Author Topic: Bryce is a Cowboys fan?!?  (Read 1835 times)

Offline _sturt_

• "Le Grande Orange"...Colt 45/Astro/Expo(Nat) Great
Bryce is a Cowboys fan?!?
« Topic Start: December 26, 2016, 03:47:23 PM »

Offline houston-nat

Re: Bryce is a Cowboys fan?!?
« Reply #1: December 26, 2016, 04:01:11 PM »
Am I supposed to become a Cowboys fan? I'm not feelin' it ;)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #3: December 26, 2016, 04:30:47 PM »
I hope they beat Detroit.  I hate teams that play in domes and playoff games at Lambaugh are great.
Am I supposed to become a Cowboys fan? I'm not feelin' it ;)

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #4: December 26, 2016, 06:04:00 PM »
I hope they beat Detroit.  I hate teams that play in domes and playoff games at Lambaugh are great.
Isn't Jerry World a dome also. And in the south.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #5: December 27, 2016, 07:11:08 AM »
He's a bandwagon fan. Of course he's a Cowboys fan.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #6: December 27, 2016, 08:38:26 AM »

Another reason to trade him while he still has some value.

Offline dracnal

« Reply #7: December 27, 2016, 09:23:41 AM »

He was a known Cowboys fan before he signed with the Nats. He continues to be one. He grew up in LV, so his natural choices are the Cardinals, something in CA, the Broncos, or the Cowboys.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #8: December 27, 2016, 09:28:55 AM »
He was a known Cowboys fan before he signed with the Nats. He continues to be one. He grew up in LV, so his natural choices are the Cardinals, something in CA, the Broncos, or the Cowboys.

Isn't he the classic cowboys, Yankees, lakers?

Offline dracnal

« Reply #9: December 27, 2016, 09:37:52 AM »
Isn't he the classic cowboys, Yankees, lakers?

Two of three for sure. Can't say about the Lakers cause I don't pay much attention to the NBA. Don't think it's all that different from anyone who grows up in a town without a major sports team though...

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #10: December 27, 2016, 02:48:42 PM »
Yep. I remember (I think it was somewhere in here) around his rookie season someone posted a picture of him in a Cowboys ball cap. Everyone was like WTF? ON the record I think he had mentioned being a Yank..ees (man hard to type that sometimes) fan growing up. He probably wants to finish his career as a Damn Yank. Hopefully I"ll get a ring or two here in DC before moving on to the Dark Side.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #11: December 27, 2016, 02:54:46 PM »
Two of three for sure. Can't say about the Lakers cause I don't pay much attention to the NBA. Don't think it's all that different from anyone who grows up in a town without a major sports team though...

He's a Laker and Duke fan too. UNLV fans were not impressed when he rooted for Duke at their game last month.

Hasn't he called out the DC fans for not cheering enough for the Nats? Not a lot of self awareness going on there.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #12: December 27, 2016, 03:07:37 PM »

Hasn't he called out the DC fans for not cheering enough for the Nats?

Brutal...

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #13: December 28, 2016, 12:22:01 AM »
Might recognize the hypocrisy if he were a Cowboy fan calling out DC Skins fans.

*Soapbox alert*

The premise seems to be that one "ought" to support the team closest to where s/he lives. Some of us reject that idea. It's a narrative that local ownership forwards, and even just outright assumes the locals have no choice but to support the business they operate. It's unfortunately a correct assumption that they will (ie, support), though from a pure consumerism point of view, it sure would be better if we got away from that so that ownership of teams couldn't be so smug. Entertainment, of whatever kind, is a consumer choice that each of us are fully sovereign to decide for ourselves individually.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #14: December 28, 2016, 01:22:18 AM »
Might recognize the hypocrisy if he were a Cowboy fan calling out DC Skins fans.

*Soapbox alert*

The premise seems to be that one "ought" to support the team closest to where s/he lives. Some of us reject that idea. It's a narrative that local ownership forwards, and even just outright assumes the locals have no choice but to support the business they operate. It's unfortunately a correct assumption that they will (ie, support), though from a pure consumerism point of view, it sure would be better if we got away from that so that ownership of teams couldn't be so smug. Entertainment, of whatever kind, is a consumer choice that each of us are fully sovereign to decide for ourselves individually.
I agree with this, I think though when your fave team in each sport is usually one of the best in that sport (Duke, Yankees, Cowboys although I don't think they've been good in Bryce's lifetime have they?) you're viewed as kind of a front runner or band Waggoner.

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #15: December 28, 2016, 01:22:25 PM »
Point well-taken.

Especially b/c I innocently happened to pick Craig Morton out of a pack of football cards at 7 years old, and anointed him my favorite player and thus began my Cowboys allegiance... but, growing up in WV, I routinely had to defend that notion that I was one of those bandwagon people. (Of course, all doubt was removed once I said, "I'm also an Astros fan.".... hehe... )

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #16: December 28, 2016, 01:26:38 PM »
I agree with this, I think though when your fave team in each sport is usually one of the best in that sport (Duke, Yankees, Cowboys although I don't think they've been good in Bryce's lifetime have they?) you're viewed as kind of a front runner or band Waggoner.

On the other end of that, I brought my Steelers' youth to DC with me in the early 70s (before the Super Bowl things).    I was a fan when they absolutely sucked (50s and 60s).    Several years ago, I had a Steelers' hoodie on.    One of the locals called me a "front runner".     I mean, what do ya say?

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #17: December 28, 2016, 01:38:10 PM »
It's entirely appropriate that you should have had to defend your Cowboys fandom. It's un-natural. :poke:

Point well-taken.

Especially b/c I innocently happened to pick Craig Morton out of a pack of football cards at 7 years old, and anointed him my favorite player and thus began my Cowboys allegiance... but, growing up in WV, I routinely had to defend that notion that I was one of those bandwagon people. (Of course, all doubt was removed once I said, "I'm also an Astros fan.".... hehe... )

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #18: December 28, 2016, 02:03:08 PM »
(hehe)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #19: December 28, 2016, 07:20:49 PM »
skins fans come and go, but hating the cow patties is forever.