Author Topic: All-Star Balloting  (Read 10410 times)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
All-Star Balloting
« Topic Start: May 30, 2017, 01:29:16 PM »
http://mlb.com/r/article?ymd=20170530&content_id=233284850&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

First update from MLB. Harper leads all NL vote getters. Murphy leads among second basemen. Zimmerman second to Rizzo at first base.

And apparently Cubs fans vote a LOT

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: All-Star Balloting
« Reply #1: May 30, 2017, 01:35:25 PM »
Gotta think Harper and Murphy are locks.  Zimmerman has a good chance of being manager's selections.  On the pitching side Scherzer and Strasburg have to be locks as well.

Nice to see Nats in the top 5 at every position.

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #2: May 30, 2017, 03:22:13 PM »
It's cool that the Nationals now routinely do well in these elections. I remember 10-15 years ago it was dominated by a handful of teams with very large fanbases: Yankees and Cubs at every position.

Offline Optics

« Reply #3: May 30, 2017, 04:20:34 PM »
It's cool that the Nationals now routinely do well in these elections. I remember 10-15 years ago it was dominated by a handful of teams with very large fanbases: Yankees and Cubs at every position.

What's great is that we have guys that actually deserve to get in on merit now instead of the token every team gets an All Star non sense.

Harps, Murph, Zimm, Stras and Scherz should all be All-Stars. Maybe Rendon continues his hot hitting into June and makes a late push.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4: May 30, 2017, 10:33:49 PM »
Does Gio have a chance?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #5: May 30, 2017, 10:52:41 PM »
Does Gio have a chance?

I'm gonna have to go out and vote tomorrow.    I want Hawpah, Murphy and a player to be named later  ....   maybe Zim.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #6: May 31, 2017, 01:35:28 AM »
Does Gio have a chance?
Pitchers are not on ballots. Cubs manager (World Series 2016) will choose the 2017 NL All Star pitchers and bench position players.

:popcorn:

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7: May 31, 2017, 07:09:52 AM »
I know. But since folks speculated on Scherzer and Strasburg, I figured I'd ask if Gio has a chance to make the team.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #8: May 31, 2017, 07:17:16 AM »
I know. But since folks speculated on Scherzer and Strasburg, I figured I'd ask if Gio has a chance to make the team.

Only if the manager is looking for a 2bb, 25 pitch, no ER inning. :)

Offline mitlen

« Reply #9: May 31, 2017, 07:40:16 AM »
http://mlb.com/r/article?ymd=20170530&content_id=233284850&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

First update from MLB. Harper leads all NL vote getters. Murphy leads among second basemen. Zimmerman second to Rizzo at first base.

And apparently Cubs fans vote a LOT

I had my vote picked and then  ...  they wanted spam info.     Nope.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #10: May 31, 2017, 11:25:45 AM »
I had my vote picked and then  ...  they wanted spam info.     Nope.
Just use a fake name and fake email address. That is what how it is done in Chicago, NY, and KC. nats2playoffs@mitlen.com worked for me.

Then UNCLICK the boxes for "I would like to receive the MLB.com Newsletter, and other newsletters and promotions from my favorite Club, MLB.com and their partners," and "Please send me future Esurance promotions (in accordance with its Privacy Policy)."

The All Star Ballot is HERE:
https://www.mlb.com/all-star/ballot

Voting ends at 11:59 PM ET on Thursday, June 29, 2017.

Ryan Zimmerman 1B
Daniel Murphy 2B
To get home field advantage in the World Series, your AL Ballot should include:
Danny Espinosa, Los Angeles Angels at DannyLand
Trea Turner SS
Anthony Rendon 3B
Matt Wieters C
Bryce Harper, OF & Fighter
Jayson Werth OF
Write-in for Michael A. Taylor (This did not work using my very old Firefox version.)

Rinse and repeat 35 times.
EDIT: MLB.com only allows 5 votes with the same email address within 24 hours.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11: May 31, 2017, 11:48:25 AM »
The Espinoza thing is great. But home field isn't determined by ASG, anymore, correct?

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #12: May 31, 2017, 12:54:28 PM »
The Espinoza thing is great. But home field isn't determined by ASG, anymore, correct?
You are correct. Dec 1, 2016 - MLB's new collective bargaining agreement will end the link between the results of the league's All-Star Game and home field advantage in the World Series. The All Stars will now play for a pool of money.
 :$$$:
Home field advantage in the World Series now goes to the team with the better regular season Won-Loss record.

Vote for Danny Espinosa to make the AL All Star team anyway.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #13: May 31, 2017, 12:55:04 PM »
Just use a fake name and fake email address. That is what how it is done in Chicago, NY, and KC. nats2playoffs@mitlen.com worked for me.

