Author Topic: Food and How you Cook/Eat it (2017)  (Read 17566 times)

Offline 1995hoo

Re: Food and How you Cook/Eat it (2017)
« Reply #75: February 18, 2017, 11:54:00 AM »
Ms1995hoo subscribes to Cuisine at Home magazine. The January/February 2017 issue has a recipe for pork scallopine with a lemon-caper sauce. The sauce is so good we've used it with several other things (chicken, scallops, tilapia). Easy to make and the only downside is that we've been going through too many lemons and chicken broth.

1 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
2 tbsp capers [I use nonpareil capers]
1 tbsp each lemon zest and fresh lemon juice [I squeeze the juice from the zested lemon since they don't keep for long after they're zested]
1 tbsp chopped fresh sage

Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk in flour; cook 1–2 minutes, whisking constantly. [I use a flat gravy whisk.] Whisk in broth, then add capers, zest, lemon juice, and sage; cook sauce until smooth and slightly thickened, 8–10 minutes.

(The pork portion of the recipe essentially involves pounding some pork chops until they're thin, then breading them with panko and broiling them. I have some thin-cut pork chops I had been planning to grill this weekend, but as I typed this it occurred to me it'd be easier just to make it this way since I won't have to pound them.)