Author Topic: All-Star Balloting  (Read 10423 times)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Re: All-Star Balloting
« Reply #25: June 01, 2017, 02:05:53 PM »
I'm happy for him that he got to do that. The fan that taunted him all night should be fired. Mr. Met should be promoted. Maybe to the medical staff.

It's amazing how inoffensive that gesture is when you're wearing a giant smiling head :lol:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #26: June 01, 2017, 02:30:12 PM »
I don't get why people are allowed to vote so many times. It just artificially inflates the #s.

It's an American tradition.     Vote early.    Vote often.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #27: June 01, 2017, 02:49:45 PM »
Or when it's directed at a Mets fan. Totally understandable.

It's amazing how inoffensive that gesture is when you're wearing a giant smiling head :lol:

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #28: June 01, 2017, 04:18:21 PM »
This is the first year I really voted and gave it some thought rather than a cursory "homer" effort. How can you not vote for Zim, Harp, Murph, Rendon and possibly Turner as starters ? It would have been interesting to see how Eatons season progressed. Scherzer and Strasburg have to be selected by Maddon for prominent roles.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #29: June 01, 2017, 04:36:02 PM »
This is the first year I really voted and gave it some thought rather than a cursory "homer" effort. How can you not vote for Zim, Harp, Murph, Rendon and possibly Turner as starters ? It would have been interesting to see how Eatons season progressed. Scherzer and Strasburg have to be selected by Maddon for prominent roles.

I'm with ya.    I don't think I've ever voted (and wasn't goin' to this year either) electronically.   I've always done the ballot at the stadium.    I tried not to be a homer but they're (Nats) the only ones I know.     Plus, I simply can't vote for a Barve.     IMHO  Turner and Rendon don't meet the standard where I believe Wieters does.     We have a great crew.

Offline awbb

« Reply #30: June 02, 2017, 04:35:24 AM »
I'm with ya.    I don't think I've ever voted (and wasn't goin' to this year either) electronically.   I've always done the ballot at the stadium.    I tried not to be a homer but they're (Nats) the only ones I know.     Plus, I simply can't vote for a Barve.     IMHO  Turner and Rendon don't meet the standard where I believe Wieters does.     We have a great crew.

I agree re: Trea and Rendon, but 3B should be wide open and not the coronation for Kris Bryant this it is currently looking like.

If not being a homer, I'd struggle to justify a vote for Wieters ahead of Posey to be honest. I am clearly NANF.  :(

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #31: June 02, 2017, 06:53:05 AM »
     IMHO  Turner and Rendon don't meet the standard where I believe Wieters does.     
I thought Turner was a stretch over Cozart, Owings, Seager and I clearly missed Justin Turner at 3B though Rendon is holding his own over Arenado, Bryant Gyorko Prado and Shaw.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #32: June 02, 2017, 08:31:30 AM »
I thought Turner was a stretch over Cozart, Owings, Seager and I clearly missed Justin Turner at 3B though Rendon is holding his own over Arenado, Bryant Gyorko Prado and Shaw.

I like Rendon and Turner.    I just can't bring myself to vote for 'em as an All-Star on their own merit   ...   not based on who they're up against on the ballot.    It's an old guy thing.     We can be stubborn.    We ain't talkin' Eddie Matthews and/or Dick Groat.     :)

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #33: June 02, 2017, 09:47:54 AM »
I like Rendon and Turner.    I just can't bring myself to vote for 'em as an All-Star on their own merit   ...   not based on who they're up against on the ballot.    It's an old guy thing.     We can be stubborn.    We ain't talkin' Eddie Matthews and/or Dick Groat.     :)
After a slow start Rendon is putting together good numbers. Seems to early to vote. When does it end?

Offline mitlen

« Reply #34: June 02, 2017, 09:51:42 AM »
After a slow start Rendon is putting together good numbers. Seems to early to vote. When does it end?

June 29.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35: June 02, 2017, 09:55:46 AM »

Somebody's gotta be on the team. Might as well be somebody you like. Isn't the whole point of an All-Star is excellence as compared to your peers?
I'm genuinely curious (not trying to be a jerk) what standard you're using if it's not comparing to the other guys on the ballot.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #36: June 02, 2017, 10:00:47 AM »
I don't get why people are allowed to vote so many times. It just artificially inflates the #s.

It looks like more people care that way

Offline mitlen

« Reply #37: June 02, 2017, 10:01:06 AM »
Somebody's gotta be on the team. Might as well be somebody you like. Isn't the whole point of an All-Star is excellence as compared to your peers?
I'm genuinely curious (not trying to be a jerk) what standard you're using if it's not comparing to the other guys on the ballot.

I don't take it personally on here (most of the time) so it's all good.    (It's one of the reasons I stay out of Uncensored.   :))    When I do, I just don't respond.     I usually use the eyeball, mitlen gut criteria.    Peers be damned.    :)      I agree with Natsinpwc in as much as I'm willing to give him a little more time.    He had a somewhat slow start but he'll get consideration in a week or two.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #38: June 02, 2017, 11:00:15 AM »
I actually used to like thinking and arguing over who was the best at each position. I may have had a homer bias, but I'd try to figure out how good some guy on the Angels was v. the Tigers guy and things like that. 

