Author Topic: 2018 Ticket Plan and All Star Game Info  (Read 73749 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Does this mean that my Nats for Life plan is going on my credit report?

TRUTH IN LENDING ACT (“TILA”) DISCLOSURE
ANNUAL
PERCENTAGE RATE:
The cost of
your credit as
yearly rate
0%

FINANCE
CHARGE:
The dollar amount
the credit will
cost you
$0.00

AMOUNT
FINANCED:
The amount of credit
provided to you or on
your behalf
TOTAL OF
PAYMENTS:

The amount you
will have paid after
you have made
all payments as
scheduled
TOTAL
SALE PRICE:

The total cost of your
purchase on credit,
including your down
payment of $0

Your payment schedule for the 2018 Season will be: payments of due monthly on the dates set forth in the chart above.

Prepayment: If you pay off early, you will not have to pay a penalty.

Contract Reference: See the terms below for any additional information about nonpayment, default, and any required repayment in full before the scheduled date.

ITEMIZATION OF AMOUNT FINANCED OF
1. Cash Price of Season Tickets & Parking (if applicable)....................................... ................
2. Sales Tax... $0
3. Cash Price of Season Tickets & Parking (if applicable), Including Taxes (1 plus 2).............

Offline Natsinpwc

Does this mean that my Nats for Life plan is going on my credit report?
I believe any time you do a payment plan it fire in your credit report. Take advantage of the free reports the government gives you each year.  Do one for each of the three Credit bureaus every four months.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
I believe any time you do a payment plan it fire in your credit report. Take advantage of the free reports the government gives you each year.  Do one for each of the three Credit bureaus every four months.

Considering that I'm paying each installment 3-6 months prior to the corresponding games it sure feels like I'm loaning them money rather than the other way around.

Initial Deposit Date Installment Charges By October 15, 2017 10 equal installments to be charged on: the Initial Deposit Date; 10/16/17; 11/15/17; 12/15/17; 1/16/18; 2/15/18; 3/15/18; 4/15/18; 5/15/18; and 6/15/18

Offline Natsinpwc

Considering that I'm paying each installment 3-6 months prior to the corresponding games it sure feels like I'm loaning them money rather than the other way around.
Ask them.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Is there a link or a tab that shows the per game price of the seats available on the extra strips?  I bought 2 in 143 (dead center, but near Max's!) and I want to put the per game cost up for my partners when I make the tickets available.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Is there a link or a tab that shows the per game price of the seats available on the extra strips?  I bought 2 in 143 (dead center, but near Max's!) and I want to put the per game cost up for my partners when I make the tickets available.

Go to http://nationals.brochure-mlb.com/2018/A and click on Post Season Pricing and General Public tab. My understanding is that the extra strips will be the same price as the General Public prices but SPH will get first dibs.

Offline lylelgreen

Offline LoveAngelos

The Marriott Residence Inn, next to the Hampton Inn, still has rooms available for the All Star game at $699.00 per night

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.

I got an email for the extra strips just now and I renewed on Monday. We like lower level tickets, best available was in the corner on the lower level. Trying to decide whether to jump on it now or wait until something better maybe opens up after Sept. 8.

Offline Make_lemons

Any word on when the NLDS pre-sale for single games will be?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
just a guess - it'll be on a day I'm flying to / from New Hampshire and I will not have access at 10 AM.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

The magic # for the #Nats to get home field advantage over the Cubs is 4, so after this weekend the Nats will be able to sell the tickets with the dates locked in. So probably early next week. Could be SPH on Tue, Insider on Wed, and general public on Thur, assuming they'd start promoting the sales on Monday.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
The magic # for the #Nats to get home field advantage over the Cubs is 4, so after this weekend the Nats will be able to sell the tickets with the dates locked in. So probably early next week. Could be SPH on Tue, Insider on Wed, and general public on Thur, assuming they'd start promoting the sales on Monday.

Do they have to wait for this. Don't they usually just sell "home game 1" and "home game 2"?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Do they have to wait for this. Don't they usually just sell "home game 1" and "home game 2"?

