Author Topic: Nah  (Read 4236 times)

Offline _sturt_

• "Le Grande Orange"...Colt 45/Astro/Expo(Nat) Great
Nah
« Topic Start: April 28, 2017, 05:49:02 PM »
You guys can go on and can have your own discussion. But if the inconsideration and disregard for time invested runs quite this deep--ie for a thread that attracted some quality discussion for probably 5 of the 6 pages... discounting a sum total of maybe one page of some crouching on their hind legs and pissing on it... count me out. Golden rule makes a lot of simple common sense, and by that standard, it's not right.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Rebooting this thread.  Please only join in if you can have a civil discussion.  That goes for creator and participants.  Apologies to anyone who may have responded sincerely before, I just don't have time to fine-tooth-comb through it all right now.

Offline Natsinpwc

Mostly I like taking the human subjectivity out of balls and strikes. It was always terrible and now with the technology we see how bad it is. I believe I saw something last year's that said the MLB average was 87 percent accuracy. 

I like the post season the way it is. Just make the division series 7 games.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
But the automatic walk really doesn't add anything - it only takes away some excitement if the pitcher throws carelessly

Offline Mattionals

I think the only way to "fix" the DH/no DH thing is that the NL adopts the DH.

Offline DPMOmaha

But the automatic walk really doesn't add anything - it only takes away some excitement if the pitcher throws carelessly
I'd like to see it where the auto-walk can only be used before the first pitch is thrown. Once that first pitch is throw, you have to complete the at-bat. If you want to walk him, you're going to have to do it the old fashioned way.

Offline DPMOmaha

Yeah, we're not going backwards on that. It's either status quo or DH in both leagues.

Offline UMDNats

Re: Nah
« Reply #7: May 11, 2017, 11:55:54 AM »

Agreed.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #8: May 11, 2017, 12:11:21 PM »

I certainly hope not...'more offence' and 'higher scores' are not necessarily synonyms for 'better baseball'.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #9: May 11, 2017, 12:16:19 PM »
I certainly hope not...'more offense' and 'higher scores' are not necessarily synonyms for 'better baseball'.
I don't think either side will be making the change in the near term. But the AL sure ain't changing. If baseball were to unify, the NL would be adopting the DH, and I don't think there's a ton of urgency for that within the sport. I could be wrong about that, though.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #10: May 11, 2017, 02:38:19 PM »

Multiple DH's would be even better.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #11: May 11, 2017, 03:27:14 PM »
Multiple DH's would be even better.
Why not just a batting lineup and a fielding lineup?

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #12: May 11, 2017, 04:20:19 PM »
Why not just a batting lineup and a fielding lineup?

I love that idea.  We employ it in our league and it's magnificent.

I line up my best players and the best possible lineup regardless of position in the field and the other team does the same.  Competition at its finest.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #13: May 12, 2017, 07:48:16 AM »
...if it ain't broke, don't fix it.