Author Topic: Danny Espinosa traded to the Angels for two minor league pitchers  (Read 13823 times)

Offline Trea Burner

Espinosa with the 9th inning go ahead 3 run HR for Angels. He will probably hit another one tonight, then go 0-16 with 13Ks.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Espinosa with the 9th inning go ahead 3 run HR for Angels. He will probably hit another one tonight, then go 0-16 with 13Ks.
We have our AL-only 4x4 roto auction this weekend in my dynasty league.  I'll let you know what the bidding is.

Offline nats2playoffs

Danny Espinosa was busy as the director of the movie Life, now in theaters.  ;)

Offline Truconfidence

so far that is his only hit 1-8 3ks

Offline aspenbubba

Now that is the Danny we know

Offline dshawg77

I saw PowerBoater crying about this on Twitter this AM saying Rizzo screwed up by trading him.

Offline RiotAct

I saw PowerBoater crying about this on Twitter this AM saying Rizzo screwed up by trading him.
:lol: :|

Offline Optics

Espi always had those ~2 week stretches where he'd show incredible power. You swing as hard and as recklessly as he does, every once in a while you'll make contact and smash it. As they say, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Offline madj55

Espi always had those ~2 week stretches where he'd show incredible power. You swing as hard and as recklessly as he does, every once in a while you'll make contact and smash it. As they say, even a broken clock is right twice a day.
He has changed his stance and his swing looks a little more under control to me, but he's still gonna K at a very high rate.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Can we move this to out of town scoreboard?               :rant:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Can we move this to out of town scoreboard?               :rant:

:blah:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Danny currently .130 / .200 / .261 / .461 with 9K's in 23AB's...  :hysterical:

Yunel, OTOH, is .414 / .452/  .586 / 1.038 with 3K's in 31 AB's, while Ant'ny is even worse than Danny at .120 / .185 / .120 / .305 with 8K's in 25AB's  :(

Offline dcpatti

Tony will be fine. He started slow last year too.
Yunel will continue to put up a great batting average, but will also continue to be a double-play machine every time he doesn't reach base. That guy is the opposite of clutch. He's anti-clutch.  I love his shennanigans. I love how he calls himself safe and how he got thrown out for drawing a diagram of the strike zone in the dirt at 3B, but I do not miss his very poorly timed GIDP's.

Offline whytev

Danny currently .130 / .200 / .261 / .461 with 9K's in 23AB's...  :hysterical:

Yunel, OTOH, is .414 / .452/  .586 / 1.038 with 3K's in 31 AB's, while Ant'ny is even worse than Danny at .120 / .185 / .120 / .305 with 8K's in 25AB's  :(

For the last time, we spent Yunel's money on Murphy. Please never do this again unless you include Murphy's stat line.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
For the last time, we spent Yunel's money on Murphy. Please never do this again unless you include Murphy's stat line.

For the last time...what burns me up is that we didn't get crap for the guy.  Capisce?

Offline whytev

For the last time...what burns me up is that we didn't get crap for the guy.  Capisce?

We got rid of his contract! That's worth free. If Gott gets even one out this year, worth it.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
We got rid of his contract! That's worth free. If Gott gets even one out this year, worth it.

Team friendly contracts for a .300+ hitter aren't hard to "Get rid of."  Gott did nothing last year...and he's not even on the radar in 2017...

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Team friendly contracts for a .300+ hitter aren't hard to "Get rid of."  Gott did nothing last year...and he's not even on the radar in 2017...

We got Murphy because of it.

Anyway, now hitting .229

Offline GuyFromCO

VARK being VARK

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
We got Murphy because of it.

Anyway, now hitting .229

That is a stretch...Even for you...Especially since Rizzo was gonna trade for Brandon Phillips.

Any chance you are 6 steps removed from Kevin Bacon?   :P

...And it's .366...

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
It's a verb now. "I was going to make reasonable comparisons, but decided to vark instead." :poke:

VARK being VARK

Offline whytev

That is a stretch...Even for you...Especially since Rizzo was gonna trade for Brandon Phillips.

Any chance you are 6 steps removed from Kevin Bacon?   :P

...And it's .366...

If your man had been willing to just do what Asdrubal did and nail 2nd base, we'd still have him.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
If your man had been willing to just do what Asdrubal did and nail 2nd base, we'd still have him.

Once again...You totally miss the point...

Online HalfSmokes

Can't we just leave this thread celebrating Espinosa's absence?