Author Topic: 2018 Ticket Plan and All Star Game Info  (Read 73754 times)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Does anyone have a pricing list for the NLCS?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Is this what you're looking for?

http://m.mlb.com/nationals/tickets/postseason/index#component-255413502

http://www.mlb.com/ticketing/pricing.jsp?c_id=was&layout=gameflow&view=postseason

Which price list will be available tomorrow? That chart is too damn complicated. I assume that it will be the highest prices.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Which price list will be available tomorrow? That chart is too damn complicated. I assume that it will be the highest prices.

The most expensive one.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
The most expensive one.

Wow! $65 for a low row in 222 is looking like a great deal. Makes up for some of my losses for tix I couldn't sell.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Wow! $65 for a low row in 222 is looking like a great deal. Makes up for some of my losses for tix I couldn't sell.
you are reading that wrong.  Look under the NLCS column. Cheapest seat is around $135 for the 400 level.

Offline jectaxcpa

• Been here too long

Offline natsarl

Got 2 tickets to Game 1; hope that doesn’t jinx the team. ;)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Parking for game 5 Thursday is getting tight already.

SpotHero with the best deal:

1880 2nd St. SW - Lot, 0.8 miles, $15.  I parked there opening day and it's a vast empty lot.  Saw a couple of guys pull their bikes out of the trunk and ride over to Nats Park for the free valet parking there, a great idea.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Just got the email that the Nats have connected their monthly payment for October. Guess that playoff refund money hasn't been applied yet.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Just got the email that the Nats have connected their monthly payment for October. Guess that playoff refund money hasn't been applied yet.

I got it too. There should be a fair bit of money coming back to us unfortunately. But probably not until a couple of weeks. Lots of interest money for the Lerner’s, I guess. The principle (not principal) is annoying, but the practicality is that it isn’t much money for me individually. O well

Offline santanaf

I got it too. There should be a fair bit of money coming back to us unfortunately. But probably not until a couple of weeks. Lots of interest money for the Lerner’s, I guess. The principle (not principal) is annoying, but the practicality is that it isn’t much money for me individually. O well

Yep, got my monthly payment email. Ridiculous and tone deaf but usual MO for the Nats. They owe me thousands for the postseason strips but rather than delaying the monthly payment, they'll go ahead and charge my card on file. Just so terrible, much like the postseason.

Offline djnrook

From our season ticket agreement:

From time to time the Nationals may provide you with the opportunity to purchase tickets to certain postseason games that may occur at Nationals Park (“Postseason Tickets”). If you in fact purchase Postseason Tickets during any Season of your membership or plan covered by this Agreement and any of the Postseason games for which you purchase Postseason Tickets are never scheduled or are cancelled before the gates open to the public for any reason and never rescheduled (“Unplayed Postseason Games”), you will receive a credit on your account equal to the value of the Postseason Tickets you purchased for the Unplayed Postseason Games less any non-refundable processing fees (a “Postseason Credit”). A Postseason Credit will be applied to the Annual Commitment applicable to the Season immediately following the Season during which it is earned. The amount of any Postseason Credit earned in the immediately preceding Season shall be applied to each installment payment of your Annual Commitment (beginning with the installment payment due on 12/15) until it is exhausted. Once exhausted, installments of your Annual Commitment will be Charged to your Card in the manner set forth in this Agreement. The Nationals will notify you via email of any Postseason Credit on your account by 12/1 of each year.

They are exhausting.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
So the bad part is they hold it until 12/15. But otherwise I’m OK with it. Because if they applied it immediately then they would start taking more installments. Either way they would end up having an equal amount of my money. Or am I figuring it wrong?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
From our season ticket agreement:

They are exhausting.

And pretty soon we will be getting ASG invoices while the Nats are still holding on to our money for the tie-breaker and wildcard games.

My favorite thing about the Nats postseason is buying single game NLCS seats for my friends, then refunding their money when the Nats get bounced, only to have to pay my credit card bill while waiting for the Nats to press the button to process the refunds. I need to put a rule in my Gmail account to delete the presale offers before I even see them.

Offline Count Walewski

I bought NLCS tickets through the fan club presale (not a STH) - do I get my refund on 12/15 as well?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
I've been looking at the Nats email for my 2017 renewal and they offered me the right to purchase tickets to the "All-Star Game" for re-upping my plan in 2017 and 2018. Compare that to the 2018 renewal which offers the opportunity to purchase a strip of tickets for the All-Star Week. So my renewal in 2017 really should have required that I renew for both years, plus purchase tickets to the futures game and home run derby in order to get access to the ASG.

I don't want tickets to the futures game or the home run derby, I signed up in 2017 expecting to be able to buy tickets for just the ASG itself. This appears to be a classic bait and switch, a changing of the terms after I agreed to the initial purchase. Anyone else reading this the same way I am?

From the renewal email signed by Valerie Camillo on August 5, 2016:
Finally, we recently received information on our 2018 All-Star Game ticket allocations and, for the first time, we are able to guarantee NATS PLUS Members who renew for the 2017 season (and stay with us through 2018) the right to purchase tickets to the All-Star Game at Nationals Park.

From the most recent renewal web page:
2018 Renewing Full of Half Season NATS PLUS Members:
Will be guaranteed the exclusive opportunity to purchase one Full 2018 All-Star Week STRIP for each 2018 Full Season Plan purchased. A Full Strip consists of...

Definition of "bait and switch" from Wikipedia:
First, customers are "baited" by merchants's advertising products or services at a low price, but when customers visit the store, they discover that the advertised goods either are not available or are not as good as expected, or the customers are pressured by sales people to consider similar, but higher-priced, items ("switching").

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Doesn’t MLB always sell these things in strips? When I signed up I assumed that their guarantee included the whole strip. Plus I imagine that they will say that they are fulfilling their promise to provide you access to the game, you just have to buy a whole strip to avail yourself of that opportunity.

For your interpretation to be valid, the language last year would have to say “only all star game” or “single all star game tickets”.

I’m not trying to take the Nats side (they are always trying to take us for more money), but I imagine they are on good legal footing.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Doesn’t MLB always sell these things in strips? When I signed up I assumed that their guarantee included the whole strip. Plus I imagine that they will say that they are fulfilling their promise to provide you access to the game, you just have to buy a whole strip to avail yourself of that opportunity.

For your interpretation to be valid, the language last year would have to say “only all star game” or “single all star game tickets”.

I’m not trying to take the Nats side (they are always trying to take us for more money), but I imagine they are on good legal footing.

Based on your statements you are assuming that as a consumer I have previous knowledge of how All-Star Game tickets are sold. That it is reasonable for the team to assume that their plan holders knew in 2016 that "All-Star Game" meant "All-Star Week". I don't agree. The Nats provide pages of legalese with every contract, they are very precise in their definitions, most of us plan holders who have never been to an All-Star Game wouldn't have had any way of knowing that we should interpret Camillo's sales pitch as anything but a commitment that if we buy tickets for 2016 and 2017 we can buy ASG tickets, not that we would be later required to spend a thousand dollars more on extra events for which some of us have no interest.

Offline dcpatti

... not that we would be later required to spend a thousand dollars more on extra events for which some of us have no interest.

That’s pretty much how season tickets work for anyone who has a season ticket group. You buy the season, which is thousands of dollars and way more baseball than what you’re interested in, and you get other  people to buy your excess.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
That’s pretty much how season tickets work for anyone who has a season ticket group. You buy the season, which is thousands of dollars and way more baseball than what you’re interested in, and you get other  people to buy your excess.

Not hardly.

Offline dcpatti

Not hardly.

How is it not the same thing?  You are buying  a package (81 home games, 40 home games, an all star strip). You don't want the whole package so you find someone (or several someones) who also does not want the whole package.  You put your name on the contract and pay the bill, then give a third of your package (or a half or whatever) to that other person and take their money. 

Offline Make_lemons

Wouldn't hurt to argue with the Nats, and see what they say.

This strip business is part of why there was no Alumni game when the Caps hosted the Winter Classic.  Teddy wanted to force STH to buy both the Classic and Alumni games (they may have even wanted to throw a Hershey game in there), but Flyers STH had just won or launched a Class Action Lawsuit against the owners for doing that:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/news/winter-classic-lawsuit-settled-by-flyers-owners/cl095bwbr8bk1ktmojv0zwkav

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Wouldn't hurt to argue with the Nats, and see what they say.

This strip business is part of why there was no Alumni game when the Caps hosted the Winter Classic.  Teddy wanted to force STH to buy both the Classic and Alumni games (they may have even wanted to throw a Hershey game in there), but Flyers STH had just won or launched a Class Action Lawsuit against the owners for doing that:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/news/winter-classic-lawsuit-settled-by-flyers-owners/cl095bwbr8bk1ktmojv0zwkav

Nice! Shows that the fans can win against the all greed all the time ownership groups. This is a little different because that was a regular season game that was pulled out of the season plan after the fans had committed to purchase. But the deceit remains the same, the Nats agreed to sell us tickets to the All-Star Game if we bought plans in 2017 and 2018 and then later changed the conditions to require purchase to several other events at what is sure to be a highly inflated price.

Stern and Eisenberg is the law firm that represented the Flyers fans and they have local offices. They also have a Twitter account. I'm strongly leaning towards inquiring into whether we have a case.