Author Topic: Weather for Upcoming Home Games (2017)  (Read 12109 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

  • Posts: 27171
Weather for Upcoming Home Games (2017)
« Topic Start: March 29, 2017, 10:12:16 PM »
Looks like the exhibition game on Friday may be a washout. But, on the bright side, Monday looks decent with partly cloudy (partly sunny?) skies and a high in the 60-65 range.

Offline mitlen

  • Posts: 52206
  • We had 'em all the way.
Re: Weather for Upcoming Home Games (2017)
« Reply #1: March 29, 2017, 10:18:00 PM »
Looks like the exhibition game on Friday may be a washout. But, on the bright side, Monday looks decent with partly cloudy (partly sunny?) skies and a high in the 60-65 range.

Monday looks good but Tuesday looks bad.    Is Tuesday an off day?     (Guess I could look it up.  :P))

Offline GburgNatsFan

  • Posts: 17820
Re: Weather for Upcoming Home Games (2017)
« Reply #2: March 30, 2017, 01:15:17 PM »
Tuesday is an off-day.

Monday looks good but Tuesday looks bad.    Is Tuesday an off day?     (Guess I could look it up.  :P))

Online JCA-CrystalCity

  • Global Moderator
  • ****
  • Posts: 24005
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Weather for Upcoming Home Games (2017)
« Reply #3: March 30, 2017, 03:38:02 PM »
if Friday is a rain out, what happens to the tickets? no refund no trade ticket holders are stuck?

Offline rbw5t

  • Posts: 622
Re: Weather for Upcoming Home Games (2017)
« Reply #4: March 30, 2017, 03:48:11 PM »
if Friday is a rain out, what happens to the tickets? no refund no trade ticket holders are stuck?

I think we'll get a rain check, probably limited to non-prime games in April.  They can't just keep the money and not offer a refund or replacement tickets.  I'm sure they prefer a rain check into a low-demand game to giving refunds.  Many of the rain checks won't even get used.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

  • Posts: 27171
Re: Weather for Upcoming Home Games (2017)
« Reply #5: March 30, 2017, 04:04:28 PM »
I think we'll get a rain check, probably limited to non-prime games in April.  They can't just keep the money and not offer a refund or replacement tickets.  I'm sure they prefer a rain check into a low-demand game to giving refunds.  Many of the rain checks won't even get used.

A couple of years ago, an exhibition game against Detroit got rained out and I know I was able to exchange those tickets for a game later in the season.

Online OldChelsea

  • Posts: 7221
  • From the best seat in the house at Nationals Park
Re: Weather for Upcoming Home Games (2017)
« Reply #6: March 31, 2017, 12:34:11 PM »
weather.com has backed off a bit on opening-series weather - now 70% chance of precip on Opening Day instead of 90%. Still calling for 90% chance for Game 2; just 10% expected for the finale.

As I noted elsewhere in these forums, with weather.com one needs to check back often - walk-backs of this sort are very common.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

  • Posts: 14366
  • babble on
Re: Weather for Upcoming Home Games (2017)
« Reply #7: March 31, 2017, 12:35:33 PM »
My weather stone is currently wet  :P

Offline mitlen

  • Posts: 52206
  • We had 'em all the way.
Re: Weather for Upcoming Home Games (2017)
« Reply #8: March 31, 2017, 12:37:41 PM »
My weather stone is currently wet  :P

Mine's under water in E. Loudoun.

Online bluestreak

  • Posts: 2895
Re: Weather for Upcoming Home Games (2017)
« Reply #9: March 31, 2017, 01:43:06 PM »
Is there any chance this game is played today?

Online lylelgreen

  • Posts: 455
Re: Weather for Upcoming Home Games (2017)
« Reply #10: March 31, 2017, 01:54:44 PM »
@Nationals
Today’s game against the Boston Red Sox has been cancelled due to inclement weather.
 
The game will not be rescheduled.  For additional information, please visit http://nationals.com/rain .

Online bluestreak

  • Posts: 2895
Re: Weather for Upcoming Home Games (2017)
« Reply #11: March 31, 2017, 09:15:37 PM »
There was minimal rain after 1:30 or so. They totally could have played the game.

Offline mitlen

  • Posts: 52206
  • We had 'em all the way.
Re: Weather for Upcoming Home Games (2017)
« Reply #12: March 31, 2017, 09:18:05 PM »
There was minimal rain after 1:30 or so. They totally could have played the game.

I was sittin' on the couch with the missus and the sun actually peeked through in E. Loudoun.

Offline GburgNatsFan

  • Posts: 17820
Re: Weather for Upcoming Home Games (2017)
« Reply #13: April 01, 2017, 01:19:54 PM »
Weather's getting better for OD.

