0 (0%)
The crew that inflates the balls
0 (0%)
Lady Gaga
5 (45.5%)
The TV commercial ads
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: POLL: Who will win the Super Bowl? GDT  (Read 4166 times)

Online skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Re: POLL: Who will win the Super Bowl? GDT
« Reply #125: February 05, 2017, 10:44:46 PM »
OMG!!!!!!!!

Offline slhubic

« Reply #126: February 05, 2017, 10:57:21 PM »
wow !  unbelievable win, for a GREAT team.  the best coach, ever; and, he already was the best quarterback, ever, but now mr. brady may be the greatest player, ever, in sports.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #127: February 05, 2017, 11:07:49 PM »
wow !  unbelievable win, for a GREAT team.  the best coach, ever; and, he already was the best quarterback, ever, but now mr. brady may be the greatest player, ever, in sports.

It's still MJ.

Online imref

« Reply #128: February 05, 2017, 11:08:38 PM »
Can someone unlock the poll so I can change my vote?

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #129: February 05, 2017, 11:25:18 PM »
GOAT!

Online imref

« Reply #131: February 05, 2017, 11:48:59 PM »
time to get ready for baseball

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #132: February 06, 2017, 01:04:47 AM »
Nate Cohn noted that at halftime, atlanta's odds of winning were the same as Hillary Clinton's going into Election Day....

Brady plays the Trump card in the 2nd half

Atlanta's collapse in the second half coincided with all the SMOKE still on the field from the Lady Gaga concert. It reminded them of something...

Online imref

« Reply #133: February 06, 2017, 06:27:46 AM »
Ouch

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #134: February 06, 2017, 08:17:37 AM »
Who said that cheaters never prosper.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #135: February 06, 2017, 08:35:06 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
was waiting for someone to dig that one up.  The next preseason camp after that photo shoot, Matt Light had the entire offensive line pin that picture on their butts so he'd see it his first snap in practice.

Online imref

« Reply #136: February 06, 2017, 10:39:56 AM »
Thinking back to that game yesteday, wow.  I'm not a Pats fan but i'm simply in awe of what they were able to do in the second half.  Five straight scoring drives including two two-point conversions against the defense that was giving Brady fits in the first half.  At some point you just sit back and realize you are witnessing something special.  This was kind of like Elway's late game drives, but repeated multiple times in a row.  And for the second time in three years, bad offensive play calling at crunch time opened the door for the Pats to win a Super Bowl.  Brady was absolutely incredible, as was the play calling in the 2nd half.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #137: February 06, 2017, 10:43:10 AM »
I thought a big under the radar play was the one late in the first half. 21-0. Brady backed up and hit and the ball floated into the air with Falcons around. Somehow Bennett caught it. They go down and get a field goal. If it's 24 or 28-0 at half don't think the Pats could come back.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #138: February 06, 2017, 01:24:39 PM »
thing is, the Pats stopped killing themselves in the 2d half.  The first half, they got that stupid time of possession edge because they had 3 trips inside the 35.  They ended up getting outscored on those possessions 7-3, with the pick six.  The drops were ridiculous, too.  I thought they had dug too deep a hole without a break, but I thought they could move OK against ATL. 

What I don't know is whether Atlanta got a bit to into trying to trade TDs rather than ran the clock.  The 28-12 sack / turnover was on a "we need TDs" kind of play call rather than run and at worst kick a field goal.  It was  3d and 1, I think.  The sack after the Julio Jones inbounds catch was another overly-aggressive call. 

More or less, going into the game, folks thought the Pats would try some ball control with Blount and short passes to keep an explosive offense off the field.  In the 4th quarter, ATL should have been thinking more that way, but, if they are, they may not try the Jones sideline pass :shrug:

Online skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #139: February 06, 2017, 01:29:58 PM »
I'm still stunned at that outcome, just keep thinking "did we really win that?" so crazy, man we Pats fans have been outrageously fortunate for the last 17 years. 

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #140: February 06, 2017, 01:32:03 PM »
I'm still stunned at that outcome, just keep thinking "did we really win that?" so crazy, man we Pats fans have been outrageously fortunate for the last 17 years. 
I'm going to call my brother tonight.  Normally, he's asleep around 9-9:30 and up at 4:30 AM.  I wonder if he went to sleep during Gagatime.

Online skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #141: February 06, 2017, 02:22:43 PM »
I'm going to call my brother tonight.  Normally, he's asleep around 9-9:30 and up at 4:30 AM.  I wonder if he went to sleep during Gagatime.

oh man for his sake I hope not, I'd never forgive myself if I missed that ending! As it was as soon as it was over I had to paack up food for my company and say my goodbyes and I missed most of the trophy presentation and I really wanted to watch that :(

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #142: February 06, 2017, 02:29:10 PM »
I was driving all day yesterday. Missed the whole thing. Walked in moments after the confetti was shot off. Watched the highlights this morning.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #143: February 06, 2017, 03:31:15 PM »
I was driving all day yesterday. Missed the whole thing. Walked in moments after the confetti was shot off. Watched the highlights this morning.

I've only ever missed 1 Super Bowl, it was about 10 years ago and our roof had multiple feet of snow on it, so much that the satellite dish was covered. 

So yes, I remember the Packers over the Chiefs = Max McGee! 

By the way, very entertaining story about the improbable success he had.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/12/29/max-mcgee-green-bay-packers-super-bowl-I

Online imref

« Reply #144: February 06, 2017, 03:46:15 PM »

it all started with a sixth-round draft pick....

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #146: February 06, 2017, 06:27:06 PM »
#HumbleGloat

:)

oh man for his sake I hope not, I'd never forgive myself if I missed that ending! As it was as soon as it was over I had to paack up food for my company and say my goodbyes and I missed most of the trophy presentation and I really wanted to watch that :(

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #147: February 06, 2017, 06:27:38 PM »
It all started at half time when that Bushhhhhhhhhhhh beer commercial covered the sound of balls being deflated.

it all started with a sixth-round draft pick....

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #148: February 07, 2017, 08:40:28 AM »
Talked to him.  He stuck it out until Gostkowski missed the PAT.  Went upstairs, took a shower, flipped on the radio a bit.  Heard enough to know something interesting just happened, so went downstairs to check out what was up.  It was just after the Pats got it to 28-20, so he saw Jones's catch, the sack / penalty, and last two TDs and PAT.  He took the whole Monday off to watch coverage and the sport shows.

Online imref

« Reply #149: February 07, 2017, 11:26:49 AM »
The opening part of the half-time show, with Lady Gaga at the top of the stadium, then diving off, with the drones in the background, was filmed earlier in the week.