Author Topic: Where is Ryan Zimmerman helping/hurting us more? (2017)  (Read 24072 times)

Online imref

• 1B: The New Hot Corner
Last year in the NLDS: .353 / .450 / .471.  Can he continue where he left off?

Offline Slateman

• thanosdidnothingwrong
Can't freaking throw. Won't stay healthy

Offline monkeyhit

I constanly wonder what would happen if the stubborn #$% would just stand at the plate like normal hitters, bat on shoulder or with hands slightly above his shoulder and forget the big leg kick. I know he's an old dog, but how hard would it be to try to simplify his approach?

Offline Slateman

• thanosdidnothingwrong
I constanly wonder what would happen if the stubborn #$% would just stand at the plate like normal hitters, bat on shoulder or with hands slightly above his shoulder and forget the big leg kick. I know he's an old dog, but how hard would it be to try to simplify his approach?
He hits fine when he's healthy and has his timing.

Online mitlen

It's the damn batting gloves I tell ya.

Online Natsinpwc

He hits fine when he's healthy and has his timing.
When is that?

Online Natsinpwc

Offline Ray D

He was rock solid 2009, 2010, 2012, and 2013.  Injury problems in 2011 and of course the past three seasons.

Offline Slateman

• thanosdidnothingwrong
He's healthy in spurts. Once he gets that ~100 PAs, he hits

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Tebow will finish the spring with a higher OBP.

Offline dracnal

Yeah, he certainly got off to a good start with his .250 OBP yesterday. Only two strikeouts too! Sadly, he had a GIDP and a HBP, as well as a lineout pickoff DP at first.

So, he's the lovechild of Danny and Zim with Bryce's baserunning skills. I'm so upset we missed out on him.

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

Yeah, he certainly got off to a good start with his .250 OBP yesterday. Only two strikeouts too! Sadly, he had a GIDP and a HBP, as well as a lineout pickoff DP at first.

So, he's the lovechild of Danny and Zim with Bryce's baserunning skills. I'm so upset we missed out on him.

HBP doesn't count as a walk, so I'm not sure if Tebow's OBP gets credit for that.  I think it's treated like a sac fly. 

Offline dracnal

HBP doesn't count as a walk, so I'm not sure if Tebow's OBP gets credit for that.  I think it's treated like a sac fly.

That just makes the story of 'Little Tim's Very Bad Day,' that much worse. (To be fair, I don't really care that much for him one way or the other. I think he gets way more attention than needed and also way more hate/praise than needed. He's an athlete that didn't pan out in football and is only noteworthy because he likes to pray publicly.)

Offline Ray D

Offline dracnal

(Image removed from quote.)

That's right!  That's why AB and PA aren't the same number as well, right? I seem to remember you can have more Plate Appearances than At Bats, right? Or is it the other way around?

Offline Elvir Ovcina

That's right!  That's why AB and PA aren't the same number as well, right? I seem to remember you can have more Plate Appearances than At Bats, right? Or is it the other way around?

More PAs than ABs, but the difference is usually primarily driven by walks, which are PAs but not ABs.  Sacrifice bunts, flies, and HBPs are other common examples of the same.

Offline rileyn

That's a good line.  Sadly, I'm not sure if you are being serious or not.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• I am the liquor.
He's done. Where's that dick rider that said Zimmmm would be good again?

Offline DPMOmaha

I stand by that.

:tomatoes:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• I am the liquor.
I stand by that.

:tomatoes:

Nah, it wasn't you dude, you and I both think he can still be a good player under the right circumstances (read: when healthy). The guy I'm talking about doesn't post here any more and I want to say is one of those guys I used to see at the park trying to heckle guys from the other team but failing miserably. Pretty sure Billy Wagner threatened to kick his ass once.

Online Natsinpwc

Zimmerman's days as productive are largely over. People deluded themselves with other players like this (e.g., Ryan Howard) and that they would regain past glory. Won't happen. They are stuck with him and seem reluctant to keep a high priced guy on the bench. Only thing to help is that the other players will pick up the slack.

Online imref

• 1B: The New Hot Corner
Zimmerman's days as productive are largely over. People deluded themselves with other players like this (e.g., Ryan Howard) and that they would regain past glory. Won't happen. They are stuck with him and seem reluctant to keep a high priced guy on the bench. Only thing to help is that the other players will pick up the slack.

Last year in the NLDS: .353 / .450 / .471.

Online Natsinpwc

Yep. One productive week trumps a weak season. Pete Kozma must be in the hall of fame by now?