Author Topic: 2017 bullpen watch  (Read 75766 times)

Online aspenbubba

Re: 2017 bullpen watch
« Reply #50: April 08, 2017, 08:32:11 AM »
Here are my thoughts on the status of the BP as constructed by Rizzo on the way to an 84 win season. Yes, it is early but the blown "saves" the past two games have derailed any hopes of a great season. Mods may merge this with the existing threads BP watch and Closer thread if compelled but it is a prediction thread.

Treinen: You ain't the man. I thought you were going to end up the closer in 2015 and 2016 and stated that in the seasons prediction threads. I was mistaken. Rizzo will be forced to sell the farm at the trade deadline to acquire a real closer ( Betances?). You will not be replaced as soon as members of WNFF would like because Baker is very supportive of the psyches of his players and sticks with them way too long. Until then , Baker will be forced to go with Closer BY Committee ( hereafter referred to as CBC). You will be a good set -up man in the 7th and 8th and to your credit you don't have the "deer in the headlights" look that Hanrahan possessed while waiting to appear in a game. You do remind me of the "Chief" who could be very ,very good or very bad. 

Kelley: Your ERA will soar to over 4.0 as you will be part of the CBC.

Solis: They will make you a "Loogy"as you will replace Perez in that role ,

Perez: The only reason you are on the team is Rizzo doesn't want to admit that he made a 4 Mil mistake even if it is someone else's money. You will be gone by the ASB.

Romero: The reincarnation of Henry Rodriguez 2.0. You will be gone by Memorial Day.

Glover: Wait your turn. Much to the FO's credit is they don't want to throw you to the wolves. You have the stuff but more importantly you possess the attitude and have shown it the last two nights. You will earn a few saves this season.

Blanton: There was a reason that the Dodgers didn't offer you the money that the Nat's did after your good season with them. I just don't know why? You will also get a few opportunities to close this season.

So Perez and Romero are gone and who do we replace them with. Possibly Guthrie (depending on his game today and his role going forward ) and I believe that the Nat's will adopt the Cardinals model of promoting pitchers regardless of their roles as starters or relievers to work out of the BP like they did with Trevor Rosenthal. That means we will see Fedde ,Voth and AJ Cole ( who should never start a game for the Nats again) as BP replacements.

I am officially resigning from the S.S.S. and I am formally  announcing my challenge to SF 882 as the chairman of the Doom and Gloom Squad.