Author Topic: Washington Redskins thread (2017) -Let's Win the Next Offseason!  (Read 32966 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
So Slate, how did you folks make out at the occupy Redskins Park protest this morning?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
So Slate, how did you folks make out at the occupy Redskins Park protest this morning?

Did you hear the bit on 106.7 where the guy was approaching 'skins' Park to apply for the GM position?    Could have been Slate.    Security cut him off before he even got to the "gate".     

Offline spidernat

Did you hear the bit on 106.7 where the guy was approaching 'skins' Park to apply for the GM position?    Could have been Slate.    Security cut him off before he even got to the "gate".     

:crackup:  No I did not hear that. But I hope it wasn't zimm_da_kid.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
So I'm guessing that the fade route is still going to be in the Playbook?

Offline Slateman

Naw, I have a job

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Offline spidernat

Pryor is a good signing.

NFL NETWORK ANALYST MIKE MAYOCK REPORTEDLY A CANDIDATE FOR REDSKINS GM JOB

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/nfl-network-analyst-mike-mayock-reportedly-candidate-redskins-gm-job

:doh: That sounds just like a Dan Snyder thing to do. I wonder if he's going to give Mel Kiper and Todd McShay interviews.

They're probably going to end up "elevating" Doug Williams to the position of GM. :hang:

Offline Slateman

Offline GuyFromCO

Mayock was actually an intelligent scout before taking NFLN gig. I still listen to his opinions. He's a mile ahead of Kiper/McShay. Is he a NFL GM though? Probably shouldn't be.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Mayock was actually an intelligent scout before taking NFLN gig. I still listen to his opinions. He's a mile ahead of Kiper/McShay. Is he a NFL GM though? Probably shouldn't be.

My 14 year old cat, who licks her own ass and fights with her own reflection, is a better talent evaluator and analyst than Kiper or McShay. Mike Mayock was ok a couple of years ago but now he's as bad as the rest of the dipcrap NFL "talent evaluators" that are taking agent kickbacks to talk up future draft busts. 

Offline GuyFromCO

My 14 year old cat, who licks her own ass and fights with her own reflection, is a better talent evaluator and analyst than Kiper or McShay. Mike Mayock was ok a couple of years ago but now he's as bad as the rest of the dipcrap NFL "talent evaluators" that are taking agent kickbacks to talk up future draft busts.

That's why I said pre-NFLN. Those freakers have to get their ratings and turn the draft into a $$$ making cow too. I also didn't say I think he'd make a good GM

Offline UMDNats

what competent GM candidate would take that job? Any good candidate who currently has a job probably is working for a good organization and can either leap at this turd job or wait for another opening where he actually has control. The only people interested are retreads looking for another shot at the game or lackeys who just want a shot.

Offline Slateman

what competent GM candidate would take that job? Any good candidate who currently has a job probably is working for a good organization and can either leap at this turd job or wait for another opening where he actually has control. The only people interested are retreads looking for another shot at the game or lackeys who just want a shot.

None. This isn't a GM job. This is a senior scout/yes man job. Which is why it's Mayock, who has never seen the business side of being a GM, but only done talent evaluation. Could be become one? Perhaps, but not in DC.

Offline Slateman

So ....

Allen decided at the "new league year" that he had to fire McCloughan.

Allen talks with Cousins all the time about his "dreams and visions"

Redskins gave Stacy McGee as much guaranteed money as Chris Baker got from Tampa Bay.

Did I miss anything?

Offline HalfSmokes

So ....

Allen decided at the "new league year" that he had to fire McCloughan.

Allen talks with Cousins all the time about his "dreams and visions"

Redskins gave Stacy McGee as much guaranteed money as Chris Baker got from Tampa Bay.

Did I miss anything?

They're still winning off the field?

Offline Slateman

I don't think we are any more :(

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Sigh. Well, I'm glad McCloughan is barking back. The words attributed to Allen sound just the way I would expect him to sound.

I hope Scot got paid.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2700852-michael-robinson-says-scot-mccloughan-felt-the-hate-from-bruce-allen

Worst. Franchise. Ever.

Offline Slateman

IMHO, Cousins has all the money he will ever need. Now he wants to play with a good organization. He'll never sign here long term.
Won't say never, but I really don't see why he'd want to. Franchise is a crap show. Ownership kept him benched when he was clearly better. Then they fired the GM that wanted to negotiate. Then they assassinated his character. Why the freak would he want to? And if he did, you're going to have to overpay him.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
All of this.

Won't say never, but I really don't see why he'd want to. Franchise is a crap show. Ownership kept him benched when he was clearly better. Then they fired the GM that wanted to negotiate. Then they assassinated his character. Why the freak would he want to? And if he did, you're going to have to overpay him.

Offline Slateman

Draft tonight

Also, Skins signed Morgan Moses to a five year extension, making him the second highest paid RT in football.