Author Topic: 2018 Ticket Plan and All Star Game Info  (Read 73779 times)

Offline lylelgreen

Sat down to figure out the per game cost for my own plan and additional strips bought and damned if I can reconcile the posted prices to my totals.

Here's the posted prices:   http://mlb.mlb.com/was/ticketing/season-plans/images/2017postseasonstrippricing.pdf

For section 137 (RF Corner section)  a single seat strip cost me 2,345 before fee.

Posted prices are, for Priority Access Pricing (the highest tier since this is an additional strip)

1 Wild card at $75
3 NLDS at $75
4 NLCS at $150
4 WS at $375

total = 2,280.   Why did I pay $2,345, or $65 more?

I worked the math on my own Club seats, Nats Plus pricing and got the exact same difference - $65 each.   

:wtf:

So has anybody else attempted to allocate their total ticket cost to individual games as a way of checking the amounts billed?   I need this by the way to share the costs to my partners.

Doesn't the strip include the tiebreaker game in addition to the wild card, NLDS, NLCS, and WS?

Offline Natsinpwc

The thing that really got me was when they charged for 4 WS games after the NL had lost the ASG.  I can't complain about that one anymore after the rules change on home field advantage.  Just be glad we at least get a credit for unplayed games.  They'd keep all the money if they could.
Rich guys know how to make money. Even if it's just some interest while holding your money for a while.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Doesn't the strip include the tiebreaker game in addition to the wild card, NLDS, NLCS, and WS?

That's what Bluestreak suggested, I think that must be it.  I didn't see anything in the pricing link but it makes sense.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
A tempest in a tea-pot as far as I'm concerned...all the post-season matches will start at 20.30 and let out after midnight so that's why (along with my medical issues) I didn't buy post-season tickets, since if Metro won't liberalise its hours for the Redskins, it definitely won't liberalise them for the Nationals.

Will be at the home finale Sunday-after-next, may be at the match before that for the WNFF meet-and-greet (if so, that would be my first prime-time match in person since 2014)...but after that it's Charlie and Dave all the way.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
A tempest in a tea-pot as far as I'm concerned...all the post-season matches will start at 20.30 and let out after midnight so that's why (along with my medical issues) I didn't buy post-season tickets, since if Metro won't liberalise its hours for the Redskins, it definitely won't liberalise them for the Nationals.

Will be at the home finale Sunday-after-next, may be at the match before that for the WNFF meet-and-greet (if so, that would be my first prime-time match in person since 2014)...but after that it's Charlie and Dave all the way.

I imagine there will be some day games, especially early on. And let’s be honest the Re&*’@ns regular season and playoff baseball are completely different animals. I imagine as the team progresses (if they do) there is an increasing chance that Metro will be open and I think it’s almost certain that metro would stay open for any potential World Series games.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
[...]And let’s be honest the Re&*’@ns regular season and playoff baseball are completely different animals. I imagine as the team progresses (if they do) there is an increasing chance that Metro will be open and I think it’s almost certain that metro would stay open for any potential World Series games.

Through the eyes of a sports fan the first statement is most certainly true, but through the eyes of Metro's less-than-proactive management (with the Federal Transit Administration breathing down their necks)  it's not such a sure thing. With Metro management already in hot water with federal regulators (and, for the most part, deservedly so) over safety issues, I don't think they'll want to give new safety issues a place to start and they will resist any attempts to extend hours. (I'm not sure how much authority the Federal Transit Administration has over Metro's supplemental scheduling issues but it's possible the FTA may not even let Metro stay open late.)

Offline dcpatti

Metro doesn’t make the decision to stay open. Their charter prohibits them from changing hours for special events themselves. Extending hours is all based on requests made by event organizers/hosts. Now that safetrack is over, they are allowed to accept requests again, but someone has to request they stay open late, and that someone also has to cover a $100k/hour deposit. Passengers who come through in that extra hour are multiplied by an average fare (around $5.25 if memory serves me and I have no idea how that is established) and counted against your deposit. 10k turnstile clicks = $52,500 refund of your deposit.

Note that the deposit was only around $35k before Safetrack which is why in earlier years they could always find a sponsor. It’s basically free advertising because there were always enough fans to make $35k in fares at five bucks a fan. $100k will be much harder.

There’s also a maximum of 11 requests annually that will be honored so just because you ask doesn’t mean you’ll get it.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Metro doesn’t make the decision to stay open.

