Author Topic: MLB & Division Watching (2017)  (Read 58543 times)

Offline dcpatti

Re: MLB & Division Watching (2017)
« Reply #150: May 03, 2017, 08:23:31 AM »
It's a DUMP.  Nothing wrong with replacing it with a newer park but keeping the characteristics that make it unique.  Why not tear it down and rebuild it on the same spot?  Play a year in a different park while it's being built?

Baseball is so beholden to tradition that they constantly trip over their own dicks while other sports pass them by....

Because they could never build to modern building codes without losing capacity if they wanted to build on the same site (and I can't think of a single good reason to leave that site). Within the last few years, they had at least part of the lower seating level declared as a historic site which makes them exempt from ADA, certain fire codes, etc. And while I'm not sure if that was the motivation behind the historic status, I don't think anyone in the Sox office complained. They're selling out their season plans and consistently ranking in the top 5 in paid attendance even in down years, even with one of the smallest ballparks; they're not going to want to lose a single seat by having to create pesky things like aisles and wheelchair ramps.