Who should play CF?

Michael Taylor
13 (38.2%)
Brian Goodwin
9 (26.5%)
Platoon: Goodwin against RHP, Taylor against LHP
12 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Michael Taylor or Brian Goodwin?  (Read 5758 times)

Offline dshawg77

Re: Michael Taylor or Brian Goodwin?
« Reply #50: June 25, 2017, 03:23:03 PM »
Everytime I see Taylor hit a bomb I think of this thread but Goodwin has had a few real nice games too.

Still love me some Taylor. He seems to have turned the corner, fingers crossed.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #51: June 25, 2017, 03:26:13 PM »
I mean, at this point I should probably add the option to play them both and use Werth as a bench bat :lol:

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #52: June 25, 2017, 03:30:42 PM »
I mean, at this point I should probably add the option to play them both and use Werth as a bench bat :lol:

That's the right answer...

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #53: June 25, 2017, 04:49:33 PM »
And Raburn has the highest BA of all of them. Not nearly so many runs or RBIs, but he's no slouch at the plate.

Everytime I see Taylor hit a bomb I think of this thread but Goodwin has had a few real nice games too.

Still love me some Taylor. He seems to have turned the corner, fingers crossed.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #54: June 25, 2017, 06:14:05 PM »
And Raburn has the highest BA of all of them. Not nearly so many runs or RBIs, but he's no slouch at the plate.

Agreed...he was a great pickup...

Offline More of #34

« Reply #55: June 25, 2017, 06:20:06 PM »
Take out Harp and play both of them.

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha! :idiot:

Offline dshawg77

« Reply #56: June 25, 2017, 08:41:16 PM »
Agreed...he was a great pickup...

He's a platoon guy though. How old is he? Isn't he like 34-35?

Online Slateman

« Reply #57: June 25, 2017, 10:49:15 PM »
He's a platoon guy though. How old is he? Isn't he like 34-35?

He could replace Heisey

Online aspenbubba

« Reply #58: June 26, 2017, 06:16:18 AM »
He could replace Heisey
I believe he will also

Online Slateman

« Reply #59: June 26, 2017, 07:17:30 AM »
I believe he will also

I just don't see Rizzo and Dusty benching Werth.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #60: June 26, 2017, 08:36:50 AM »
I just don't see Rizzo and Dusty benching Werth.

No, but I could see them "easing him back in," giving him two days off a week, maybe using Goodwin as a defensive replacement after pinch hitting.

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #61: June 26, 2017, 09:10:17 AM »
I'm torn between the two I like both, but admittedly haven't seen much of Goodwin to make a definite decision. Dusty will probably go with Taylor as the go-to guy, but give Goodwin play once or twice a week. Knowing Dusty though it will probably depend on the situations.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62: June 26, 2017, 09:17:19 AM »
Don't we think that Taylor is the better fielder?

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #63: June 26, 2017, 09:36:52 AM »
Werth ain't sitting when he gets back. These guys are auditioning for their roles next year or perhaps for other teams as the trade market develops.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #64: June 26, 2017, 10:12:42 AM »
Auditioning for trade requires that you be seen, which is part of why I think Goodwin gets playing time from the bench while Werth gets back to form.

Werth ain't sitting when he gets back. These guys are auditioning for their roles next year or perhaps for other teams as the trade market develops.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #65: June 26, 2017, 10:21:07 AM »
Auditioning for trade requires that you be seen, which is part of why I think Goodwin gets playing time from the bench while Werth gets back to form.

Well, he's been seen quite a bit lately, so I don't think that's gonna be too much of an issue.

Dusty plays his bench, he'll get playing time. But when Werth gets back, he'll return the being the primary LF.

Online Slateman

« Reply #66: June 26, 2017, 01:04:40 PM »
Well, he's been seen quite a bit lately, so I don't think that's gonna be too much of an issue.

Dusty plays his bench, he'll get playing time. But when Werth gets back, he'll return the being the primary LF.
I'm wondering if Goodwin has shown enough at the MLB level to create trade value. Souza showed less (but had done more in the minors). Goodwin (or Taylor) might be enough to spring a decent closer.

Offline Optics

« Reply #67: June 26, 2017, 02:21:54 PM »
Goodwin is a little older so if I had to trade one between him and Taylor, it'd be him. But honestly I'd rather just keep them both. Let them fight for the starting LF spot next year, or maybe use one as part of a trade package in the winter for a SP to replace Ross or Roark. I'd hate to deal one just to rent a reliever.

Offline whytev

« Reply #68: June 26, 2017, 05:30:12 PM »
He could replace Heisey

Werth replaces Heisey. Raburn DFA and hopefully makes it to AAA unclaimed.

Offline whytev

« Reply #69: June 26, 2017, 05:31:49 PM »
No, but I could see them "easing him back in," giving him two days off a week, maybe using Goodwin as a defensive replacement after pinch hitting.

Werth, Goodwin, and Taylor will likely be playing 2 games of every 3 game series for a while. Lots of defensive replacement, and some double switches to get more out of relievers. One day a week off for Bryce.

Offline whytev

« Reply #70: June 26, 2017, 05:33:28 PM »
I'm wondering if Goodwin has shown enough at the MLB level to create trade value. Souza showed less (but had done more in the minors). Goodwin (or Taylor) might be enough to spring a decent closer.

I like it but it's high risk for this year. An injury to the remaining one and you're either playing Difo out there, or rushing Stevenson. I like having both of them for now.

Online aspenbubba

« Reply #71: June 26, 2017, 06:14:33 PM »
Werth replaces Heisey. Raburn DFA and hopefully makes it to AAA unclaimed.
Heisey is on the DL with no reports of him going to rehab anytime soon. He will be DFA if Raburn continues to hit and play as he has. Heisey was horrid before he got hurt. As a matter of fact I had a similar injury and I recovered in less than a month.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #72: June 26, 2017, 06:26:40 PM »

An interesting thought - hadn't considered this. Maybe Taylor can be more than a toss-in to a deal. I'd rather hang on to Goodwin (walks more), but either could help get us a closer considering we want to keep our top prospects.

Offline whytev

« Reply #73: June 26, 2017, 06:53:24 PM »
An interesting thought - hadn't considered this. Maybe Taylor can be more than a toss-in to a deal. I'd rather hang on to Goodwin (walks more), but either could help get us a closer considering we want to keep our top prospects.

I'm scared Taylor is a mirage. If Rizzo flips him for how good he is now, it's fair if he stays good and incredible if he regresses.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #74: June 26, 2017, 07:17:09 PM »
Taylor and Goodwin both are probably now considered by many teams to be major league talent.  They are both probably at the height of their value.  Trade then both, keep the prospects.