Author Topic: VERIZON DSL SUCKS  (Read 3777 times)

nospinzone1

VERIZON DSL SUCKS
« Topic Start: May 14, 2007, 10:32:00 PM »
THEY HAD ME WITHOUT BEINGABLE TO CONNECT FOR 7 HOURS. EARLY IN THE AFTERNOON I CALLED THEM TWO DIFFERENT TIMES. EACH TIME I GOT TWO TECHIES WITH FOREIGN ACCENTS ; I HAD A HECK OF A TIME COMMUNICATNG WITH THEM AND THEY DID NOT HELP ANY ; FINALLY THIS EVEING I GOT A GOOD OL AMERICAN LADY THAT SOLVED MY PROBLEM. DONT WHY THEY KEEP OUTSOURCING TECH SUPPORT TO OTHER COUNTRIES.

crap HAPPENS.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Re: VERIZON DSL SUCKS
« Reply #1: May 14, 2007, 10:45:18 PM »
WHAT IF THEY OUTSOURCED TO CUBA AND ALL OF THEM SPOKE IN BROKEN ENGLISH...WOULD YOU STILL BE COMPLAINING?   :icon_mrgreen:

nospinzone1

« Reply #2: May 15, 2007, 12:00:16 AM »
WHAT IF THEY OUTSOURCED TO CUBA AND ALL OF THEM SPOKE IN BROKEN ENGLISH...WOULD YOU STILL BE COMPLAINING?   :icon_mrgreen:

DARNED RIGHT....I SPEAK SPANGLISH VERY WELL.....AND THEM THERE FELLOW BORN CITIZENS OF CUBER ONLY SPEAK RUSKYPANGLISH....TRESURY DEPARTMENT WOULD NOT ALLOW IT. CUBERS DO NOT SPIC GOOD ENGLISH. I DO, HE SAID WITH TONGUE IN CHEEK, AND I HAVE MANAGED TO KEEP MY ACCENT ALL THIS YEARS.

LOOK FOR THE UNION LABEL!
SRIOUSLY, NOW....THOSE PEOPLE IN THOSE COUNTRIES ARE VERY HARD TO UNDERSTAND...IN ORDER FOR ME TO FOLLOW THEM I HAVE TO TELL THEM THAT I HAVE DIMINISHING HEARING AND TO SPEAK SLOWLY. HAVENT YOU EVER USED A TECH SUPPORT WITH OUTSOURCE HELP?

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #3: May 15, 2007, 12:05:53 AM »
YES...I AGREE THAT MOST OF THE PEOPLE YOU CALL WHEN YOU NEED HELP DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH WELL ENOUGH...AND EVEN IF THEY DO, THEY ONLY KNOW WHAT IS ACCORDING TO THEIR TRAINING.  IF YOU DEVIATE AT ALL FROM THEIR LIST OF PROBLEMS, THEY HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO HELP YOU.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #4: May 15, 2007, 12:11:01 AM »
I HAVE VERIZON DSL HERE IN BALTIMORE AND ASIDE FROM AN OCCASIONAL FEW MINUTES OUTAGE, THEY HAVE BEEN VERY GOOD.  I THINK PROBLEMS WITH SERVICE PROVIDERS ARE USUALLY MORE OF A REGIONAL THING THAN THEY ARE NECESSARILY DEPENDENT ON THE SPECIFIC PROVIDER.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #5: May 15, 2007, 09:25:23 AM »
OUR PROBLEM W/ IT COMES IN WHEN WE INSTALLED A WIRELESS MODEM.  GETTING THEM TO BE ABLE TO RECTIFY PROBLEMS IS ANOTHER PROBLEM.  AND THEN EVERYONE WANTS TO BLAME THE OTHER, IT'S HP, IT'S MICROSOFT, IT'S VERIZON!  I HATE IT WHEN THEY PASS THE BUCK AND WON'T FIX THE FRICKIN PROBLEM!  THAT'S HOW THEY GET YOU TO BUY A NEW COMPUTER, JUST TO SAVE YOUR SANITY TO KEEP FROM DEALING W/ THE JERKS.  THEN IF THEY ARE ABLE TO HELP, THEY'LL CHARGE YOU BY THE MINUTE TO DO IT OVER THE PHONE, ESP. MICROSOFT - I HATE THEM AND THEIR STUPID MONOPOLY!

