Author Topic: Deaths of Famous People (2017)  (Read 23557 times)

Offline Mathguy

• Whoa That Was A Good One ! Poke His Brain Here !
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Re: Deaths of Famous People (2017)
« Reply #25: January 26, 2017, 05:05:22 AM »
There were so many great scenes in that movie that one couldn't get up to go to the rest room for fear of missing something.  i have to admit - I thought I was watching my mother.  But Mary was also playing the role of many mothers in the post WWII era

(Image removed from quote.)
Ordinary People (1980) was Mary Tyler Moore's career breakout from the personality of her other two famous roles as Laura Petrie on The Dick Van Dyke Show and Mary Richards on The Mary Tyler Moore Show. Moore's complex performance as a cold mother and wife obtained an Oscar nomination for Best Actress. She won the Best Actress Golden Globe for that role. The film won Academy awards for Best Picture, Best Director (Robert Redford's directing debut), Best Supporting Actor (Timothy Hutton's debut film), and Best Adapted Screenplay.

For anyone with Comcast/Xfinity, the Movieplex channel has 175 FREE movies On Demand. Ordinary People is available to watch on Movieplex On Demand until Feb 28, 2017. (I don't know if that's a free channel on other cable TV providers.)