As for Rendon, he'd be hard to justify over Bryant and Arenado.  He has a case over Shaw based on current performance and doing it for a more sustained period. 

Turner?  I just don't see it.  He's undershooting what was expected and just having a so-so year.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #39: June 02, 2017, 11:05:52 AM »
Rendon's numbers are improving and he seems to be getting into a summer groove but what if we did the same thing with his numbers that some people want to do for their favorite players by taking out a bad start (or even a bad inning) and take out his game against the mets? He would probably drop out of the top 5 in the NL for 3B in every category (with the possible exception of OBP). :stir: :twisted:

Online nats2playoffs

« Reply #40: June 04, 2017, 08:18:15 PM »
The All Star Ballot is HERE:
https://www.mlb.com/all-star/ballot

Voting ends at 11:59 PM ET on Thursday, June 29, 2017.

Ryan Zimmerman 1B
Daniel Murphy 2B
To get home field advantage in the World Series, your AL Ballot should include:
Danny Espinosa, Los Angeles Angels at DannyLand
Trea Turner SS
Anthony Rendon 3B
Matt Wieters C
Bryce Harper, OF & Fighter
Jayson Werth OF
Write-in for Michael A. Taylor (This did not work using my very old Firefox version.)

MLB.com only allows 5 votes with the same email address within 24 hours.

So if you vote at 8:25 pm, you have to wait until that time tomorrow night.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41: June 05, 2017, 02:05:59 PM »
http://m.mlb.com/news/article/234502372/ryan-zimmerman-rises-in-all-star-vote-update/

Zimm now in 1st place among 1st basemen. Keep Voting for Zimm!!

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42: June 12, 2017, 02:13:04 PM »
Latest update: Zimm widens his lead a bit. Murphy and Harper Lead by a lot. Harper leads all vote getters.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/235916380/national-league-all-star-voting-update/

Online nats2playoffs

« Reply #43: June 22, 2017, 03:44:59 PM »

Voting ends at 11:59 PM ET on Thursday, June 29, 2017:ballbat:  :panic:

Ryan Zimmerman 1B
Daniel Murphy 2B
Your AL Ballot should include:
Trea Turner SS
Anthony Rendon 3B
Matt Wieters C
Jayson Werth OF
Write-in for Michael A. Taylor (This did not work using my very old Firefox version.)

In the NL, Bryce Harper still has the largest number of votes for any position.

Offline dshawg77

« Reply #44: June 24, 2017, 05:34:32 PM »
Thx for the reminder! Keep
Voting folks!

I didn't vote for Eaton obviously:)

Online nats2playoffs

« Reply #45: June 28, 2017, 12:04:02 PM »

Voting ends at 11:59 PM ET on Thursday, June 29, 2017:ballbat:  :panic:

Ryan Zimmerman 1B
Daniel Murphy 2B
Your AL Ballot should include:
Trea Turner SS
Anthony Rendon 3B
Matt Wieters C
Jayson Werth OF

You can submit a Write-in for Michael Taylor by clicking on the name area, the start typing, Taylor, Michael and it will appear with WSH as the team; you can click on it without typing the whole thing.

In the NL, Bryce Harper still has the largest number of votes for any position.

Cubs' Anthony Rizzo is closing in on Ryan Zimmerman, 127,352 votes ahead.

FINAL UPDATE Cast your votes by Thurs June 29th:

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #46: June 28, 2017, 04:30:09 PM »
Writing in Michael A. Taylor works in Chrome. It has that auto-fill stuff so you just have to type either Michael, or Taylor and it gives a short drop-down menu. Sadly since you have to write in Taylor for Eaton they don't allow a second write-in for Goodwin or Raburn.

Offline 3bside

« Reply #47: June 29, 2017, 09:54:09 AM »
Max should get the start.  He's better than Kershaw in all categories except win-loss, and Kershaw's last start would be Sunday before the ASG.  Max's last start should be Friday.  If Zim holds on, we should have 4 starters.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #48: June 29, 2017, 10:10:53 AM »
Max should get the start.  He's better than Kershaw in all categories except win-loss, and Kershaw's last start would be Sunday before the ASG.  Max's last start should be Friday.  If Zim holds on, we should have 4 starters.

Max should take the ASB off, go float around the pool or enjoy some nice daiquiris or sleep straight through it. I get that it's an honor and all but that guy needs a vacation.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #49: June 29, 2017, 12:30:35 PM »
Max should take the ASB off, go float around the pool or enjoy some nice daiquiris or sleep straight through it. I get that it's an honor and all but that guy needs a vacation.

Exactly. Extra-curricular pitching doesn't get you much, except a chance to get injured, or off-schedule.

(And Roark should never do the WBC again.)