Author Topic: 2018 Ticket Plan and All Star Game Info  (Read 73753 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
How did you check that?  Can it be done online?

Go to the My Tickets site and then to Special Offers.

Offline rbw5t

Go to the My Tickets site and then to Special Offers.

Thanks.  I'm not seeing it in mine.  Did you already renew for next year and/or buy your initial strips?  I was planning to wait until closer to the 9/8 deadline, so haven't done it yet.  I'm thinking maybe the extra strip availability doesn't show up until you've bought the first ones or renewed for next year.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
You don’t get extra strip availability until you renew.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
According to Rizzo there is no tear, no need for surgery, everyone can resume post season strip purchases.

Offline Make_lemons

Question about Nat for Life -- Has anyone with an actual rep asked them how easy it will be to opt of the Nat for Life option when each renewal comes up?  ie can you log into your account to do it?  or will you have to call the Nats?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Question about Nat for Life -- Has anyone with an actual rep asked them how easy it will be to opt of the Nat for Life option when each renewal comes up?  ie can you log into your account to do it?  or will you have to call the Nats?

Not sure of the answer to your question, but I'm curious as to why you would opt out. The price lock seems to be sufficient benefit to join and the threat of higher playoff ticket prices would be a significant penalty for plan holders that don't sign up.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Not sure of the answer to your question, but I'm curious as to why you would opt out. The price lock seems to be sufficient benefit to join and the threat of higher playoff ticket prices would be a significant penalty for plan holders that don't sign up.

I think he’s saying that if he one day decides to not literally be a Nat for life and wants to opt out at some point in the future (due to life circumstances or maybe just the Nats sucking) how difficult is it opt out each season.

Offline Make_lemons

I think he’s saying that if he one day decides to not literally be a Nat for life and wants to opt out at some point in the future (due to life circumstances or maybe just the Nats sucking) how difficult is it opt out each season.

this is correct.... in five years (or whatever) I don't want to have to worry about getting someone on the phone while trying to cancel, especially if its the offseason.

I will email the general email contact that us 2nd Class Partial Plan holders get to use.  Thx!!

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
So I absolutely won’t be getting the extra playoff strips. Way too expensive for crappy seats. So do the Nats give season plan holders the opportunity to buy extra single game playoff tickets before the general public?

Offline dcpatti

So I absolutely won’t be getting the extra playoff strips. Way too expensive for crappy seats. So do the Nats give season plan holders the opportunity to buy extra single game playoff tickets before the general public?

Yep and sometimes you can get Diamond Club, Suite (single tickets)  or the Red Porch (Brewhouse, whatever it is called) tables if you're quick on the presales.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I think I renew tonight.  I'm going for extra strips because I want to get more of my people into games.  Is the renew for two worth it in terms of breaks and benes?

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
I think I renew tonight.  I'm going for extra strips because I want to get more of my people into games.  Is the renew for two worth it in terms of breaks and benes?

The main benefit to the two year commitment is the three year price lock. The All Star swag is nice, but i could go without it.  But if the Nats do well, I am certain they will raise prices.

I’ll be interested to see what you think of the options for the extra strips. They are very very limited and basically at the general public price. And they aren’t very desirable seats.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

This is my dilemma. Don't forget that they sell you EVERY possible game, including a tie-breaker and wildcard game which we know won't happen. What I hate is that the only credit they offer for the unused games is to apply the money towards a season plan for next year. My research last year indicated that the majority of playoff teams offered the option of a straight refund. For example, here's the Dodgers' policy for this season:

Season Tickets: If the maximum number of postseason home games at Dodger Stadium (the "Stadium") is not played in a postseason series, the amount paid for the unplayed games, including the per ticket facility fee and parking (if applicable), will automatically be credited to your account and applied to your 2018 regular season invoice. If you do not want a credit applied to your 2018 regular season invoice, please notify the Dodgers Season Ticket Office directly via email at mvp@ladodgers.com. Refunds will only be issued to the season ticket holder of record and in the same method that the payment was made. Please allow 4-6 weeks for refund processing.

