Author Topic: Red Carpet Rewards program de-valued up to 50%  (Read 44131 times)

Offline CowherPower

Red Carpet Rewards program de-valued up to 50%
« Topic Start: March 19, 2017, 12:36:39 AM »
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I see that the Nats have jacked up the amount of points you need to use in order to get tickets through the RCR program.  In many cases it will cost 50% more (weekday Mezzanine seats 150 instead of 100, Field 450 instead of 300, and Club 750 instead of 500).  Not really surprised, but this kind of sucks.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
They keep reducing the benefits, but the thing is that most of us with plans don't need extra tickets. I talk to a lot of people who don't bother to use them. I ordered some junk last year that I never bothered to pick up. I've gotten some stuff I wanted too, but on the whole I'd rather that they scrapped the program and did another price freeze.

Offline dcpatti

They also have adjusted some of the earnings, like the number of points you get for scanning your card at an early entry went up, but to be counted as "early" you have to arrive now even earlier (90 minutes before first pitch vs 60).

They did add a bunch of no-spend ways to earn though, the nightly radio code has turned into a radio code, a tv code and an in-person code; with the various social networks, it should be easy to get all 3 of those every night, assuming all 3 can be applied and there's no "one per customer" rule.

I'm  holding back judgment till I see what the fixed-price reward are. Auctions are too hit-and-miss. When everyone is trying to dump points, the reward levels get stupid.

Anyone see anything weird about their starting points balance? Mine seems a bit more than I'd expected.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
while they went up on the weekday tickets, they held the weekends constant in terms of points.  I also noticed that the suites cost more points for midweek than weekend.   I'm guessing they've figured midweek has more demand from the corporate types.  that said, the RCRs aren't really for the corporate bennies, so I don't think the demand-balancing is behind the price rise mid-week on the RCR seats.

Offline Natsinpwc

LAC.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
They keep reducing the benefits, but the thing is that most of us with plans don't need extra tickets. I talk to a lot of people who don't bother to use them. I ordered some junk last year that I never bothered to pick up. I've gotten some stuff I wanted too, but on the whole I'd rather that they scrapped the program and did another price freeze.
Mostly didn't use them because seat assignments were randomly provided, you rarely had control over where you were sitting, only the price range you were paying.
Used them to purchase things like on field BP from time to time, I could usually get that early in the season when most folks hadn't made up their minds on how they wanted to use their points. Late in the season....they are pretty much worthless paper as everyone tries to dump them.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
This is my first year of this. What's the best way to use these things? I have a full season plan, so I was thinking that more tickets might not be what I want. What is typically the best value? Merchandise? I figured that I may blow the whole amount on Delta Club tickets for a game or something. Just looking for some advice.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
This is my first year of this. What's the best way to use these things? I have a full season plan, so I was thinking that more tickets might not be what I want. What is typically the best value? Merchandise? I figured that I may blow the whole amount on Delta Club tickets for a game or something. Just looking for some advice.

Delta Club tickets don't last long, get them the morning that they become available. I used to use mine to get a bunch of tickets and host a group outing for my office.

Offline dcpatti

I didn't want any more tickets so I used mine for the on-field batting practice viewing (totally cool, would totally do again).  It was an auction item last season and the point values got run waaaay up at the end of the season so if you're interested in doing that, you may be able to do it on less points by doing it earlier in the year before everyone is trying to burn off points. Also got a few promo items that I'd missed or that I wanted more of (beer stein!!!).  Or combine with another SPH to get enough for a suite but the food and beverage is at your cost. I am trying for a suite this season to throw a small party for my 5th wedding anniversary.

Offline CowherPower

Delta Club tickets don't last long, get them the morning that they become available. I used to use mine to get a bunch of tickets and host a group outing for my office.

Is the Delta Club the new name for the President's Club behind home plate?  If so, I thought they stopped letting people use RCR points for that two seasons ago.  The best that seems to be available now is the PNC Diamond Club.  I would love to get back into the President's/Delta club again, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Is the Delta Club the new name for the President's Club behind home plate?  If so, I thought they stopped letting people use RCR points for that two seasons ago.  The best that seems to be available now is the PNC Diamond Club.  I would love to get back into the President's/Delta club again, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Oops, I can't keep the club names straight with the sponsors, I meant the Diamond Club.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I have a full season package with many, many partners, so we generally use the RCRs for extra games.

Offline NovaNat

Just noticed this morning that they changed the game ticket redemption values again.  I copied the terms & cond on 3/16 but noticed today that the weekend redemption costs have gone up even more.  The changes are in red.  If you look at the T&C now they have removed the redemption values altogether.  It seems kind of shady for the Nats to do this after they had already posted redemption values for the year without telling anyone.

Section   Weekday (Mon-Thurs)   Weekend (Fri-Sun)
Suites     
Washington   24,000 per suite   20,000 per suite
Party             17,500 per suite   14,000 per suite
Jefferson       17,500 per suite   14,000 per suite
Premium Seats     
PNC Diamond Club   1,800 per seat   2,400 3,000 per seat
Traditional Seats     
Club                          750 per seat   1,000 1150 per seat
Field                          450 per seat   600 675 per seat
Mezzanine/Outfield    150 per seat   200 225 per seat
Gallery Levels/Terrace   75 per seat   100 125 per seat
Parking     
Lot T                    250 400 per pass   550 800 per pass

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Anyone seen any codes yet this season?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Using the codes you can get 100 points per home game and 60 per road game, so 12,960 points. Used to be you needed an expensive plan to get that many points.

Offline NovaNat

Codes for the 4/5 Game

Radio: Turner
Pres Race: Finish
End of Game: Nats

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Codes for the 4/5 Game

Radio: Turner
Pres Race: Finish
End of Game: Nats

Thanks...We need a sticky thread for 2017 Rewards codes...

Offline rbw5t

For Monday, End of Game was DMV (I think), but I think it's too late to put it in now.

Sharing these here is a great idea -- please keep it up!  (I'll be sure to post any that I have.)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
You can get the RCR codes on twitter at @redcarpetcodes.

Offline dcpatti

yuck please no twatter.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
End of game code for 4/6: steal

Radio code for 4/6:  RICE

Offline rbw5t

Thanks!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

The plan was rich when first launched but has been significantly diminished.  Initially it was worth a 50% premium - I had 8 games in Club level and got 4 additional games in Club level.  Now can I even get 1?

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Hmm...sounds like some airline loyalty schemes I could name.

Offline dcpatti

Radio code 4/7 Glover