Author Topic: Where to find...  (Read 5887 times)

Offline _sturt_

• "Le Grande Orange"...Colt 45/Astro/Expo(Nat) Great
Re: Where to find...
« Reply #25: May 11, 2017, 02:11:38 PM »
I know folks who wouldn't even hear/read the second half of the comment.    They would immediately respond with an old Western Pennsylvania idiom that has "you" in it.*      :P

*  might have a finger point for emphasis

I hope this isn't a dumb analogy but it's mine and I wear it.     Driving to see my sister in the Pittsburgh area, I often take the turnpike for part of that trip.    For those who have drivin' on the PA Turnpike, you know what a white knuckle experience that can be.    I sometime find myself in the fast lane playing crazy "games" with trucks, snow, rain, night conditions, speedin'/in a hurry, etc.    I get "caught up in it".    Every once in a while, I come to my senses and think, "What the hell are you doin'?    This is nuts."     I like to think I can occasionally self censor myself on the WNFF Turnpike as well (VaRK calls it "ninja".)  ...   without "rules".     On those rare occasions I cross the boundary, the State Police (Chief, JCA, TT, etc.) pull me over and give me a ticket.       

Forgive me just this once...

You... :) ...do that.

Most of us do (ie, rein ourselves in) most of the time, I think.

But what happened that inspired this thread had everything to do with #5... and while that's not an offense that most here seem to have any problem with (in my experience anyhow), I'd hope the point is well-taken that it sure wouldn't hurt to have had that one to raise with the handful of certain posters who might just not have thought it through to realize that's a problem.

(From where I sit, the others #1-#4 also come up every now and then, though.)