now or pay 50% in October and the balance in February? Not the strips, which I think are usually 50/50, but the 2018 tickets. I plan to email my rep tomorrow but wanted to see if anyone else saw that, like maybe it's some glitch or something (I drank a bunch of beer at the crab feast ha ha my reading skills aren't too good)..

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Anyone have only two options for the ticket renewal: pay 100% now or pay 50% in October and the balance in February? Not the strips, which I think are usually 50/50, but the 2018 tickets. I plan to email my rep tomorrow but wanted to see if anyone else saw that, like maybe it's some glitch or something (I drank a bunch of beer at the crab feast ha ha my reading skills aren't too good)..

My options were pay 10 percent now.

Offline Baseball is Life

I got my email from my rep last night. The link at the bottom links to a personalized portal that has all my account information and prices. Very slick.

Now comes the job of re-upping all my partners in three full plans of 8 partners each. That's 21 partners not counting me if you're keeping track. :bang:

Offline Baseball is Life

There's a drop down menu for paying byy auto payment (10%) for 1 or 2 years.

How was the crab feast?

Offline dcpatti

There's a drop down menu for paying byy auto payment (10%) for 1 or 2 years.

How was the crab feast?

Yeah my drop-down menu only has "Pay All Now" or the two-payments options. I did read the dates wrong; the first payment would be due in December, so I guess it's not that much different than last year where I paid in November and December, January and February, but still. I'm change resistant.  I emailed my rep.

Crab feast was a lot of fun. The crabs were decent sized, not little baby spiders, and they did a good job of cooking them. We did the unlimited option and just went back and got them 3 at a time so they stayed fairly warm. Sides were boring but who cares about cole slaw when you have crabs?  Lines were short and moved quick. I'd do it again. There were a lot of people who were there more for the crabs than for the game but by the 7th inning most people were really into it and cheering for each out that Gio got.  My only complaint is that we ended up sharing a table with 8 people who were part of a larger group (they took up 3 tables) and it was a little awkward sitting there in the middle of their family reunion, so if I go next year, I'd probably try to take some additional folks and make a group (I went with just my husband).   

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
$3 per game bump for TBSITH over row B, just a little $246 kick in the dick for being a long time fan with front row seats. For those who don't want to pay extra you can move to the back of the pricing section, right behind all the plan holders who joined in 2017.

The real blow is the expanded Dugout Premier seats, from $75 to $110 ($78 in 2018 for those not affected). Pay up or give up your dream seats and move 20 rows back.

So they didn't even mention this increase or give any rationale. It's like they tried to sneak it in. Which they ought to realize is horrible for customer relations. The front row Mezzanine were sold to me as a benefit of a full season plan. I couldn't get them in a half plan. So I got the full plan. And now they charge on top of that. Frustrating. More so than a general price hike.
Other than, "we want more money," have the Nats given a rationale for this?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Jesse

There is none...

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
So they didn't even mention this increase or give any rationale. It's like they tried to sneak it in. Which they ought to realize is horrible for customer relations. The front row Mezzanine were sold to me as a benefit of a full season plan. I couldn't get them in a half plan. So I got the full plan. And now they charge on top of that. Frustrating. More so than a general price hike.

Jesse

As far as I know the team has not commented on all of the new pricing sections, there must be at least twice as many price levels as there were just a few years ago before the new Revenue Chief took over. Basically they figured that their most long term fans who have attained front row seats are the least likely to cancel their plans.

Offline MarloReaves

Has anyone compared the prices on the invoices from the emailed Link and Access account?
Mine do not match for either the post season strip or 2018 renewal.
And on top of that, I'm struggling to figure how 4 post season strips in the gallery with early renew are over 4K.
I'm waiting to hear back from my Rep, but I was checking if anyone else noticed the same.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Has anyone compared the prices on the invoices from the emailed Link and Access account?
Mine do not match for either the post season strip or 2018 renewal.
And on top of that, I'm struggling to figure how 4 post season strips in the gallery with early renew are over 4K.
I'm waiting to hear back from my Rep, but I was checking if anyone else noticed the same.

Did you include the 25 dollar handling fee?

Offline MarloReaves

Did you include the 25 dollar handling fee?

Ha!  Yes, I added that in.
My Rep just called and explained the pricing for post season and the different amounts.
Phew thats a lot of money!!

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Ha!  Yes, I added that in.
My Rep just called and explained the pricing for post season and the different amounts.
Phew thats a lot of money!!

I see you registered a while back...welcome to posting...  :thumbs:

Offline MarloReaves

I see you registered a while back...welcome to posting...  :thumbs:

Thank you,  I'm generally a lurker  ;)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
I’m debating getting the extra postseason strips. Would you guys recommend? We don’t have partners. It’s just my wife and I that use the tickets for the most part. Are these difficult to sell. I have some friends that would use some, but I don’t want to be stuck. How close are they typically to the seats that I have? Sorry. This is my first year doing this...

Offline Baseball is Life

I’m debating getting the extra postseason strips. Would you guys recommend? We don’t have partners. It’s just my wife and I that use the tickets for the most part. Are these difficult to sell. I have some friends that would use some, but I don’t want to be stuck. How close are they typically to the seats that I have? Sorry. This is my first year doing this...

They will be probably in your same seating zone, but the real drawback is the price. They are much more than your postseason price for your regular seats. Unless you have people lined up to buy the seats, I would think twice about it.

Offline dcpatti

You can pick the seats just like you can pick regular tickets so it's up to you if they're in your same general seating area or not. Not all areas available; MLB apparently buys most of the Club level, and the Delta and Diamond Club SPH are required to buy their postseason strips so there's not usually a lot left there. Like BIL says, they're much more expensive than your SPH strips, and like a lot of the other SPH benefits, they officially can't be resold, so you can't put them on stubhub.  Personally I wouldn't bother unless I already knew someone who wanted the whole strips because the potential profit isn't high enough to me to justify  the risk of not selling/selling at a loss, but you might have a higher threshold than I do.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
I've renewed for next season and may extend that for the following season. No post-season or ASG though because of Metro and medical issues.

After all those years without baseball in this town, my status as a charter STH is not something I would part with lightly.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I have a huge group of ticket partners, so I tend to pick up the extra strips but buy them in a cheaper location, like the Outfield.  It gives me a bit of a price range, too.  I don't seem to have a problem finding people interested in the World Series.  The LDS is getting a little tougher to sell because the novelty has worn off.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
I have a huge group of ticket partners, so I tend to pick up the extra strips but buy them in a cheaper location, like the Outfield.  It gives me a bit of a price range, too.  I don't seem to have a problem finding people interested in the World Series.  The LDS is getting a little tougher to sell because the novelty has worn off.

I just got around to to checking the extra strips and the only ones available are not great locations at high prices. Assuming that most people purchase their main set of strips there won't be a lot of tickets available for single game sales.

Offline rbw5t

How did you check that?  Can it be done online?