They don't usually wait. But it's two weeks away and I don't think they will do the sale over the weekend.

Offline GMUTrkstar

I called the box office & eventually spoke to an operator that said the tickets should be on sale 9/28...has anyone bought tickets ahead of official sales on StubHub/Seatgeek? Was thinking about doing this but unsure since official tickets haven't been released to public.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
I imagine that those on Stubhub are STH who have renewed but aren't going to the games.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Sat down to figure out the per game cost for my own plan and additional strips bought and damned if I can reconcile the posted prices to my totals.

Here's the posted prices:   http://mlb.mlb.com/was/ticketing/season-plans/images/2017postseasonstrippricing.pdf

For section 137 (RF Corner section)  a single seat strip cost me 2,345 before fee.

Posted prices are, for Priority Access Pricing (the highest tier since this is an additional strip)

1 Wild card at $75
3 NLDS at $75
4 NLCS at $150
4 WS at $375

total = 2,280.   Why did I pay $2,345, or $65 more?

I worked the math on my own Club seats, Nats Plus pricing and got the exact same difference - $65 each.   

:wtf:

So has anybody else attempted to allocate their total ticket cost to individual games as a way of checking the amounts billed?   I need this by the way to share the costs to my partners.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Do ya think Learjets grow on trees??

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Sat down to figure out the per game cost for my own plan and additional strips bought and damned if I can reconcile the posted prices to my totals.

Here's the posted prices:   http://mlb.mlb.com/was/ticketing/season-plans/images/2017postseasonstrippricing.pdf

For section 137 (RF Corner section)  a single seat strip cost me 2,345 before fee.

Posted prices are, for Priority Access Pricing (the highest tier since this is an additional strip)

1 Wild card at $75
3 NLDS at $75
4 NLCS at $150
4 WS at $375

total = 2,280.   Why did I pay $2,345, or $65 more?

I worked the math on my own Club seats, Nats Plus pricing and got the exact same difference - $65 each.   

:wtf:

So has anybody else attempted to allocate their total ticket cost to individual games as a way of checking the amounts billed?   I need this by the way to share the costs to my partners.

How much is a regular season ticket in your plan? My invoice is over by the price of one ticket, which I believe is for a regular season tiebreaker game that won't be played. 

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

1 Wild card at $75
3 NLDS at $75
4 NLCS at $150
4 WS at $375

total = 2,280.

That adds up to $2,400 for me...I think you meant $345 for WS tickets...

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
How much is a regular season ticket in your plan? My invoice is over by the price of one ticket, which I believe is for a regular season tiebreaker game that won't be played.

Well that WOULD explain my own seating in 211, which is exactly the cost of the overage - $65.  Tiebreaker my ass.

And it MAY explain the other one as well, except I have no benchmark for what I should be paying for a tiebreaker in 137.  Here's a good one - my 211 seats are $300 ea for the World Series - the ones down in the corner in 137, way back, are $345 ea due to the non-discounted pricing.  I'm thinking of switching the prices or something for my seatholders because to charge them more for worse seats just doesn't smell good.

Offline Natsinpwc

Yea. They love to charge the tiebreaker game.

Online rbw5t

Yea. They love to charge the tiebreaker game.

The thing that really got me was when they charged for 4 WS games after the NL had lost the ASG.  I can't complain about that one anymore after the rules change on home field advantage.  Just be glad we at least get a credit for unplayed games.  They'd keep all the money if they could.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
From Dan Steinberg:
single-game tickets for the NLDS will go on sale to Nats Plus and season plan holders on Tuesday. There will be a presale for members of the Nats Fan Club, which is free for anyone to join, on Wednesday. NLDS tickets will go on sale to the general public on Thursday.

I can't predict baseball but I can sometimes predict when baseball tickets will go on sale.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
and I will be in transit all tuesday.  I have a 3 PM flight from Logan.  I could catch a train that is supposed to get into Boston at 1:23 and then hop the T to the airport (a double switch), but that's playing it a touch tight.  Alternatively, I could try to log on before 10:15 but I would risk missing the 10:44 train in.