Author Topic: Mighty Mouse is in the House! An Adam Eaton Discussion  (Read 8176 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
I noticed the one to 3rd in the first was a double bouncer.

Here was the first throw:

https://twitter.com/PowerBoater69/status/849764429277343744

Offline aBaltoNat

Two throws tonight, both short, both bounce passes.

I actually like the trade, even though it hurt to lose Lopez.

His shorts are all one hoppers.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
I actually like the trade, even though it hurt to lose Lopez.

His shorts are all one hoppers.

On paper I like the trade too, just a little concerned with his ability to get the ball back in from deep center.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Is Adam Eaton a free agent after this season ?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

IIRC    One of the reasons we traded for him was several years of control at a cheap/"reasonable" price.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

We have him under contract for 5 years...

Offline NJ Ave

So dumb. This is last year:

So unless he needs TJ surgery, my guess is you doofuses care too much about throws he's making when it doesn't matter.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
So dumb. This is last year:

So unless he needs TJ surgery, my guess is you doofuses care too much about throws he's making when it doesn't matter.

I actually though they were joking.  The guy has a cannon...  :shrug:

Offline aussienatsfan

Looks great in that 2 hole

Offline aBaltoNat

I was being for realz. Tommy John it is.

How far down is the DL thread?

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
Huh, guess I was at a different game again last night. I thought he looked pretty good when and where it mattered on defense, made a good decision to stop the bleeding with a play at third instead of a hopelessly late throw home....and then there are those meaningless offensive statistics.

Offline Trea Burner

He does bring offensive credibility. Gives Murphy some help when things get more serious and the other Nats start whiffing on everything.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Yeah...he sux...  :hysterical:

Offline Optics

He's gonna be an All-Star while Lopez and Giolito mire away in the minors for another 3 years.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
I tell you what, he's an exciting player. He plays fast and hard and fans always like that. He was getting some serious cheers last night even before he had another great night.

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen

hahahahaha. He's intentionally bouncing that so it can hit the dirt and get a scuff on the ball, he just missed the dirt a bit. Werth does that all the time.

Offline NatsAllThe Way

FP doesn't seem to like him very much.   :lol:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
hahahahaha. He's intentionally bouncing that so it can hit the dirt and get a scuff on the ball, he just missed the dirt a bit. Werth does that all the time.

With a runner on third? Think again.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Via 106.7, Fangraphs has Eaton in a three way tie for worst defensive outfielder so far this year.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Via 106.7, Fangraphs has Eaton in a three way tie for worst defensive outfielder so far this year.

Tied with Royce and Werth?

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Its early

Offline Ray D

That's ridiculous.  He came up with the idea of throwing to third, then realized he couldn't get the runner  The lead runner was going to get third and the trailing runner was going to be held to first.. , So there was no urgency to the throw to second, who cares if he bounced it.  He made a somewhat awkward shift in balance when he changed course which caused the bounce, but who cares.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024

Defensive stats are crap.

He made a hell of a play, perhaps game saving, on the catch against the center field wall. We're paying Eaton for his bat but his defense isn't bad.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Defensive stats are crap.

True, but if they are going to make a list from best to worst, it's best not to be the worst.

I came out strongly in favor of the trade when a lot of Nats fans were worried that we gave up too much, that opinion has not changed, I'm just thinking that we'll be glad to see him moved to a corner next year (or even later this season).

Offline Count Walewski

Eaton is one of those guys who makes spectacular-looking plays in the outfield, and then fans debate whether he's a hard-nosed gritty defender or a guy who could have made a more routine looking play if he took a better route to the ball.