Author Topic: Tanner Roark Appreciation Thread (2016 version)  (Read 4052 times)

Offline welch

Last night stings, but we should remember that we were LUCKY to win game 2 when The Choker pitched like he always does in the playoffs.  Tanner should have started Game 2 and Game 5.  And if the offense showed up at all there wouldn't have been a game 5.

Agree.

Gio is, at best, the sort of number 5 starter who helps win in the regular season, but melts in the playoffs. The late-'70s Yankees had a lefty named Ed Figueroa who won all the easy games in the regular season, winning around 17 or even 20 games, but who never won a World Series game. Like Gio, but Figgy didn't have Gio's curve-ball.

Online varoadking

I wonder how Roark pitching in game 4 would have worked out.

It would have either saved me $300 in tickets and getting back to Richmond at 3:30 in the morning last night, or given us Strasburg in game 5.

Sounds like a win/win to me.

I didn't get back to the Fashionable West End until 4:25, though I did have to drop my SiL off at his house in Fairfax first...

Offline nfotiu

I didn't get back to the Fashionable West End until 4:25, though I did have to drop my SiL off at his house in Fairfax first...
I'm in Midlothian, so i guess I did pretty good time then.  It felt like it took an hour to get out of my parking spot in the Yards.

Online varoadking

I'm in Midlothian, so i guess I did pretty good time then.  It felt like it took an hour to get out of my parking spot in the Yards.

Thats where we were...Lot F.  Took us nearly an hour just to get to South Capitol...

Offline welch

Why did Roark not pitch Game 2 or Game 5 or at least replace Gio in the 2nd inning of Game 5?

Online imref

• 1B: The New Hot Corner
Why did Roark not pitch Game 2 or Game 5 or at least replace Gio in the 2nd inning of Game 5?

because Roark isn't a very good pitcher.

Offline Ray D

, we've got him at $12 million for 2018.
We're exactly where we were a year ago:  he's a solid #5; no better, no worse. Everyone seemed to agree on that a year ago and that a solid #5 is worth $12M.  Problem is, we need a #3 and a #4.

Edit: actually I've lost track who we're talking about.  I'm talking about Gio.