Offline saltydad

« Reply #6: May 15, 2007, 05:11:41 PM »
I had a few problems when I first went DSL, and Verizon service techs (in India) were very helpful. One told me that problem was probably with another program but was able to provide me with enough info to correct (she was right; it was another program). The accent is sometimes hard for me to understand, but I put that down to my own difficulties. I do wish I had gone for faster service then 768, but the wallet doesn't agree.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #7: May 15, 2007, 05:47:07 PM »
I'm just waiting for FIOS!

nospinzone1

« Reply #8: May 15, 2007, 06:34:17 PM »
WELL, WELL, THE THIRD PERSON, AN AMERICAN SOLVED THE PROBLEM. I DONT THINK SHE WAS IN INDIA....HOW COME THEN?

nospinzone1

« Reply #9: May 15, 2007, 11:19:03 PM »
I'm just waiting for FIOS!

pardon my ignorance in tecchy terms. What is a fio?

Offline saltydad

« Reply #10: May 16, 2007, 02:17:09 PM »
Verizon FIOS is their FIber Optic Service. This is much faster with a larger bandwidth. You have to wait until your residential area is available to be wired up. I keep getting solicitations as my area is ready; $35 monthly is the teaser price.

nospinzone1

« Reply #11: May 16, 2007, 03:42:03 PM »
Verizon FIOS is their FIber Optic Service. This is much faster with a larger bandwidth. You have to wait until your residential area is available to be wired up. I keep getting solicitations as my area is ready; $35 monthly is the teaser price.

35 FULAS FOR A RETIRED PERSON ON FIXED INCOME DOES NOT SOUND LIKE SOMETHING I NEED. THE SPEED I GOT NOW SEEMS OK FOR HALF THE PRICE.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #12: May 16, 2007, 04:04:14 PM »
It's not just your computer speed, it's also tv service.  It's fiberoptic tv instead of satellite or cable tv!  No dish on the roof, no comcast or cox or nothing!  So, I can get tv, internet and phone from one place!

nospinzone1

« Reply #13: May 16, 2007, 09:18:57 PM »
It's not just your computer speed, it's also tv service.  It's fiberoptic tv instead of satellite or cable tv!  No dish on the roof, no comcast or cox or nothing!  So, I can get tv, internet and phone from one place!

OH? THAT PIQUED MY INTEREST. HOW MUCH IS IT ALL THAT? IS IT VERIZON THAT OFFERS IT? IF IT WORKS AS MY DSL I DONT THINK I WANT TO GET INVOLVED....TODAY I LOST CONNECTION AGAIN. i LOVE HOW APOLOGETIC THOSE TECHY PEOPLE SOUND.  THEY DO NOT REALLY MEAN IT AND ALL THE DO IS PISS ME OFF MORE WHEN THEY TRY TO MAKE EXCUSES.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #14: May 16, 2007, 09:53:09 PM »
The "intro" price is $100 for TV, DSL and phone. But that will go up after intro period (1 year?). I'd do it if the wallet agreed, but I'm committed also to DISH for another 6 months on my contract.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #15: May 16, 2007, 10:10:30 PM »

OH? THAT PIQUED MY INTEREST. HOW MUCH IS IT ALL THAT? IS IT VERIZON THAT OFFERS IT? IF IT WORKS AS MY DSL I DONT THINK I WANT TO GET INVOLVED....TODAY I LOST CONNECTION AGAIN. i LOVE HOW APOLOGETIC THOSE TECHY PEOPLE SOUND.  THEY DO NOT REALLY MEAN IT AND ALL THE DO IS PISS ME OFF MORE WHEN THEY TRY TO MAKE EXCUSES.

I think the main cost for the tv part will be around $43.  That's cheaper than my directv for one tv and I don't have all the movie channels either, just Total Choice Plus.  I don't think it will work exactly like DSL as it will be fiberoptic and through the phone line I think.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.  BUT, we are having them come speak at our community assoc. mtg. next Thurs. night.  So, I can fill you in next week.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #16: May 16, 2007, 10:12:18 PM »
The "intro" price is $100 for TV, DSL and phone. But that will go up after intro period (1 year?). I'd do it if the wallet agreed, but I'm committed also to DISH for another 6 months on my contract.

Actually, that's a steal for me!  I have a $100 bill for phone and dsl right now and $60 for Directv.  DTV was $40 when we started out w/ it.  We added a tv set and over the years, the price has really crept up.  So, the $100 will be a wonderful cost saver for us!

nospinzone1

« Reply #17: May 17, 2007, 12:28:03 AM »
Actually, that's a steal for me!  I have a $100 bill for phone and dsl right now and $60 for Directv.  DTV was $40 when we started out w/ it.  We added a tv set and over the years, the price has really crept up.  So, the $100 will be a wonderful cost saver for us!

what about programming? have you compared wht you got now and what you are gettng?

Offline kimnat

« Reply #18: May 17, 2007, 12:35:40 AM »
what about programming? have you compared wht you got now and what you are gettng?