Then UNCLICK the boxes for "I would like to receive the MLB.com Newsletter, and other newsletters and promotions from my favorite Club, MLB.com and their partners," and "Please send me future Esurance promotions (in accordance with its Privacy Policy)."

(Image removed from quote.) Ryan Zimmerman 1B
(Image removed from quote.) Daniel Murphy 2B
To get home field advantage in the World Series, your AL Ballot should include:
(Image removed from quote.) Danny Espinosa, Los Angeles Angels at DannyLand
(Image removed from quote.) Trea Turner SS
(Image removed from quote.) Anthony Rendon 3B
(Image removed from quote.) Matt Wieters C
(Image removed from quote.) Bryce Harper, OF & Fighter
(Image removed from quote.) Jayson Werth OF
Write-in for Michael A. Taylor (This did not work using my very old Firefox version.)

Rinse and repeat 35 times.

It's more convoluted than voting in real elections.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #14: May 31, 2017, 01:02:35 PM »
It's more convoluted than voting in real elections.
You only have to UNCLICK the spam email boxes the first time. After you Submit your vote, MLB.com immediately displays a page to let you vote another time with the same choices. You only have to enter the 5 numbers shown on Type the Numbers box, to prove that you are human, and not a computer program. You can submit the same ballot 35 times.
EDIT: MLB.com only allows 5 votes with the same email address within 24 hours.

Ryan Zimmerman 1B

Offline mitlen

« Reply #15: May 31, 2017, 01:15:07 PM »
You only have to UNCLICK the spam email boxes the first time. After you Submit your vote, MLB.com immediately displays a page to let you vote another time with the same choices. You only have to enter the 5 numbers shown on Type the Numbers box, to prove that you are human, and not a computer program. You can submit the same ballot 35 times.

I kept getting the 5 number prompt after entering them.    Just doesn't mean that much to me.   

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #16: May 31, 2017, 01:23:10 PM »

In 2005, the first time they had a final man vote, it was won by Scott Podsednik of the White Sox. I brought a sign to a Sox game during the campaign saying "My grandpa died in 1991 but he voted for Podsednik 25 times". The local media caught the sign and I appeared on the evening news. Nothing about the sign was untrue and my grandpa still votes occasionally. He's never been caught or taken off the rolls...

Offline HTTRNATSWIZCAPS

« Reply #17: June 01, 2017, 09:56:00 AM »
Can we all do our part and make sure Mr. National aka Ryan Zimmerman gets to his second all star. I have spread the word to my family and friends now I'm trying to reach out on a bigger scale. Let's make this happen for our guy!

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #18: June 01, 2017, 10:48:23 AM »
I kept getting the 5 number prompt after entering them.    Just doesn't mean that much to me.   
Those 5 numbers allow you to post the same vote another time, up to 5 per day and up to 35 per email address or (or IP address?).

If you only vote once or twice you are falling behind fans from other teams. Chicago is the 3rd largest city in the USA, so it takes a lot of work to keep up with them and fans of other teams.

You only have to UNCLICK the spam email boxes the first time. After you Submit your vote, MLB.com immediately displays a page to let you vote another time with the same choices. You only have to enter the 5 numbers shown on Type the Numbers box, to prove that you are human, and not a computer program. You can submit the same ballot 35 times. MLB.com only allows 5 votes with the same email address within 24 hours.

Ryan Zimmerman 1B

Offline mitlen

« Reply #19: June 01, 2017, 11:59:20 AM »
Those 5 numbers allow you to post the same vote another time, up to 5 per day and up to 35 per email address or (or IP address?).

If you only vote once or twice you are falling behind fans from other teams. Chicago is the 3rd largest city in the USA, so it takes a lot of work to keep up with them and fans of other teams.

You only have to UNCLICK the spam email boxes the first time. After you Submit your vote, MLB.com immediately displays a page to let you vote another time with the same choices. You only have to enter the 5 numbers shown on Type the Numbers box, to prove that you are human, and not a computer program. You can submit the same ballot 35 times. MLB.com only allows 5 votes with the same email address within 24 hours.

Well then hell, I voted.    :)     Hawpah, Murphy, Zimmerman and Wieters.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #20: June 01, 2017, 12:23:20 PM »
I suggest we all use "Mr.Met@MetsSuck.com."

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #21: June 01, 2017, 12:27:06 PM »

Offline mitlen

« Reply #22: June 01, 2017, 12:33:06 PM »

:clap:    Well played sir.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #23: June 01, 2017, 12:44:25 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I'm happy for him that he got to do that. The fan that taunted him all night should be fired. Mr. Met should be promoted. Maybe to the medical staff.

Offline Optics

« Reply #24: June 01, 2017, 01:48:17 PM »
I don't get why people are allowed to vote so many times. It just artificially inflates the #s.