Author Topic: Nationals @ Rockies, Game 1  (Read 15567 times)

Offline RiotAct

Re: Nationals @ Rockies, Game 1
« Reply #275: April 24, 2017, 11:30:35 PM »
Rockies announcers are amiable blockheads. Not much different from Bob and FP, in fact. But it's nice to hear another team's blockheads for a change.
the color guy sounds like a whiny 8-year old.

Offline mach1ne

« Reply #276: April 24, 2017, 11:31:45 PM »
Matt Albers might be one of our best relievers

Offline Truconfidence

« Reply #277: April 24, 2017, 11:35:30 PM »
the color guy sounds like a whiny 8-year old.
former rockies OF Ryan Spilborgs

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
« Reply #278: April 24, 2017, 11:36:06 PM »
Oh yeah, gotta bat MAT, he's gonna be a hero after all.

Offline Truconfidence

« Reply #279: April 24, 2017, 11:36:41 PM »
Matt Albers might be one of our best relievers
right now yes but we have a whole career of data that shows he is cinderella right now and the pumpkin will come.

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
« Reply #280: April 24, 2017, 11:38:10 PM »
right now yes but we have a whole career of data that shows he is cinderella right now and the pumpkin will come.

I'll take a pumpkin over the hordes of fire ants we have right now.

Offline Truconfidence

« Reply #281: April 24, 2017, 11:39:48 PM »
I'll take a pumpkin over the hordes of fire ants we have right now.
i am not as upset. i thought the score now was going to be the score in the 4th. the travel and to Denver no less on little sleep i was expecting a blow out.

Offline ghostface

« Reply #282: April 24, 2017, 11:40:45 PM »
lobo has to make him throw a strike.  horrible AB

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #283: April 24, 2017, 11:58:24 PM »
Too soon to call the Choker?

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #284: April 25, 2017, 12:09:19 AM »
i am not as upset. i thought the score now was going to be the score in the 4th. the travel and to Denver no less on little sleep i was expecting a blow out.

The fact that we had the lead into the 7th with a scrub pitcher starting and lost the game makes me MORE angry.  I expected a blowout from the start but man we could've stolen one today with a just a couple more reliable pitchers :(

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #285: April 25, 2017, 12:09:49 AM »
Too soon to call the Choker?

LOL I don't think his phone works anymore or someone would've called by now. 

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #286: April 25, 2017, 07:04:34 AM »
The fact that we had the lead into the 7th with a scrub pitcher starting and lost the game makes me MORE angry.  I expected a blowout from the start but man we could've stolen one today with a just a couple more reliable pitchers :(

Agreed

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #287: April 25, 2017, 07:07:10 AM »
Disappointing last night - but let's look at it this way: Every NL East and Central team has to make an annual trip to that launching-pad-with-air-hockey-table called Coors Field. Would you rather get it over with now (especially this season, with the Nats playing pretty well otherwise), or go there in August or September with playoff races tightening up?

I'd opt for the former, every time.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #288: April 25, 2017, 09:20:41 AM »
Oh I get it now.    Treinen is pronounced like Bye-nen.    Even with an awful blow up, C & D bring so much more to a broadcast than Bob and FP.     Frankly (;)), I think it's FP's sorry assed attempts to be funny ad nauseam are tiresome.     As the missus tells me regularly, not everyone likes a smart ass all the time.

BTW  Go to this site for Reynolds' 2-run home run video.    As the ball goes into the stands, look about two rows up and see the aBalt adults covering up the baby.   I'm sure one of yunz in the mensa crowd can capture that and post it.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #289: April 25, 2017, 09:23:31 AM »
Oh I get it now.    Treinen is pronounced like Bye-nen.
thinking he's sent down when Solis is back, barring further injuries.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #290: April 25, 2017, 10:16:18 AM »
Romero does exactly what FP warned him not to. He's bad.

Good Enny and Bad Enny. Like HRod the Good and the Bad. If Enny is terrible "only" one out of three appearances, do the Nats keep him? Keep hoping?

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #291: April 25, 2017, 10:27:18 AM »
  • Your wife is talking about you. She's talking about you. :)
  • FP is more glib than a smart-ass. It gets tiring even more quickly. (Although, the bit about the river and geysers early in the game was pretty funny.)

Oh I get it now.    Treinen is pronounced like Bye-nen.    Even with an awful blow up, C & D bring so much more to a broadcast than Bob and FP.     Frankly (;)), I think it's FP's sorry assed attempts to be funny ad nauseam are tiresome.    As the missus tells me regularly, not everyone likes a smart ass all the time.

BTW  Go to this site for Reynolds' 2-run home run video.    As the ball goes into the stands, look about two rows up and see the aBalt adults covering up the baby.   I'm sure one of yunz in the mensa crowd can capture that and post it.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #292: April 25, 2017, 11:32:15 AM »
  • You're wife is talking about you. She's talking about you. :)
  • FP is more glib than a smart-ass. It gets tiring even more quickly. (Although, the bit about the river and geysers early in the game was pretty funny.)

I used to  wonder who she was referring to but dismissed that it could be me.    Whenever I asked, she did that wifely, slow head shake and eye roll.     We've all seen it.     That was the give-away.

Offline stealyerbase

• YUMMY! Good for you too!
« Reply #293: April 25, 2017, 01:00:19 PM »
   Even with an awful blow up, C & D bring so much more to a broadcast than Bob and FP.     Frankly (;)), I think it's FP's sorry assed attempts to be funny ad nauseam are tiresome.     As the missus tells me regularly, not everyone likes a smart ass all the time.
[/quote

Abso-F'in-lutely. That's why I use a delay program to sync my radio with the TV picture. This year I'm using Audio Delay by Fountainware. Simple, easy to use software. I had to buy a USB to RCA & 3.5mm stereo converter in order to feed the radio signal into my laptop.

Offline stealyerbase

• YUMMY! Good for you too!
« Reply #294: April 25, 2017, 01:02:42 PM »

Yup. I wuz thinking the same thing. Turner threw a good game. Too bad the pen let him down.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #295: April 25, 2017, 01:42:45 PM »
Hell, I've met you and your wife once and saw it multiple times.

I used to  wonder who she was referring to but dismissed that it could be me.    Whenever I asked, she did that wifely, slow head shake and eye roll.     We've all seen it.     That was the give-away.

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #296: April 25, 2017, 03:30:03 PM »
I had a feeling this game would be a loss. Didn't think it would be a difference of 4 runs though. We must get at least 2 of these next 3.

Offline expos1994

« Reply #297: April 25, 2017, 03:32:31 PM »
Treinen's confidence is basically zero right now. You can almost feel it through the TV.
Hopefully the bullpen gets right back on track. I'm really pulling for these guys. We all know how good they can be.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #298: April 25, 2017, 03:36:25 PM »
Swept the Braves, swept the Mets. Win two in this series and it has to be considered a very successful road trip.

I had a feeling this game would be a loss. Didn't think it would be a difference of 4 runs though. We must get at least 2 of these next 3.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #299: April 25, 2017, 03:42:04 PM »
Hell, I've met you and your wife once and saw it multiple times.

Now that I know it's me, it doesn't bother me.   I'm comfortable with who/what I am.    :)