Author Topic: Janes Says - Our Reporting on Our Reporters  (Read 4530 times)

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
Re: Janes Says - Our Reporting on Our Reporters
« Reply #50: October 26, 2017, 05:21:01 PM »
One of the highest payrolls in the league and after nine years running the show his teams have never made it past the NLDS. Ironic AF, him referencing playoff failure as the reason for letting Baker go.

The real intriguing thing for the on-going manager search is how much control, if any, will Rizzo be given in the new hire. So far he has signed four managers who have lasted an average of two years each, who in their right mind would give this guy a fifth chance? Since the President of Baseball Operations was overruled on the decision on whether to extend Baker, I'd bet the house that the answer isn't the Lerners.
I'm not sure how much of the "4 managers in 8 years" thing you can hang on Rizzo.

Riggleman quit midseason. I blame that more on the Lerners (65/35) than on Rizzo. Riggs had only a few months remaining and didn't want to be a lame duck manager.
Davey Johnson was a stopgap. He agreed to manage on the condition that it was 2 years and he could go back to fishing. Failure on Rizzo and the Nats for not grooming someone from within.
Matt Williams is 100% on Rizzo. No ifs ands or buts about it.
And, I think we are all blaming the Lerners for Dusty's firing/leaving/ne renewing however you want to term it.

So, out of the last 4, it' more on the Lerners than Mikey Arizona.