Yep!  Looks great!  Plus, I won't be tied to a specific time for a program.  Say it's 11 p.m. and my 4 yo wakes up w/ an upset tummy.  I would be able to take her downstairs and turn on the t.v. and click on PBS and a listing of shows will come up.  Say she wants to watch Dragon Tales (cute PBS cartoon), but normally it doesn't come on until say 7 a.m.  Well, I'll be able to select that show anyway, regardless of time of day (or night).  DTV sure doesn't have that as a basic option.  They have MASN and I think MASN 2, tons of music channels (although not XM Sat. channels as DTV has), all the news channels I need, plus the local gov't channel, which DTV doesn't carry at all.  I'm stoked for FIOS!

nospinzone1

« Reply #19: May 17, 2007, 06:21:06 PM »
YOU GOT A CONTACT PHONE NUMBER?

Offline kimnat

« Reply #20: May 17, 2007, 06:47:25 PM »
888-933-3331  between 8 a & 6 p

http://www22.verizon.com/Content/ConsumerFiOS/  Use this to plug in your phone number to see if it's avail if your area.

And this link will give you the latest construction information for your area.  I just did a search for Verizon Construction MD to find it.  This was the first item in the search

http://www22.verizon.com/about/community/md/broadband/construction_information.html

These are the locations where FIOS is being installed in MoCo between 5/1-31/07.  They update it every month.

Balsam Grove Ct
Bradley Blvd
Chevy Chase Dr
Cloister Dr
Gloxinia Dr
Linden Square Ct
Luxberry Ct
Manor Rd
Marinelli Rd
Mayfair Manor Dr
Montrose Park Place
Montrose Rd
Montrose Village Terrance
Needle Leaf Dr
Shagbark Ct
Shagbark Dr
Shore Harbour Dr
Tuckerman Ln
Village Park Dr
Village Park Pl
Waters Landing Dr
Wynnfield Dr

While I'm in Fairfax (and many parts of FFX are now getting it), we haven't yet.  We did just receive a letter from their Customer Advocacy Group (Dan's the pres. of our civic association) saying that they'd like to come speak to our community organization about upcoming installs in our neighborhood.  According to the lady I spoke to yesterday, she thinks we'll be getting it sometime in July or August.  They usually send out these letters to community groups several months in advance of the installation work.  The number for the Customer Advocacy Group is 888-250-9710 (8 a-4:30p).

Hope this helps.  And no, I don't work for Verizon.  But as Erica has so clearly stated "Comcast sucks".  And right now, Directv does too!  Cox is a bunch of leeches.  So, hopefully, this will be an excellent alternative.  They have a really unique Verizon store at Fair Oaks Mall where you can actually watch FIOS (and mess around w/ it), order their DSL, talk to someone about phone issues or get a cell phone.  They don't have many of these particular stores in the region and apparently, this is a 'test' store.  But it rocks!

nospinzone1

« Reply #21: May 17, 2007, 07:05:47 PM »
YEA, I LIVE IN THE MONTROSE AREA OF ROCKVILLE.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #22: May 17, 2007, 07:07:11 PM »
Dan grew up on Colie Drive right behind Ames.  We finally got his mom out of there 5 years ago.  That place really was starting to scare me!  More gang activity, etc.!  I hope you're not over there.  But if so, BE CAREFUL!

nospinzone1

« Reply #23: May 17, 2007, 07:54:01 PM »
Dan grew up on Colie Drive right behind Ames.  We finally got his mom out of there 5 years ago.  That place really was starting to scare me!  More gang activity, etc.!  I hope you're not over there.  But if so, BE CAREFUL!

SO AM I...AMES IS NOW DEIVIDED INTO A USED STUFF STORE AND THE OTHER HALF IS LIKE AN INDOOR FLEA MARKET....GLAD YOU GOT HER OUT OF THERE....MY HOUSE, NO THANKS TO ME, BUT THANKS TO MY PARENTS, IS SO QUIET THAT IS SCARY...LIVE IN A COURT AND A HOUSE JUST GOT SOLD FOR 600 THOU....DONT THINK PEOPLE IN GANGS OR ILEGALS CAN AFFORD TO LIVE AROUND HERE. SHUCKS, i AM ALMOST A MILLIONAIRE ON PAPER....IT IS A SHAME THAT MY ROTTEN NEPHEWS AND NIECES ARE GOING TO WIND UP WITH IT....HOPE THEY ALL HAVE A NICE FIGHT WHEN I AM GONE.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #24: May 17, 2007, 08:00:48 PM »
Wow!  I bet your paths crossed many times.  Are you several streets back behind the old Ames?  As you know, Colie is the street smack behind it.  Their home was about 2 or 3 houses down the hill past the entrance on Colie to the Ames lot.

But if you want to leave it to nice people, we'll all claim you.   :icon_mrgreen: