Author Topic: Washington Valor  (Read 1903 times)

Offline Count Walewski

Washington Valor
« Topic Start: March 27, 2017, 11:30:30 AM »
Washington's new Arena Football team starts playing in less than two weeks:

http://www.washingtonvalor.com/tickets

Season opener is Friday, April 7 against Baltimore. Who's going?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Re: Washington Valor
« Reply #1: March 27, 2017, 04:59:49 PM »
Washington's new Arena Football team starts playing in less than two weeks:

http://www.washingtonvalor.com/tickets

Season opener is Friday, April 7 against Baltimore. Who's going?

Going to the game on May 13th, and then again for a game in July...

Mods may want to merge this thread with http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=34246.0

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #2: March 28, 2017, 01:13:16 AM »
So, different throwball team?  Isn't there still some crap team that plays out in Maryland somewhere? 

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #3: April 07, 2017, 01:36:36 PM »
Baltimore's in town tonight for a 7 PM game time.    Televised on CBS Sports Net.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #4: April 07, 2017, 01:56:22 PM »
I looked at the web and saw that there are only five teams in the league.  That seemed strange.  Read some more and 5 of the 8 teams that were in the league prior to this year were contracted.  And two new teams added.  I know one of them is the Valor.  The other may be Baltimore? With only five teams left and given what happened after last year, I would not get too attached to the Valor.  Of course the reigning champions are Ron Jaworski's Philadelphia Soul.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #5: April 07, 2017, 01:59:35 PM »
I looked at the web and saw that there are only five teams in the league.  That seemed strange.  Read some more and 5 of the 8 teams that were in the league prior to this year were contracted.  And two new teams added.  I know one of them is the Valor.  The other may be Baltimore? With only five teams left and given what happened after last year, I would not get too attached to the Valor.  Of course the reigning champions are Ron Jaworski's Philadelphia Soul.

Jaworski's from W. NY and went to Youngstown State.   Of course, both of those places border Western PA.    This is one of the times I wish I still had that parking place in SW (work).    I'd go to the game tonight just to see if I like it.   I'll watch it on the tube until Brooks and Shields come on.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #6: April 07, 2017, 02:04:39 PM »
Jaworski's from W. NY and went to Youngstown State.   Of course, both of those places border Western PA.    This is one of the times I wish I still had that parking place in SW (work).    I'd go to the game tonight just to see if I like it.   I'll watch it on the tube until Brooks and Shields come on.
I have a hard time getting psyched for arena football.  Reminds me of when we used to play touch football on the street when I grew up.  Lots of touchdowns.  Minus the cars.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #7: April 07, 2017, 02:07:06 PM »
I have a hard time getting psyched for arena football.  Reminds me of when we used to play touch football on the street when I grew up.  Lots of touchdowns.  Minus the cars.

Man, that's found memories.     Loved playin' ball in the streets.     But I'd just like to see Arena ball live   ....   at least once.      Gotta have a lot of action

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #8: April 07, 2017, 02:14:20 PM »
Man, that's found memories.     Loved playin' ball in the streets.     But I'd just like to see Arena ball live   ....   at least once.      Gotta have a lot of action
Grab a beer and  miss 20 points easy.  Do you get to keep footballs that go into the stands?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #9: April 07, 2017, 06:16:19 PM »
Do you get to keep footballs that go into the stands?

Maybe...that used to be one of the perks...

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #10: April 07, 2017, 06:42:01 PM »
What network has tv coverage?

Offline mitlen

« Reply #11: April 07, 2017, 06:45:24 PM »
What network has tv coverage?

CBS Sports Net

In the future, Grant Paulsen will be doin' the play by play with Santana Moss as analyst.    This will be the last game I see on TV.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #12: June 03, 2017, 08:15:09 PM »
At the Valor game tonight.  I would be surprised if this was a thing next year.  Crowd is so-so...maybe 5,000 people? 

Personally, I'd rather watch HS football...maybe even watch a game at the Pfitz.

Scratch that last thought...

Offline mitlen

« Reply #13: June 03, 2017, 08:18:57 PM »
At the Valor game tonight.  I would be surprised if this was a thing next year.  Crowd is so-so...maybe 5,000 people? 

Personally, I'd rather watch HS football...maybe even watch a game at the Pfitz.

Scratch that last thought...

It's on CBS Sports  ...  You in the brew house?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #14: June 03, 2017, 08:52:22 PM »
It's on CBS Sports  ...  You in the brew house?

No...section 111...on one of the 20 yard lines...

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #15: June 03, 2017, 08:54:38 PM »
I guess there is virtually no overhead with this crap, so it may last.  Some folks seem really into it.  Just not very entertaining, IMHO.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #16: June 03, 2017, 08:59:17 PM »
The "dab" was always stoopid.  Even moreso in 2017.  Please stop it.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #17: June 03, 2017, 11:40:29 PM »
I went to an arena league game in Pensacola in like 2008 maybe? Anyway " all scoring all the time" turned out not to be all that entertaining, our team folded after a couple seasons.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #18: June 03, 2017, 11:50:23 PM »
I went to an arena league game in Pensacola in like 2008 maybe? Anyway " all scoring all the time" turned out not to be all that entertaining, our team folded after a couple seasons.

I hear ya...

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #19: June 04, 2017, 11:56:54 PM »
Haven't been able to make it to a game this year due to conflicts. I did go to an Arena game in Kansas City in 2011 and was very entertained, but I love high-scoring football games. The game I went to was decided by a missed extra point and both teams scored about 60 points.

Online 1995hoo

« Reply #20: June 05, 2017, 07:24:26 AM »
We went to the opener. It was entertaining, but not something I felt the desire to attend regularly. You do get to keep any football that goes into the crowd that you catch (the PA man emphasized this).

Ted Leonsis's group owns both the Valor and the Baltimore Brigade. I assume he's done his due diligence, but I found it very odd that someone would want to have two teams in a league that just shrank to only five teams.

I remember DC's original team at the Capital Centre in the 1980s, but I guess their name has a very different connotation to people today than it did back then—the Washington Commandos.

Offline Optics

« Reply #21: June 05, 2017, 12:25:41 PM »
I haven't watched one second of the Valor nor do I really care to.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #22: June 05, 2017, 12:26:41 PM »
I haven't watched one second of the Valor nor do I really care to.

Smart...

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #23: July 22, 2017, 07:39:32 PM »
At my second and last. 

We took my kids and a friend...the friend just got admitted to Harvard Law School.  Very proud of her. 

Offline mitlen

« Reply #24: July 22, 2017, 07:41:47 PM »
At my second and last. 

We took my kids and a friend...the friend just got admitted to Harvard Law School.  Very proud of her. 

So, there are 4 people in the house?    :couch: