Poll

Have you become apathetic towards the regular season?

Yes
15 (31.9%)
No
32 (68.1%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: Apathetically awaiting the post season?  (Read 11809 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: Apathetically awaiting the post season?
« Reply #25: May 22, 2017, 10:36:05 PM »
Thanks...we got a late start...  ;)

We hit 20 this year, best move I ever made, she still hasn't figured out she could have done better. :)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #26: May 22, 2017, 10:56:30 PM »
Thanks...we got a late start...  ;)

Late starts are the best kind.    Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriste you must be old.    You got more years than me.     :)

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #27: May 22, 2017, 11:03:33 PM »
...she still hasn't figured out she could have done better. :)

Trust me...she knows...they all know...  ;)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28: May 22, 2017, 11:14:09 PM »
Late starts are the best kind.    Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriste you must be old.    You got more years than me.     :)

I'm just curious. What is the average age on here. I'm feeling like I'm a relative youngster. And I'm in my late 30's...  I don't mean to pry. Just curious.

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #29: May 22, 2017, 11:21:25 PM »
No. The Nats actually win in the regular season, which makes it fun compared to the playoffs.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #30: May 22, 2017, 11:22:45 PM »
I'm just curious. What is the average age on here. I'm feeling like I'm a relative youngster. And I'm in my late 30's...  I don't mean to pry. Just curious.

You are probably around the average age.  Old guys like mitlen tip the scale quite a bit...he tried to tell Moses that he would only need one tablet if he used a smaller font...

Offline mitlen

« Reply #31: May 22, 2017, 11:42:22 PM »

From where I sit  ....  you're young.     :)

Offline imref

« Reply #32: May 22, 2017, 11:55:26 PM »
You are probably around the average age.  Old guys like mitlen tip the scale quite a bit...he tried to tell Moses that he would only need one tablet if he used a smaller font...

I thought there was an age poll a while ago. Might be time to refresh. 

Offline imref

« Reply #33: May 22, 2017, 11:55:51 PM »
From where I sit  ....  you're young.     :)

You forgot to tell him to get off your lawn :)

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #34: May 23, 2017, 12:01:12 AM »
You forgot to tell him to get off your lawn :)

It's implied...

Offline Truconfidence

« Reply #35: May 23, 2017, 12:23:44 AM »
I honestly hope I never get this way. I really like watching baseball. The game itself gives me joy. The championship or bust attitude really strips the joy out of the journey, even if they do end up winning it all. Makes it seem like a job. I'll leave that to Rizzo.
This. Especially baseball. It is such a long grind I dont see how you can have it in this sport. But seeing the answers of others in the opposite explains why people are so panicked all the time.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #36: May 23, 2017, 12:50:16 AM »

Some of us are super young  8) ...to be Memaws :oldy: :lol:

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #37: May 23, 2017, 05:25:39 AM »
I don't know about average - you are probably close to the median age of WNFF members

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #38: May 23, 2017, 05:58:44 AM »
I don't know about average - you are probably close to the median age of WNFF members
Mental or actual age?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #39: May 23, 2017, 08:11:03 AM »
When we did the poll, it ended up that the two big groups were under 24 and something like 45+.  We were going to use the slogan "WNFF - Where 18-24 year olds can meet mature 45 - 60 year old men" but this was around the time folks were nervous about the FBI watching the board.

Offline imref

« Reply #40: May 23, 2017, 08:38:22 AM »
When we did the poll, it ended up that the two big groups were under 24 and something like 45+.  We were going to use the slogan "WNFF - Where 18-24 year olds can meet mature 45 - 60 year old men" but this was around the time folks were nervous about the FBI watching the board.

:hysterical:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #41: May 23, 2017, 08:57:50 AM »

We should start another poll.    FBI's probably busy doin' other things now.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #42: May 23, 2017, 09:14:16 AM »
We should start another poll.    FBI's probably busy doin' other things now.
:PUTIN!:

Offline Truconfidence

« Reply #43: May 23, 2017, 10:25:58 AM »
:hysterical:  :rofl:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #44: May 25, 2017, 08:24:51 AM »
I honestly hope I never get this way. I really like watching baseball. The game itself gives me joy. The championship or bust attitude really strips the joy out of the journey, even if they do end up winning it all. Makes it seem like a job. I'll leave that to Rizzo.

It's not that I don't like watching baseball, I just don't hang on every game like I used to.  A lot of that is life being busier, but it's also a little bit of what Slate said.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #45: May 25, 2017, 08:46:30 AM »
Yep, when the nats sucked bad, I didn't have kids. When 2012 rolled around they were young and happy to have baseball on in the background. Now, the kids are older and have activities and there is just more that needs to be done around the house, watching baseball three or four times a week is a non-starter

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #46: June 03, 2017, 11:21:05 AM »
There are Oakland A's fans having to watch Vogt and Lowrie hit in the middle of the lineup for 162 games, with half of them in the soon to be former home of the Raiders.

And some of you people complain about 90+ win seasons watching players like Bryce Harper and Max Scherzer night in and night out.

Have you no shame?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #47: June 03, 2017, 11:25:34 AM »
:idiot:

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #48: June 03, 2017, 11:58:06 AM »
There are Oakland A's fans having to watch Vogt and Lowrie hit in the middle of the lineup for 162 games, with half of them in the soon to be former home of the Raiders.

And some of you people complain about 90+ win seasons watching players like Bryce Harper and Max Scherzer night in and night out.

Have you no shame?

Ask Caps fans how they feel about watching Ovie and Backstrom night in and night out.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #49: June 03, 2017, 12:07:00 PM »

This. I will never take regular season success for granted. Hell, I'm just grateful for the opportunity and ability to follow the game I love whether the team is good, bad, or somewhere in between.