Author Topic: Lerners are Cheap - 2017  (Read 26546 times)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Re: Lerners are Cheap - 2017
« Reply #400: August 12, 2017, 11:01:24 AM »
And they conveniently forgot to pass on the decision? 

If you just look at it from a business perspective would they consciously take the risk of alienating their fans for a few more minutes of selling food and drinks?

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #401: August 12, 2017, 11:11:00 AM »
If you just look at it from a business perspective would they take consciously the risk of alienating their fans for a few more minutes of selling food and drinks?

It makes total sense if you believe the fans will come back regardless of what you do.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #402: August 12, 2017, 11:40:52 AM »
Is the policy for no rain checks for seats sold on StubHub new? Up until now I thought that the rain check goes back to the seller.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #403: August 12, 2017, 11:48:07 AM »
Gotcha.  Do you know of any place that has all these procedures in one spot?  I'd be curious to know more about it.

It's all in the Collective Bargaining Agreement which  is like 400 pages and kudos to anyone who can get through it all http://www.mlbplayers.com/pdf9/5450407.pdf

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #404: August 12, 2017, 11:49:24 AM »
It makes total sense if you believe the fans will come back regardless of what you do.

What business in the world thinks that fans will come back at the same rate no matter what they do? It's just not common business sense.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #405: August 12, 2017, 12:20:20 PM »
Is the policy for no rain checks for seats sold on StubHub new? Up until now I thought that the rain check goes back to the seller.

It’s been like that for a while I think. At least in other MLB parks I’ve bought tickets for and for the Nats for at least 3 years.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #406: August 12, 2017, 12:22:53 PM »
What business in the world thinks that fans will come back at the same rate no matter what they do? It's just no common business sense.

I’m saying if the Nats have evidence that in the past it hasn’t affected ticket sales when they do crap like this, then it makes perfect sense to try to make a few more ducats out of a rain delay.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #407: August 12, 2017, 01:15:21 PM »
I’m saying if the Nats have evidence that in the past it hasn’t affected ticket sales when they do crap like this, then it makes perfect sense to try to make a few more ducats out of a rain delay.

It doesn't work like you think it does.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #408: August 12, 2017, 02:05:48 PM »

It really doesn't though because people stop buying and you end up paying your whole staff to stand around and not bring in any revenue.  The lines at the concession stands get pretty much non-existent after the first hour or so of the delay. Even the lines for freer beer and food in the Diamond Club will dissipate. People get full and don't want any more, they run out of money, they get tired and go home.  They're not maximizing profits by keeping fans hanging around.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #409: August 12, 2017, 02:11:34 PM »
I get the drift from the comments (no profit in it for 'em, etc.) that management simply doesn't care about the in-house/stadium fan.
I don't believe in reoccurring coincidences.    There's a trend over the last several rain delays, maybe longer, of not getting timely information to the fan at the Park.     Regardless of which entity controls the game  ...  Nats or MLB   ...    it needs to improve.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #410: August 12, 2017, 02:39:40 PM »
The point of what I was saying is that no matter what the reason the Nats treated us all badly and we will all likely be watching on TV or in the park tonight. And that is the reason the Nats take us for granted.
And it doesn’t matter if it was incompetence that they chose not to fix after the last rain delay or a desire to extract more concession money, the cause was the same. Contempt for the fans. And if they though it would have significant effect on ticket sales, they would have fixed it.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #411: August 12, 2017, 04:41:55 PM »
Next thing the Lerner apologists are going to claim is that the ballpark stayed open so that the hourly employees could collect their full six hours on the clock. How very generous.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #412: August 12, 2017, 05:38:27 PM »
The point of what I was saying is that no matter what the reason the Nats treated us all badly and we will all likely be watching on TV or in the park tonight. And that is the reason the Nats take us for granted.
And it doesn’t matter if it was incompetence that they chose not to fix after the last rain delay or a desire to extract more concession money, the cause was the same. Contempt for the fans. And if they though it would have significant effect on ticket sales, they would have fixed it.

Winning teams sell tickets, but I wonder if people will remember this crap when it comes to renewing during the inevitable rebuild