Author Topic: Brian Goodwin as 4th OF?  (Read 613 times)

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

Brian Goodwin as 4th OF?
« Topic Start: June 03, 2017, 12:50:28 AM »
I rather have him even when/if Heisey can return.  Heisey hits it hard and had some hard luck this year, but Goodwin is younger and plays all 3 OF positions.  As a LH bat, he's perfect give Taylor or Werth a breather against the tougher rightes maybe once a week.  It's nice to see a guy who has been homegrown and a "prospect" for years become a useful piece on a great team.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: Brian Goodwin as 4th OF?
« Reply #1: June 03, 2017, 01:17:56 AM »
Goodwin seems to perform best when he gets regular playing time.

Offline aBaltoNat

« Reply #2: June 03, 2017, 01:35:45 AM »
I'm good with this. Dusty won't be.

Offline whytev

« Reply #3: June 03, 2017, 02:17:48 AM »
I rather have him even when/if Heisey can return.  Heisey hits it hard and had some hard luck this year, but Goodwin is younger and plays all 3 OF positions.  As a LH bat, he's perfect give Taylor or Werth a breather against the tougher rightes maybe once a week.  It's nice to see a guy who has been homegrown and a "prospect" for years become a useful piece on a great team.

Then we have no righties off the bench. Better to get him right.

With Drew back, you could see Difo go down and Goodwin stay up if Goodwin keeps doing what he's doing.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #4: June 03, 2017, 10:10:10 AM »
I want to like Brian Goodwin.

Offline Optics

« Reply #5: June 03, 2017, 10:37:28 AM »
I like him better then Heisey and his speed and defense give him more value, especially in October.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #6: June 03, 2017, 11:13:59 AM »
With Drew back, I think the question will be Goodwin vs. Difo more than Goodwin vs. Heisey. Heisey is a righty and Baker has relied upon him as a versatile bench piece for years.

Offensively Chris Heisey has a good resume as a pinch hitter even if he started the year slow. As a righty, he matches well with Drew and Lind to give Dusty options late in the game off the bench.

Defensively, Taylor plays every day in CF and Heisey is capable in a pinch due to in game injury. He is more he than adequate to fill in for Werth's days off.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7: June 03, 2017, 11:16:27 AM »
He's batter over .500 the last two games. Maybe he will Wally Pipp Bryce Harper..

Offline whytev

« Reply #8: June 03, 2017, 02:16:54 PM »
With Drew back, I think the question will be Goodwin vs. Difo more than Goodwin vs. Heisey. Heisey is a righty and Baker has relied upon him as a versatile bench piece for years.

Offensively Chris Heisey has a good resume as a pinch hitter even if he started the year slow. As a righty, he matches well with Drew and Lind to give Dusty options late in the game off the bench.

Defensively, Taylor plays every day in CF and Heisey is capable in a pinch due to in game injury. He is more he than adequate to fill in for Werth's days off.

I 100% blame his hitting struggles on the injury, but with the mysterious cancellation of the rehab stint, I have a bad feeling we might be looking at a lost Nate McLouth/Reed Johnson season here.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #9: June 03, 2017, 02:30:32 PM »

And Lind can, apparently play LF.