Author Topic: Anyone going to the game? Any chance metro will extend?  (Read 2954 times)

Offline jensgt

Yes, but the difference is that Nats Park was not designed to have sufficient parking for nearly everyone to drive.  The team and Metro explicitly tried to push people to use Metro for Nats games for years after the park opened.  It seems an easy temporary solution would be to run bus shuttles from the RFK lots and use those as overflow parking.  Team could rent Lot 8 for the night and charge 5 or 10 dollars to park.

YES THIS.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
if the circulator is running, you can park up near Union station and take the bus.  My inclination might be to bikeshare back to my office and just crash over night.  I hope the roaches don't mind me visiting during their hours.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Hopefully their team will have lost
My inclination might be to bikeshare back to my office and just crash over night.  I hope the roaches don't mind me visiting during their hours.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Heard some rumour on WTOP radio this morning that Metro might relent if the Nats go deeper into the post-season - but I wouldn't bet the rent/mortgage money on it, not with the Federal Transit Administration (who have already threatened to shut the system down cold at least once) breathing down Metro's neck.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
Silly statement.  Kauffman shares a lot with the football stadium and it's HUUUUUGGGGEEEE.  I drove to a Nats game in Philly no problems.  Huge lot, free parking.  I'd drive to a Nats game too.  I'm not paying $50-60 to park somewhere on principal.  lol. 

Yup, it's also out in the middle of bumfreak nowhere, not in Downtown KC (Misery or Kansas side...). Nice try though. Metro should be open and running. Bastards.

Offline loshjott

I usually park in the lot on S. Capitol St. under the freeway. Planning on doing that tonight, arriving at least 90 min before game time. Any idea if that will work? I don't think it is an official Nats lot.

Offline miller10

For the Springsteen concert, we arrived 2 hours early (we had a parking pass) and it was an absolute zoo.  90 minutes early would be the latest I would plan to arrive (if I was paying at the gate).  You can go online and prepay for parking at all of the non-Nats lots and I would advise that.

Offline bk1998

Silly statement.  Kauffman shares a lot with the football stadium and it's HUUUUUGGGGEEEE.  I drove to a Nats game in Philly no problems.  Huge lot, free parking.  I'd drive to a Nats game too.  I'm not paying $50-60 to park somewhere on principal.  lol.

"I don't want to pay market price for parking."  Check.

"I don't want to have to potentially wait for a cab or uber."  Check.

"I don't want to share a ride with someone else."  Check.

Clearly, this is all WMATA's fault.

Offline bk1998

You going to the game?

That's the plan.  I'm going to take Metro there and Uber home.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
How much would an Uber be from Denver?

Offline bk1998

How much would an Uber be from Denver?

Market price, duh.   :)

Offline loshjott

For the Springsteen concert, we arrived 2 hours early (we had a parking pass) and it was an absolute zoo.  90 minutes early would be the latest I would plan to arrive (if I was paying at the gate).  You can go online and prepay for parking at all of the non-Nats lots and I would advise that.

Thanks, for this particular lot I don't see a way to reserve in advance. I did get a spot via Parking Panda a bit further away. New listing for $31 right near Ft. McNair.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Honestly, I don't see why they should. They are trying to solve a *much* bigger problem. They should stick to their plan.

Heard some rumour on WTOP radio this morning that Metro might relent if the Nats go deeper into the post-season - but I wouldn't bet the rent/mortgage money on it, not with the Federal Transit Administration (who have already threatened to shut the system down cold at least once) breathing down Metro's neck.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I usually park in the lot on S. Capitol St. under the freeway. Planning on doing that tonight, arriving at least 90 min before game time. Any idea if that will work? I don't think it is an official Nats lot.
you may need to go private and not through the Nats. 

Offline GburgNatsFan

I've never parked there, but some would say make sure you are walking in a group after dark.  That shouldn't be a problem, as that lot will sell out. It did for game 2.

Thanks, for this particular lot I don't see a way to reserve in advance. I did get a spot via Parking Panda a bit further away. New listing for $31 right near Ft. McNair.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Hampton Inn still has some suites if you don't mind dropping four bills.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
If you're military, dod civilian, retired military, or law enforcement-- park at navy yard.  It's free..

I see some people coming out Ft. McNair so that might be the right option for the right folks.

Offline Natsinpwc

Haven't done in a while but used to park near the Lenfant metro stop and 7th and Maryland. Those meters used to only run to 6:30. A little farther north the meters run till later. That's walkable back after the game although I would recommend walking in a  group and sticking on Maine and 6th or 7th streets.

Offline jensgt

"I don't want to pay market price for parking."  Check.

"I don't want to have to potentially wait for a cab or uber."  Check.

"I don't want to share a ride with someone else."  Check.

Clearly, this is all WMATA's fault.

60 bucks is BS.  I'd wait fir an uber but I read it could be a couple hours and I have a toddler who will wake me up at 6am.  I'd gladly share a ride, I just found a different option. 

Sorry I live in the real world where I can't just throw money away and stay out until 3am at a bar. lol

Offline GburgNatsFan

He's not going to the game. He's just talking about people that *are* going to the game.

60 bucks is BS.  I'd wait fir an uber but I read it could be a couple hours and I have a toddler who will wake me up at 6am.  I'd gladly share a ride, I just found a different option. 

Sorry I live in the real world where I can't just throw money away and stay out until 3am at a bar. lol

Offline RobDibblesGhost

We'll see. If they do move on, the games next Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday have all been announced as 8:08 starts.

Offline bk1998

He's not going to the game. He's just talking about people that *are* going to the game.

Come again?  Where'd you get that info?

Offline GburgNatsFan

You are going?  My mistake.

Come again?  Where'd you get that info?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
We'll see. If they do move on, the games next Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday have all been announced as 8:08 starts.

Of course...Cub games...

Offline dcpatti

If anyone needs a ride from Bethesda/Rockville/NW DC, I know of a carpool with 2 free spots in it.