Offline varoadking

  • Posts: 19345
Re: Weather for Upcoming Home Games (2017)
« Reply #14: April 01, 2017, 06:45:14 PM »
Weather's getting better for OD.

The weatherman heard that I would be there...

Online OldChelsea

  • Posts: 7221
  • From the best seat in the house at Nationals Park
Re: Weather for Upcoming Home Games (2017)
« Reply #15: April 03, 2017, 07:51:42 AM »
Latest from weather.com for today: 64 degrees at first pitch, no chance of precip till 17.00 (and then only 10%). The first of many weather.com precip walk-backs this season...PLAY BALL!

Online OldChelsea

  • Posts: 7221
  • From the best seat in the house at Nationals Park
Re: Weather for Upcoming Home Games (2017)
« Reply #16: April 05, 2017, 10:43:21 AM »
Not looking too bad for remainder of this Marlins series:

TONIGHT - 66 degrees and 5% chance of precip at first pitch, but chance of precip increases to 35% at 22.00
TOMORROW - 63 degrees and 45% chance of rain at first pitch; chance of precip drops to 5% at 20.00 and pretty much stays there the rest of the evening; wind could be a bit of a problem starting at 20mph

Offline dshawg77

  • Posts: 711
Re: Weather for Upcoming Home Games (2017)
« Reply #17: April 05, 2017, 12:13:02 PM »
Latest from weather.com for today: 64 degrees at first pitch, no chance of precip till 17.00 (and then only 10%). The first of many weather.com precip walk-backs this season...PLAY BALL!

Yes!! pumped! Can't wait!

Offline Optics

  • Posts: 9051
Re: Weather for Upcoming Home Games (2017)
« Reply #18: April 05, 2017, 02:12:02 PM »
Tonight will be fine but tomorrow's looking like a wash.

Online OldChelsea

  • Posts: 7221
  • From the best seat in the house at Nationals Park
Re: Weather for Upcoming Home Games (2017)
« Reply #19: April 06, 2017, 08:00:59 AM »
Right now weather.com is calling for showers (50% chance of precip) and 60 degrees at first pitch. From 20.00 onward they're calling for 0% chance of precip so, one way or the other, they should get tonight's Marlins finale in.

UPDATE at 10.15 - now calling for 'partly cloudy' and just 25% chance of precip at first pitch - despite the rather gloomy look of things outside my window right now, looks like this one's on.

Offline aspenbubba

  • Posts: 3579
Re: Weather for Upcoming Home Games (2017)
« Reply #20: April 06, 2017, 12:00:18 PM »
Don't know how the field will dry out in time to make it playable.

Offline dracnal

  • Posts: 1007
Re: Weather for Upcoming Home Games (2017)
« Reply #21: April 06, 2017, 12:03:39 PM »
Don't know how the field will dry out in time to make it playable.

With you on this one. Unless it gets real sunny, real fast, it's going to be knee destroying turf in the outfield.

Offline mitlen

  • Posts: 52206
  • We had 'em all the way.
Re: Weather for Upcoming Home Games (2017)
« Reply #22: April 06, 2017, 12:04:26 PM »
Was out and about in E. Loudoun.     It was cloudy and raining in the Dulles area.    To the west (probably Purcellville) was the edge of the "front".   Beyond that looked partly cloudy.     With the storm movin' up the east coast, it's probably bankin' off/along the "mountains".

Offline rbw5t

  • Posts: 622
Re: Weather for Upcoming Home Games (2017)
« Reply #23: April 06, 2017, 12:12:26 PM »
With you on this one. Unless it gets real sunny, real fast, it's going to be knee destroying turf in the outfield.

They have great drainage if it isn't actually raining.  If rain stops by 3 or 4pm, I bet they start around 5 or 6 and get the game in.  I think they'll want to get it in today -- even though it's a divisional opponent early in the season, there aren't actually great opportunities for a make-up, other than doing a double header.  Both of the next times the Marlins will be here, we don't have an off day before or after the series.

Offline mitlen

  • Posts: 52206
  • We had 'em all the way.
Re: Weather for Upcoming Home Games (2017)
« Reply #24: April 06, 2017, 12:13:38 PM »
They have great drainage if it isn't actually raining.  If rain stops by 3 or 4pm, I bet they start around 5 or 6 and get the game in.  I think they'll want to get it in today -- even though it's a divisional opponent early in the season, there aren't actually great opportunities for a make-up, other than doing a double header.  Both of the next times the Marlins will be here, we don't have an off day before or after the series.

WTOP was mentioning 2 PM for rain let up.