Author Topic: Mighty Mouse is in the House! An Adam Eaton Discussion  (Read 8113 times)

Online NatsAllThe Way

Why did he keep going?

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Don't forget to check in with Slate for offensive game plan advice to pass on to Trotz and the team.

Play Grubby

Offline Truconfidence

welp worst fears realized  Eaton has a torn ACL. done for the year per Rosenthal

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
welp worst fears realized  Eaton has a torn ACL. done for the year per Rosenthal

Gonna start a new topic for this.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
They are replaying the Trea cycle game on MASN. I had forgotten how crazy this lineup was with Eaton in it. Can’t wait to see him back.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
They are replaying the Trea cycle game on MASN. I had forgotten how crazy this lineup was with Eaton in it. Can’t wait to see him back.

Imagine what'll be like when Robles is in RF.

Offline Slateman

WJFK reporting that Eaton will be ready for Spring Training, is currently the planned leadoff hitter, and will play LF.

Offline expos1994

That's a big upgrade in left field. Especially defensively. Let's hope he stays healthy.

Offline Slateman

That's a big upgrade in left field. Especially defensively. Let's hope he stays healthy.
It's a waste of his defensive talent. Guess we can't hurt Bryce's feelings before he decides to leave.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

It's a waste of his defensive talent. Guess we can't hurt Bryce's feelings before he decides to leave.

At least he'll still play RF for the 45 games Harper misses.

Offline DPMOmaha

I'd still have Turner lead off, but I could be convinced otherwise, I think.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
I'd still have Turner lead off, but I could be convinced otherwise, I think.

As best I remember Easton, and it's been a long time for a small sample, AE is better than Turner at putting the bat on the ball. Easton leading off, then Turner, then Harper...that's good.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.

The number places he could leave for is declining. If he's always wanted to be a Yankee he might want to sign a shorter term deal here and see what happens in NYC.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
If he comes back and is the player he was for the White Sox, that is a heck of an outfield barring a major Michael Taylor regression.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
The number places he could leave for is declining. If he's always wanted to be a Yankee he might want to sign a shorter term deal here and see what happens in NYC.

You're right...he may find himself stuck here for a while longer...

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
He's back.

Offline Optics

The difference between Werth and Eaton is going to be astronomical this year.

Scraps

The difference between Werth and Eaton is going to be astronomical this year.
Absolutely!

Eaton is also more of a true leadoff hitter with his short compact stroke versus Turner’s long loose swing that is more susceptible to the better pitching around the League especially come Playoff time. Turner has leadoff speed but is no leadoff hitter. Trea hits just enough homers to get himself in trouble and to not want to make any changes / adjustments  to become more of a compact hitter.
Martinez has done a great job with positioning his hitters where they belong to this point.

Go Naaaaaaaaats!!!

Offline aBaltoNat

What the absolute freak?

I was reading this thinking that it was a new thread for this year...crap my pants and then noticed the date.

Scraps

What the absolute freak?

I was reading this thinking that it was a new thread for this year...crap my pants and then noticed the date.
You just gave me the ammunition I was looking for for a bad April Fools joke on my brother. 😉

:hysterical:

Let’s go Naaaaaats!!!

Offline Count Walewski

Adam Eaton at bats right now are like Howie Kendrick at bats last August. Must see TV.

Offline dcpatti

Zuckerman:

Adam Eaton is NL Player of the Week. 8-for-13 with 2 HR, 5 RBI and 7 runs will do that for you.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Zuckerman:

Adam Eaton is NL Player of the Week. 8-for-13 with 2 HR, 5 RBI and 7 runs will do that for you.

wow, shocked. :)

Offline Ray D

Adam Eaton is NL Player of the Week.

I'm confused about what constitutes a week.

Online HalfSmokes

I'm confused about what constitutes a week.

Sunday to Monday?