Author Topic: Washington Redskins thread (2017) -Let's Win the Next Offseason!  (Read 33015 times)

Offline Natsinpwc

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
I mean, I think that they'd still win a few games, but didn't Cousins beat the franchise record in 2015, then beat his own franchise record in 2016?

What records are you referencing?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

I guess I'm stuck with this stupid avatar for another 10 days...  :roll:

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Total passing yards.

I'm not saying that's the end-all stat, but there's no chance McCoy could even come close.

What records are you referencing?

Offline spidernat

:lmao: 

You're a man of your word though. :clap:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net

What was the original wager?

Offline spidernat

Total passing yards.

Jerome Bettis, Curtis Martin and Frank Gore eclipsed Jim Brown's total rushing yards. That doesn't mean crap.

The way they throw the ball in today's game it would be shameful not to have set those team records considering how low the team's records were to being with. Look at yards per attempt and especially at the difference in the number of times Mark Rypien threw the ball in 1991 to see how the records stack up. Also, his TD percentage (especially in the red zone) was not as impressive as some of the Cousins fanbois made it out to be.

I'm not saying that's the end-all stat, but there's no chance McCoy could even come close.

You don't actually know that, especially when you say he couldn't even come close. I'm not saying he could do the same but I'm having a difficult time accepting that Cousins should get the type of money he wants. I know the market demands a certain price and it basically has teams bending over for QB's and I have an issue with that. Osweiler and Smith are raping their respective teams with their contracts and those two aren't worth half of what they make (I think Cousins is worth the money those two are getting but not much more than that). A lot of people look at the stats and fantasy points Cousins has put up and see the records he has broken but fail to see that the team was inadequate in the red zone because of him. And they lost a couple of games because of how many times they had to settle for FG's in red zone possessions.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
What was the original wager?

Bears/Skins loser had to use the other avatar for the rest of the season...I lost this bet 2 years running now...

Offline spidernat

Bears/Skins loser had to use the other avatar for the rest of the 2017 season...I lost this bet 2 years running now...

:D

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Offline spidernat

We came very near to meeting again next season so you dodged a bullet on that one.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
We came very near to meeting again next season so you dodged a bullet on that one.

:phew:

Offline Natsinpwc

Bet should not have counted because the Bears were clearly tanking this year.

Offline HalfSmokes

Jerome Bettis, Curtis Martin and Frank Gore eclipsed Jim Brown's total rushing yards. That doesn't mean crap.

The way they throw the ball in today's game it would be shameful not to have set those team records considering how low the team's records were to being with. Look at yards per attempt and especially at the difference in the number of times Mark Rypien threw the ball in 1991 to see how the records stack up. Also, his TD percentage (especially in the red zone) was not as impressive as some of the Cousins fanbois made it out to be.

You don't actually know that, especially when you say he couldn't even come close. I'm not saying he could do the same but I'm having a difficult time accepting that Cousins should get the type of money he wants. I know the market demands a certain price and it basically has teams bending over for QB's and I have an issue with that. Osweiler and Smith are raping their respective teams with their contracts and those two aren't worth half of what they make (I think Cousins is worth the money those two are getting but not much more than that). A lot of people look at the stats and fantasy points Cousins has put up and see the records he has broken but fail to see that the team was inadequate in the red zone because of him. And they lost a couple of games because of how many times they had to settle for FG's in red zone possessions.

Kirk is going to get what he wants because good QBs are rare and almost never hit the market; markets determine fair contracts. The redskins needed their prove it year and it painted them into a corner. People were saying this would happen last year when they let him play on the tag.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Cousins seems a lot like Andy Dalton and paying him like Dalton isn't reasonable to me. Our GM found Russell Wilson or at least pulled the trigger on drafting him and I like how he has drafted so far. I hate the idea of starting over again but Scotty wants his people I imagine and I imagine he'll make the best moves he can.

I would love to see the Niners go full retard and trade us the #2 for Cousins but lets be honest, not happening :lol:
I'd also like to see Fournette toting the rock for us next year but that's not likely either and would be a luxury pick that needs to go elsewhere. Now with the safety from OSU recovering from surgery and being out 6mos, that might be an option. Would definitely help a little.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Great news: Redskins radio broadcasts moving to WMAL-FM-105.9 with effect from this coming season. (Years ago they had been on WMAL AM--630 for ages.)

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Oh goodie ... now I can listen to Larry Michael in FM ....  :|

Offline HalfSmokes

has Cooley been fired yet for calling the GM a drunk?

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
has Cooley been fired yet for calling the GM a drunk?
No, because Cooley is "in" with ownership. I'm sure his time off will be told as "previously on the books"

Honestly, if McCloughan is drinking again, Allen and Snyder should give him total control of everything. Last time he started drinking he ended up building a Super Bowl team.

Offline GburgNatsFan

:clap:
No, because Cooley is "in" with ownership. I'm sure his time off will be told as "previously on the books"

Honestly, if McCloughan is drinking again, Allen and Snyder should give him total control of everything. Last time he started drinking he ended up building a Super Bowl team.

Offline GburgNatsFan

I think whatever he does, Allen is done with him. Bruce Allen is one of those guys who thinks that because he was once involved with a winning team, he knows more than anyone else.

Cousins seems a lot like Andy Dalton and paying him like Dalton isn't reasonable to me. Our GM found Russell Wilson or at least pulled the trigger on drafting him and I like how he has drafted so far. I hate the idea of starting over again but Scotty wants his people I imagine and I imagine he'll make the best moves he can.

I would love to see the Niners go full retard and trade us the #2 for Cousins but lets be honest, not happening :lol:
I'd also like to see Fournette toting the rock for us next year but that's not likely either and would be a luxury pick that needs to go elsewhere. Now with the safety from OSU recovering from surgery and being out 6mos, that might be an option. Would definitely help a little.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

:clap:

Reminds me of the quote by Lincoln about Grant.

Offline GburgNatsFan

This might be insider information. What did Lincoln say to you?

Reminds me of the quote of Lincoln about Grant.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
This might be insider information. What did Lincoln say to you?

We were in the telegraph office at the War Department.    Stanton had gone home for the day and we were discussing Grant's drinking problem.    Abe said something to the effect that if Grant has a drinking problem, he'd like to send his brand of whiskey to every general in the Union Army.

Offline Natsinpwc

We were in the telegraph office at the War Department.    Stanton had gone home for the day and we were discussing Grant's drinking problem.    Abe said something to the effect that if Grant has a drinking problem, he'd like to send his brand of whiskey to every general in the Union Army.
Was Lincoln's wife as wacky as they say?