Author Topic: Food and How you Cook/Eat it (2017)  (Read 19796 times)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Food and How you Cook/Eat it (2017)
« Reply #75: February 07, 2017, 01:15:07 PM »
I hit On Rye up near the Verizon Center for a reuben today.  Very nice, the corned beef is as close to literally melting in your mouth as I've had it (I actually like it a bit firmer).  I had seen this place written up in the express, so wanted to try it.  The express write up mentioned their reuben variant, which had portobellos and broccoli.  I had seen that at Nats Park, but did not think much of it.  When I got to the cashier to order my sandwich, I noticed that and I noticed they had the babka ice cream sandwiches, too.  I found out these were the folks in the Norfolk southern club last year.  I don't know if they are going back (the cashier sounded past tense and I didn't ask), but the menu was pretty good deli.  They had a turkey and haroset sandwich that I will try sometime (haroset traditionally is a Passover spread of chopped apples, cinnamon, nuts, a bit of wine for color and taste, and probably some other stuff, too).  Nice take in.  You'll get a bit of change back if you go there with a $20 and get a sandwich and a soft drink.