Offline Make_lemons

What I hate is that the only credit they offer for the unused games is to apply the money towards a season plan for next year. My research last year indicated that the majority of playoff teams offered the option of a straight refund.

I'm convinced this is a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.... 

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
The main benefit to the two year commitment is the three year price lock. The All Star swag is nice, but i could go without it.  But if the Nats do well, I am certain they will raise prices.

I just can't commit to two years because I have groups with many partners and you never know if one group will fall apart. I'm actually not that worried about price increases. If they raise prices, it will be incremental. At least that's their track record.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
I just can't commit to two years because I have groups with many partners and you never know if one group will fall apart. I'm actually not that worried about price increases. If they raise prices, it will be incremental. At least that's their track record.

They increased my prices by about 10 percent this year. So I will just lock in. Plus it's just me and my wife. No partners.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

The team is using carrot & stick for Nats for Life membership, benefit is price lock, penalty is threat of higher playoff prices next year.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.

They increased my prices by about 10 percent this year. So I will just lock in. Plus it's just me and my wife. No partners.

That makes sense for you.

Percentages are tricky. I don't know how much you pay for your tickets but one of my plans is $78 per ticket and the other is $50 per ticket. Ten percent is $7.80 and $5. If I multiply that by the number of tickets and games I go to it might be a couple of hundred bucks. Not a deal breaker for me.

By the way, my tickets in 113 are $50 each and have not gone up in at least six years or so.

I don't worry about playoff prices because those are a one time thing and not everyone of my partners goes to every game.

Offline Make_lemons

Got an answer from the Nats re: opting out of Nat for Life:

For the Nats for Life payment plan, if you renew for one year then you will have the ability to opt out of that payment plan next August if you desire. However if you renew for two years you will not be able to opt out of that deal as it is binding. Let me know if there is anything else you had a question on and thank you for your patience.

Still trying to get them to give a firm answer regarding whether you can opt out via logging into your Access account or if you would have to call someone.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
I'm getting emails almost daily for the extra strips, nothing that they push harder, they must make a killing on them.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Renewed for two and bought the strips available for my seats.  Yikes.  I'm a sucker, and the all-star game jersey and ring kind of made me chase the price lock.  I figure I can always fill 2019 with outside my group if I have to.  Scary for me.

Looks like the seats in 208 are $68 for the few years.  Truth is, I expect to possibly retire during 2021, so I'm OK with having $68 be the cost potentially through 2020.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Truth is, I expect to possibly retire during 2021...

:clap:

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
I'm getting emails almost daily for the extra strips, nothing that they push harder, they must make a killing on them.

They are so expensive for seats that aren’t very good. They are hyping this as an exclusive benefit but that’s a joke. I’m annoyed that I’m getting multiple emails a weeks about them.

Offline Make_lemons

Has any specifically asked their rep if the Nats plan to wait to ship the playoff strips until 2 days before the series starts like they did last year??

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Choice of Law, Arbitration & Class Action Waiver
These terms and conditions shall be governed by the internal laws of the District of Columbia, without regard to its conflicts of laws, rules or policies. Any controversy, dispute or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way related to these terms and conditions shall be finally decided at the request of any party by final and binding individual arbitration, administered by and in accordance with the Rules and Procedures of the American Arbitration Association. The place of arbitration shall be Washington, D.C. and District of Columbia Law shall apply. The parties expressly waive any right to a court or jury trial or to participate in a class action, representative action, class arbitration or any similar proceeding. The arbitrators may not consolidate the claims of multiple parties. The parties agree that they will faithfully observe these terms and conditions and will abide by and perform any award of the arbitrator, and that a judgement of any court having jurisdiction may be entered on the award. The prevailing party in any arbitration or subsequent action to enforce arbitration, including but not limited to, any collection proceedings, shall be entitled to recover its reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, and pre and post judgment interest. The parties agree that the arbitration procedure will be confidential and all conduct, statements, promises, offers, views, and opinions, oral or written, made during the arbitration by any party or a party’s agent, employee or attorney shall remain confidential. These arbitration provisions shall survive the termination of this Agreement.