Author Topic: MLB & Division Watching (2017)  (Read 58725 times)

Offline HalfSmokes

Re: MLB & Division Watching (2017)
« Reply #600: September 23, 2017, 11:09:47 AM »
If he does it himself, he probably owes them gift baskets

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #601: September 23, 2017, 11:14:01 AM »

:spit:

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #602: September 23, 2017, 11:18:09 AM »
Stuffed with $100 bills.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #603: September 23, 2017, 11:29:09 AM »
File this under just because you are a great athlete doesn't mean you are qualified to actually be in charge of anything category.  No problem with the firings bit at least have the guts to do it yourself.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/20788225/derek-jeter-asks-miami-marlins-fire-4-luminaries

I'm guessing he fired Sampson himself, a direct report to Jeter, or would be once the sale is approved.  It was up to Samson to fire his direct reports. 

I don't have any issue with this at all...it's following the chain of command and was done properly.  Guts has nothing to do with it...ain't nobody got time to fire everybody in the organization...nor should they. 

Offline whytev

« Reply #604: September 23, 2017, 11:35:13 AM »
I'm guessing he fired Sampson himself, a direct report to Jeter, or would be once the sale is approved.  It was up to Samson to fire his direct reports. 

I don't have any issue with this at all...it's following the chain of command and was done properly.  Guts has nothing to do with it...ain't nobody got time to fire everybody in the organization...nor should they.

He doesn't even own it yet. That's bullcrap.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #605: September 23, 2017, 11:43:41 AM »

Sampson is being let go also. Gutless to me to have him do it. Let his successor do it if you want to follow chain of command.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #606: September 23, 2017, 11:50:48 AM »
Sampson is being let go also. Gutless to me to have him do it. Let his successor do it if you want to follow chain of command.

In the first season of House of Cards, Clair had her manager fire half her staff and then after she was done, Clair called her into her office and fired her too. It was an early glimpse of how craven the Underwoods were.

This feels similar

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #607: September 23, 2017, 12:00:39 PM »

I'm surprised Sampson did it- he's already out, might as well let his direct reports collect a few more pay checks

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #608: September 23, 2017, 12:02:19 PM »

"Jeter, after first telling Samson he wouldn't be retained -- which was already presumed -- then asked him to inform the four of the moves, because Jeter didn't want to do it, the Herald reported."

Guts may have nothing to do with it but lack of balls may and if Samson had any, he'd tell Jeter "freak off  ...   I quit today."

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #609: September 23, 2017, 12:29:53 PM »
In the first season of House of Cards, Clair had her manager fire half her staff and then after she was done, Clair called her into her office and fired her too. It was an early glimpse of how craven the Underwoods were.

This feels similar
Yea. It's a cheap trick. Undoubtedly Sampson or someone else in their front office who won't be around long leaked this.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #610: September 23, 2017, 12:30:27 PM »
"Jeter, after first telling Samson he wouldn't be retained -- which was already presumed -- then asked him to inform the four of the moves, because Jeter didn't want to do it, the Herald reported."

Guts may have nothing to do with it but lack of balls may and if Samson had any, he'd tell Jeter "freak off  ...   I quit today."
Yea. Sampson is not a hero in this.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #611: September 23, 2017, 12:31:29 PM »

This feels similar

:lol:    Had a manager one time who's responsibility one day was to layoff 5 or 6 people.     Later that afternoon, they called him out of a meeting and laid him off.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #612: September 23, 2017, 12:43:16 PM »

definitely

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #613: September 23, 2017, 01:20:47 PM »
He doesn't even own it yet. That's bullcrap.

Why is it bullcrap...if Lauria gave him authority, that's all it takes.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #614: September 23, 2017, 01:24:00 PM »

I suppose his severance package had something to do with it...perhaps everything.  It would not be an insignificant amount.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #615: September 23, 2017, 01:25:45 PM »

There is no successor yet...dead wood needs to be chopped...someone needs to wield the ax.  Again...I have no issue with this at all. 

They are dealing with adults...not school kids...

If my boss told me one of my reports had to go...it was up to me to do it.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #616: September 23, 2017, 01:28:01 PM »
Todd Frazier picked off at second last night via the hidden ball trick.

Todd Frazier completely fooled by hidden-ball trick - USA TODAY
https://apple.news/Ayi_mN_X4R-aECB2XCM8XQQ

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #617: September 23, 2017, 01:31:54 PM »
Todd Frazier picked off at second last night via the hidden ball trick.

Todd Frazier completely fooled by hidden-ball trick - USA TODAY
https://apple.news/Ayi_mN_X4R-aECB2XCM8XQQ
Bad week for him.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #618: September 23, 2017, 01:32:42 PM »
There is no successor yet...dead wood needs to be chopped...someone needs to wield the ax.  Again...I have no issue with this at all. 

They are dealing with adults...not school kids...

If my boss told me one of my reports had to go...it was up to me to do it.
Jeter is not his boss yet.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #619: September 23, 2017, 01:37:15 PM »
Jeter is not his boss yet.

He is if Loria said he is.  People report to other people outside of the organization all the time.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #620: September 23, 2017, 01:54:18 PM »
He is if Loria said he is.  People report to other people outside of the organization all the time.

I ain't diputin' that but it must be at a higher level than I ever attained.    :)

Severance doesn't account for lack of balls.     I was advised in July of '12 that my job was being eliminated on October 1.    About half way through the process, I got a call from an electrician (management) at our main facility.    We were at an offsite location  ....   maybe 40 miles from the main "campus".    The electrician wanted to transform the electrical system, which was wired primarily for mainframe peripherals, to a more traditional layout.    He wanted me to document the grid.    I sent him a picture of a plug.    He called and said, "I need more."    I told him that would require his presence.    I told him, "Look, I got a sentence of death by hangin'.    It doesn't matter whether I build the gallows or not."      I have not spoken to him since that day.    I'm sure he "reported" me to the VP.     My bet is the VP simply shook his head and asked him, "When you drivin' down to map the grid?"   

Got my severance.     :)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #621: September 23, 2017, 02:04:01 PM »
Got my severance.     :)

Was it seven figures left of the decimal?   ;)

Offline mitlen

« Reply #622: September 23, 2017, 02:04:55 PM »
Was it seven figures left of the decimal?   ;)

It was in my neighborhood.     :)

This is where spider posts the "Last Great Act of Defiance" poster:

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=34328.3275;msg=1840632

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #623: September 23, 2017, 02:23:41 PM »
It was in my neighborhood.     :)

This is where spider posts the "Last Great Act of Defiance" poster:

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=34328.3275;msg=1840632

:crackup:

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #624: September 23, 2017, 02:35:17 PM »
If Jeter is going to make moves before taking over officially it should be to steal FP from MASN. Whatever it takes.