Poll

How many runs will the Nationals score this year

Under 800
800-850
850-900
900-950
950-1000
Over 1000

Author Topic: Can the Nationals score 900 runs? 950? 1000?  (Read 8680 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
:crackup:
I'm not sure why you're so skeptical.  Our remaining schedule really isn't that difficult given how many NL East teams we'll face in August and September so we've already played most of the hardest part of our schedule and we're still on pace for over 900 runs.  I'm not saying it's definitely going to happen but I also think you're going a bit overboard by being so confident that a trend that has held for over half a season won't hold for the rest of the season.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Amazing that Harper is the only Nat in the top 10 in HRs (he's tied for 7th)

Most important part. We don't have to rely on the long ball

Offline spidernat

I'm not sure why you're so skeptical.  Our remaining schedule really isn't that difficult given how many NL East teams we'll face in August and September so we've already played most of the hardest part of our schedule and we're still on pace for over 900 runs.  I'm not saying it's definitely going to happen but I also think you're going a bit overboard by being so confident that a trend that has held for over half a season won't hold for the rest of the season.

I'm actually not skeptical of it happening. Our offense looks very powerful right now and I think they could get to 900. I was laughing at bluestreak because he refused to jump at the offer (even though he at first sounded confident that it would happen) and as time goes by he seems to be getting bolder and bolder. :lol:

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator

I'm actually not skeptical of it happening. Our offense looks very powerful right now and I think they could get to 900. I was laughing at bluestreak because he refused to jump at the offer (even though he at first sounded confident that it would happen) and as time goes by he seems to be getting bolder and bolder. :lol:

Spider, we could be betting whether the Nats would score 600 runs. I’m NEVER going to make a bet on posting privileges. I don’t see the point in it. At all. I get zero utility out of this bet. If I lose, I don’t get to post and that’s something that I like doing. If I win you don’t get to post and I believe it decreases the quality of the board because I like your posts (most of them 😉). So that would be a negative for me too. I’m not going to enter into a wager where both outcomes are negative. It’s simply not rational.
I’ll totally do a bet for avatars. That’s fun. But betting to banish someone from the forum for a period doesn’t seem fun at all. 
But I’ll totally bet you something of actual value. I’m pretty confident in this lineup.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Spider, this could be my avatar...

Offline spidernat

That's what I wanted to try to get you to sport (or something along those lines). :lmao:

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Maybe the 2017 Nats will score 900 runs. I thought that would be impossible, having looked at the 1925 Senators, Washington's all-time best team, and the 1961 Yankees. Both scored about 825 runs, although the '25 Nats did it in 154 games. The '61 Yankees had seven players reach double-digits in homers, including Maris (61) and Mantle (54).

The Big Red Machine managed 857 runs in 1976.

900? Wow.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
That's what I wanted to try to get you to sport (or something along those lines). :lmao:

I had to check to make sure that abomination wouldn't be post number 1000...

Offline spidernat

I had to check to make sure that abomination wouldn't be post number 1000...

:hysterical:

Offline DPMOmaha

Offline spidernat

It was 1102 at one point. :lol:

Offline DPMOmaha

That was after that glorious game against the Mets.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Spider, we could be betting whether the Nats would score 600 runs. I’m NEVER going to make a bet on posting privileges. I don’t see the point in it. At all. I get zero utility out of this bet. If I lose, I don’t get to post and that’s something that I like doing. If I win you don’t get to post and I believe it decreases the quality of the board because I like your posts (most of them 😉). So that would be a negative for me too. I’m not going to enter into a wager where both outcomes are negative. It’s simply not rational.
I’ll totally do a bet for avatars. That’s fun. But betting to banish someone from the forum for a period doesn’t seem fun at all. 
But I’ll totally bet you something of actual value. I’m pretty confident in this lineup.
:clap:

Offline DPMOmaha

Pace took a 10 run hit. Ouch.

Offline DPMOmaha

Pace down a tick under 900.

Offline rbw5t

I'm starting to get a little nervous about my prediction of 830, but I'm sticking with it.  Today was fun though!

Offline DPMOmaha

I'm starting to get a little nervous about my prediction of 830, but I'm sticking with it.  Today was fun though!
They're gonna blow past 830; it's gonna get destroyed.

Offline Optics

A shame Eaton and Turner got hurt or we could have put up record offensive #s.

Offline DPMOmaha

A shame Eaton and Turner got hurt or we could have put up record offensive #s.
It'll be fun to do that next year as defending champs.

Offline DPMOmaha

Pace updated after the Rox series, currently sitting at 903.

Offline Count Walewski

Love this thread. It's providing the excitement that the division race is failing to provide.

Offline DPMOmaha

Re: Can the Nationals score 900 runs? 950? 1000?
« Reply #122: August 03, 2017, 09:29:52 AM »
After this series with the Marlins, pace is the lowest it's been since just before the ASB.

After getting shut out by the Braves, though, they responded with one of their better offensive stretches of the season.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #123: August 07, 2017, 09:22:03 AM »
Pace remained fairly steady through the Cubs series.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #124: August 22, 2017, 10:23:43 AM »
The Grapefruit league lineups are taking their toll on the pace. Lowest since April. Astros have a pretty substantial lead in terms of runs scored and runs per game. In the NL, Colorado just nudged in front in the Runs category. Nats still have the edge in the RPG category.