Author Topic: Re-sign Dusty Thread  (Read 3005 times)

Offline dshawg77

Re: Re-sign Dusty Thread
« Reply #25: May 08, 2017, 05:10:06 PM »
I don't think so (about his walk-up music). It was The Best is Yet to Come, no?

yes, now but someone told me originally it was the former until someone said something..I could be wrong. That is just want someone told me.

He wants to be a Yankee.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #26: May 08, 2017, 05:11:15 PM »
I think it's entirely possible he retires if they win the World Series.

I think he'll stay with us till he gets a ring with us (so long as its in the next three years)

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #27: May 08, 2017, 05:20:07 PM »
yes, now but someone told me originally it was the former until someone said something..I could be wrong. That is just want someone told me.

He wants to be a Yankee.
I don't think he's ever used that music, at least while he's been a National.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #28: May 08, 2017, 05:21:14 PM »
It was The Best is Yet to Come, no?

yes.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #29: May 08, 2017, 06:29:28 PM »

He wants to be a Yankee.

He hates the AL. He says the pace of play sucks with the DH in the mix.

I don't remember Harp ever walking up to New York, New York. Always was The Best Is Yet To Come. The barves played NYNY when Murphy was walking up to bat, for like 3 games. It was weird because they didn't usually play visiting player walkup songs. Guess there was a message there for the former met?

Offline dshawg77

« Reply #30: May 09, 2017, 01:49:46 PM »
Everyone is probably right about the walk up song, I didn't believe they would allow that either-someone told me that. Thanks for clarifying.

We will see about Harper, but my guess is he goes where the $$$ is and that is probably NYC.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #31: May 09, 2017, 02:16:55 PM »
I don't remember Harp ever walking up to New York, New York. Always was The Best Is Yet To Come.

Just as bad.   One, the implication.  Two, anything Sinatra is connected to New York.

Offline dracnal

« Reply #32: May 09, 2017, 03:16:04 PM »
Just as bad.   One, the implication.  Two, anything Sinatra is connected to New York.

Sinatra also has pretty big Vegas ties and it's quite well established that Bryce likes the things that folks from Las Vegas typically like.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #33: May 09, 2017, 03:32:18 PM »
Matt Williams won the division and lost in the first round of the playoffs his first season as manager.  Then he fell apart in the middle of the second one and got deservedly canned.  Dusty hasn't even gotten to the midway point of season #2, so yhy don't we wait until Dusty does something the other guys haven't - get the team past the first round - before giving him an extension?

I don't think he's ever used that music, at least while he's been a National.

It was definitely The Best Is Yet to Come, as noted above.  Sinatra, but not the same song the Yankees use post-game.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #34: May 09, 2017, 03:48:52 PM »

Dunno, a lot of people took it to mean what we all thought was his breakout was just the beginning. Wasn't he using that in the start of last year? Or was it another year?

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #35: May 09, 2017, 03:57:35 PM »
Dunno, a lot of people took it to mean what we all thought was his breakout was just the beginning. Wasn't he using that in the start of last year? Or was it another year?

I think it was 2 years ago, the beginning of the MVP season, but could be wrong. 

Offline baldkid

« Reply #36: May 09, 2017, 04:00:36 PM »
The Nationals are a better organization because Dusty is the manager. He is truly one of the legends of the game from the 70's on, a true character and a fine manager. Seems like a no brainer to extend him, therefore Rizzo and the Lerners will employ Billy Gardner Junior as the manager in 2018 >:(

Offline dracnal

« Reply #37: May 09, 2017, 04:02:16 PM »
The Nationals are a better organization because Dusty is the manager. He is truly one of the legends of the game from the 70's on, a true character and a fine manager. Seems like a no brainer to extend him, therefore Rizzo and the Lerners will employ Billy Gardner Junior as the manager in 2018 >:(

Vega, did you change your sn?

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #38: May 09, 2017, 04:03:42 PM »
Vega, did you change your sn?

Yea what gives? Tomato is vega's color!

Offline _sturt_

• "Le Grande Orange"...Colt 45/Astro/Expo(Nat) Great
« Reply #39: May 09, 2017, 04:06:23 PM »
Matt Williams won the division and lost in the first round of the playoffs his first season as manager.  Then he fell apart in the middle of the second one and got deservedly canned.  Dusty hasn't even gotten to the midway point of season #2, so yhy don't we wait until Dusty does something the other guys haven't - get the team past the first round - before giving him an extension?

Lived near Cincy when Dusty was there, and though not a Reds fan (and in fact, the Reds were my chosen most-despised team, given their success as I was growing up), I listened to their flagship WLW and their sports talk shows regularly and came away with a very "meh" opinion at-best of him at the time.

These days, I'm more impressed. I feel comfortable based on what I've seen that he always has a plan and a back-up plan--never caught unprepared, and clearly has an absolute warehouse of a baseball database to reference in-between his ears, and instincts to go with it.

Extension? I'd wait, but there'd have to be an absolute collapse clearly attributable to things he coulda/shoulda done in order for me to not want him back. From where I sit, he just has naturally deserves a longer leash than a newbie manager from the git-go. So, I'd probably go ahead and start the negotiations behind closed doors, and just wait for that right moment in the season to announce it.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #40: May 09, 2017, 04:31:04 PM »
Sinatra also has pretty big Vegas ties and it's quite well established that Bryce likes the things that folks from Las Vegas typically like.
But Sinatra's ties are mob ties, one of the reasons I've always despised him, and Bryce should be smart enough to distance himself from that filth.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #41: May 09, 2017, 04:34:05 PM »
:wtf: 

people are reading this type of crap into walk up music? :hysterical:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #42: May 09, 2017, 04:39:17 PM »
:wtf: 

people are reading this type of crap into walk up music? :hysterical:

Slow day.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #43: May 09, 2017, 05:06:53 PM »
Slow day.

Man, I'm slow all the time.

Offline _sturt_

• "Le Grande Orange"...Colt 45/Astro/Expo(Nat) Great
« Reply #44: May 09, 2017, 05:16:38 PM »
I'm lost. My browser says "Re-sign Dusty Thread," but clearly there's a split in the time/space continuum going on here. Right? Is anyone else seeing this too?  :shock:

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #46: May 26, 2017, 04:13:37 PM »
Baker gone next several days. Chris Speier, as he's done numerous times in Cincinnati and Washington, is interim skipper through Sunday.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #47: May 26, 2017, 04:18:04 PM »
I knew Dusty's son was graduating but I didn't put it together that it was this little boy, man that seems a lifetime ago doesn't it?

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #48: May 26, 2017, 10:53:49 PM »
if we don't bring back Dusty, i'd be fine with Speier.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #49: May 27, 2017, 08:07:06 AM »
if we don't bring back Dusty, i'd be fine with Speier.

He was comical in the post game   ....  paraphrase  ....  "3 homeruns and Max pitching.    I didn't have to do anything."