So how do they arrive at their operating hours?

Offline dcpatti

So how do they arrive at their operating hours?

The general operating hours are up to the wmata board but have to get approved by the congressional transportation committee.  Those hours include extra hours for things like New Year’s Eve which are region wide and affect a lot of people. Deviations from the normal schedule are up to the board to approve but the metro charter doesn’t allow the board to suggest the deviations, because of the costs involved and because of the conflicting interests of the different jurisdictions represented by the board.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
The general operating hours are up to the wmata board but have to get approved by the congressional transportation committee.  Those hours include extra hours for things like New Year’s Eve which are region wide and affect a lot of people. Deviations from the normal schedule are up to the board to approve but the metro charter doesn’t allow the board to suggest the deviations, because of the costs involved and because of the conflicting interests of the different jurisdictions represented by the board.

Thanks...

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
I am certain that if the Nats make the World Series that Metro will stay open. Wiedefeld himself hinted that they would have made an exception during SafeTrack last year (only for the WS).
NLCS, I don’t know, but I bet that they will keep it open.

Offline lylelgreen

2017 Postseason Single Game Tickets

http://m.mlb.com/nationals/tickets/postseason/index

NLDS

Tuesday, September 26
- NATS Plus Presale at 10 am
- Partial Plan Holders Presale at 2 pm

Wednesday, September 27
- Nationals Fan Club Presale at 10 am

Thursday, September 27
- Public Onsale at 10 am

NLCS

Saturday, October 7

Monday, October 9

Tuesday, October 10
- Public Onsale at 10 am

World Series

Tuesday, October 17

Wednesday, October 18

Thursday, October 19
- Public Onsale at 10 am

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Wednesday, September 27

Thursday, September 27
- Public Onsale at 10 am

Calendars are tough...

Offline NovaNat

2017 Postseason Single Game Tickets

http://m.mlb.com/nationals/tickets/postseason/index

NLCS

Saturday, October 7

Monday, October 9

Tuesday, October 10
- Public Onsale at 10 am

World Series

Tuesday, October 17

Wednesday, October 18

Thursday, October 19
- Public Onsale at 10 am

That onsale time for partial plan holders is going to suck if we have afternoon games. Haven't they had to change the times for this very same reason in the past?

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Do you get a special link or code if you are a plan holder? How does this work? How difficult will it be to get seats on Tuesday?

Offline dcpatti

Do you get a special link or code if you are a plan holder? How does this work? How difficult will it be to get seats on Tuesday?

It will be in your Special Offers in the tickets.com site. Same place you go to buy single game discounted tickets or rsvp for events. It’s a single use but you can buy for all games with one use, meaning, if you want tickets for two games, pick one, add it to your cart, then pick th next and check out. Once you check out, it disappears.

Last year there was a moderate selection during the SPH presale.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
I just got an email for Winterfest tickets since I renewed. Is it worth it to go to both days? I’ve obviously never been before.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
I just got an email for Winterfest tickets since I renewed. Is it worth it to go to both days? I’ve obviously never been before.

One day is good for most people, I would think. It's a very well done event, especially for young kids.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
It will be in your Special Offers in the tickets.com site. Same place you go to buy single game discounted tickets or rsvp for events. It’s a single use but you can buy for all games with one use, meaning, if you want tickets for two games, pick one, add it to your cart, then pick th next and check out. Once you check out, it disappears.

Last year there was a moderate selection during the SPH presale.

We should also get an email, I would think.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Playoff strips shipped today. Should arrive Tuesday.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Eight tickets allowed per game in the presale. Assuming resale is blocked on StubHub that might keep more tickets in the hands of Nats fans.

Offline Ed Stroud

Can we expect the 4 games on Friday 10/6 to be at the same times as last year - 1:10, 4:40, 5:40, and 9:15? 

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Can we expect the 4 games on Friday 10/6 to be at the same times as last year - 1:10, 4:40, 5:40, and 9:15? 

Probably, but who knows. If this is the case, gotta imagine the Dodgers get to host the late game. The AL series looks to be NYY/MIN @ CLE and BOS @ HOU. I think the Cubs-Nats would be a better ratings draw for the 5:40 game but, again, who knows...

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Any idea of whether it is possible to buy parking without a ticket during the presale? I may have to sucker a couple worker into buying full price tickets through me via the presale tomorrow so I can get parking.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
When will we learn the NLDS game times?