Author Topic: 2018 Ticket Plan and All Star Game Info  (Read 73785 times)

Offline DPMOmaha

When will we learn the NLDS game times?
Monday, probably. Or maybe after the WC games?

Offline Ray D

When will we learn the NLDS game times?
I hope it's before the presale, because if I don't know the time, I'm not going to buy tickets.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

I hope it's before the presale, because if I don't know the time, I'm not going to buy tickets.

They won't announce it before tomorrow or even Thursday. My guess is early next week.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

The presale is tomorrow, the game times probably won't be known until after the wild card games.

Offline DPMOmaha

Getting the Cubs in the first round probably means we'll get decent time slots.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Last year, the start times for Games 1 and 2 were announced on Monday, October 3 which is the day after the regular season ended. For this year, that would be Monday, October 2 if they stick to the same schedule of announcing this information. I think it's too late if you wait until the WC games are over (late Wednesday night) and the WC teams aren't going to be hosting Games 1 and 2 anyway.

Offline Ray D

I am certain that if the Nats make the World Series that Metro will stay open.
I recall reading that they have already said they will.

Offline Natsinpwc

Getting the Cubs in the first round probably means we'll get decent time slots.
Prime time. Oh wait. The Yankees, Red Sox and LA are in it.

Offline DPMOmaha

Prime time. Oh wait. The Yankees, Red Sox and LA are in it.
Yankees aren't in it yet. Dodgers will get the late game. Cubs are a huuuuuge draw, too, especially when they're facing Bryce Harper.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Yankees aren't in it yet. Dodgers will get the late game. Cubs are a huuuuuge draw, too, especially when they're facing Bryce Harper.

You think the Cubs will still be a huuuuge draw now that they're not the cursed lovable losers anymore? 

Offline DPMOmaha

You think the Cubs will still be a huuuuge draw now that they're not the cursed lovable losers anymore? 
Yes. Cubs have the second biggest fanbase other than the Yankees.

Offline Ray D

Yes. Reigning champ is always a big draw.

Offline mach1ne

Dodgers/Nats got the earlier games last year so it should be interesting to see who gets it this year.

Offline DPMOmaha

Dodgers/Nats got the earlier games last year so it should be interesting to see who gets it this year.
Giants/Cubs got those late game slots. Nats and Cubs were 1 and 2 seeds, so they were going head to head with 2 west coast teams at home at the same time. Won't be the case this year, at least on the NL side. The "west" team out of the AL will be Houston. Could very well see the Cubs/Nats getting the late slot, especially when we're in Chicago.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Playoff strips arrived today....

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
And I cant get on to the website to order tickets. What happens when it opens to general public...

Offline dcpatti

I got through straight away...
the site always vomits when the fan club/nats insider presale and the general sale happens but i've never had an issue with the SPH presale.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Tickets in my section are a little more than double what I paid for them via the strip, ouch. I don't need any extras so I'm good, just wondering if they have over priced the market or if they'll sell out. Weather is great so probably the park will be full.

I tried selecting tickets with parking, then dropped the tickets to see if I could keep the parking and that wasn't an option. I would have considered buying the tickets if that wasn't going to be blocked on StubHub. In any case the price was so high that I'll be better off using a cash lot.

Offline djnrook

Got in no problem.  They had dugout box right behind the home dugout and infield box right behind the home dugout.   And yes, much more expensive than what we paid.  Frustrating that when I ordered my extra strips the best seats that were available were way out in the LF corner. 

Offline santanaf

I was always annoyed by this before too. But it make some sense since those strips were for the same seats for all games, not just NLDS. NLCS and WS will be far less available during presale, and they had to hold back good seats in the event someone wanted to buy SPH accounts for the postseason. It's all a dirty game of $$.

Got in no problem.  They had dugout box right behind the home dugout and infield box right behind the home dugout.   And yes, much more expensive than what we paid.  Frustrating that when I ordered my extra strips the best seats that were available were way out in the LF corner.

Offline djnrook

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Yes. Cubs have the second biggest fanbase other than the Yankees.

Back in the RFK days only the Mets, it seemed, brought more opposition support here than the Cubs.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Got in right away and no problem. Lots of options available, it seemed. I bought my max eight tickets for each game. I went for the Baseline Box and the prices were $124, $4 more than what I paid for when I bought the comparable two extra strips. But, yeah, the extra strips were about 60% more ($120 vs. $75) than my regular seats in Sec. 113 if my math is right.

I didn't consider buying parking because I was trying to rush and nab the best tix and I hope I don't regret it.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
And I cant get on to the website to order tickets. What happens when it opens to general public...

I got right in and got two pair of decent tickets.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

I was able to get in and pick up some decent LF corner seats. Pricey though at $79 each. Guess that's a bargain compared to the WS price of $349 for the same seats :$$$: