Author Topic: NL Division Series: Nationals vs Dodgers, Game 2  (Read 31293 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
NL Division Series: Nationals vs Dodgers, Game 2
« Topic Start: October 08, 2016, 06:43:44 AM »
Game time:   1:08

FS1
106.7  The Fan

(MASN pre and post game shows one hour before and one hour after the game)

NATS

CF   Trea Turner (R)
RF   Bryce Harper (L)
LF   Jayson Werth (R)
2B   Daniel Murphy (L)
3B   Anthony Rendon (R)
1B   Ryan Zimmerman (R)
SS   Danny Espinosa (S)
C     Jose Lobaton (S)
P     Tanner Roark (R)

Dodgers

2B  Chase Utley (L)
SS  Corey Seager (L)
3B  Justin Turner (R)
1B  Adrian Gonzalez (L)
RF  Josh Reddick (L)
CF  Joc Pederson (L)
C   Yasmani Grandal (S)
LF  Andrew Toles (L)
P   Rich Hill (L)

LAD: Rich Hill (L)  (12-5, 2.12)
WAS: Tanner Roark (R)  (16-10, 2.83) 

Weather from WTOP:

"The D.C. metro area will get some light rain early morning, turning windy into Sunday afternoon with gusts to 30 mph. Higher gusts to 45 mph are possible east of I-95. It will become sunny by noontime, with afternoon highs in the mid to upper 60s."

Offline MorseTheHorse

Re: NL Division Series: Nationals vs Dodgers, Game 2
« Reply #1: October 08, 2016, 10:14:46 AM »
I wonder if Severino gets the start

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #2: October 08, 2016, 10:32:15 AM »
I hope so. Have a more positive feeling about today than yesterday. We have our ace going.

Offline NatNasty

« Reply #3: October 08, 2016, 10:40:59 AM »
Feeling pretty good about this one.  Need to hit the liquor store and refuel after last night's debacle.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #4: October 08, 2016, 11:03:11 AM »

Dusty strongly hinted yesterday that Lobaton starts. I think Loby is 3-3 career against Hill.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #5: October 08, 2016, 11:15:50 AM »
Hill gave up 2 in 6ip in his last start. We can get to him.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #6: October 08, 2016, 12:15:31 PM »
Capital Weather Gang saying start time delay "more likely than not."

I'm too lazy to retype this from the team's Twitter feed.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #7: October 08, 2016, 12:23:06 PM »
Need Tanner to repeat his last performance against the Dodgers

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #8: October 08, 2016, 12:27:37 PM »
GET SOME

Offline natbomber

• In baseball, you don’t know nothing
« Reply #9: October 08, 2016, 12:30:07 PM »
Yesterday was super deflating, but we're still in this. Hoping for a big win today.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I thought Lobaton couldn't swing right handed?  Severino looked pretty good last night.  Also, I really don't think that pushing both Rendon and Murphy out of the top 3 let's your best hitters get the most PAs.  I get that maybe putting Bryce 2d makes some sense now with his OBP being the most effective part of his game right now (and the inner sabre nerd likes my #2 hitter to be one of my best hitters and not #3), but I think we have one too many top of the order guys in Turner, Bryce, and Werth.  I'd be happier with Werth back at #5 or #6 and sliding Murphy, Rendon, and maybe RZ up one slot, but I'd be even happier with an order of Turner - Murphy - RZ - Rendon - Harper - Werth - flotsam - jetsam - pitcher.

Offline imref

It looks like we won't be able to get to the stadium until about 3 PM.  Does anyone have any advice for a parking spot?  We're coming from Virginia.  Thinking about just parking in Vienna and taking the metro at this point.

Offline mitlen

It looks like we won't be able to get to the stadium until about 3 PM.  Does anyone have any advice for a parking spot?  We're coming from Virginia.  Thinking about just parking in Vienna and taking the metro at this point.

ORANGE LINE

Orange Line: Buses replace trains between Vienna and West Falls Church due to SafeTrack.
10/08/2016 05:15 AM

Orange Line: Thru Oct 26, SafeTrack impacts customers traveling b'twn Vienna & W Falls Church w/ weekday single tracking & weekend shutdowns.

Silver at Wiehle may be better option if you're that far out.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Lots off Crystal Drive between 15th and 23d I think are free on the weekends.  You can then get a yellow or a blue back, and get on 110 to 66 on the way home.

Offline 1995hoo

Do NOT park at Vienna! If you want the Orange, park at West Falls Church. Or Ballston Common garage and use the skywalk.

We're leaving in a bit and I think I'll shoot for my usual street parking near Fort McNair.

Offline mitlen

Jorge Castillo ‏@jorgeccastillo  18m18 minutes ago

Dusty on playing Espinosa: "Well, who else do I have? That's my answer."

Offline imref

Thanks

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Jorge Castillo ‏@jorgeccastillo  18m18 minutes ago

Dusty on playing Espinosa: "Well, who else do I have? That's my answer."

Lame...having 3Kespi is worse than having nobody...

I'm sure Drew felt good about that answer...

They traded for Turner as their SS of the future.  Guess the present doesn't matter?

Offline 1995hoo

$&@€, my wife is mad that they haven't announced whether there will be a rain delay.  :roll:

Offline mitlen

$&@€, my wife is mad that they haven't announced whether there will be a rain delay.  :roll:

Dan Kolko ‏@masnKolko  3m3 minutes ago
Dodgers manager Dave Roberts says he's been told a rain delay is likely before first pitch. For now, he says there's a window from 5-8pm

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

If you get there early enough just park on 2nd street next to Fort McNair and walk the couple blocks to the homeplate entrance.

Offline mitlen

If you get there early enough just park on 2nd street next to Fort McNair and walk the couple blocks to the homeplate entrance.

My niece has a boat in the marina (the one still there) at the south end of 2nd.    :)    Comes in handy sometimes.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Espinosa has to be the best number 8 hitter on the Nats. He's the only Number 8. Best previous number 8? Rick Ferrell, catcher in the late '30s, HoF.

I would start Drew or Difo at SS. Espinosa has never hit curves, and that seems to be Hill's best pitch.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
As bad as Espinosa's track record has been v. lefties this year, Drew has been as bad even over his career. Drew really isn't an option.  The viable options are Difo or playing Heisey in center and Turner at SS.  Grin and bear it, hope for an HBP, blind luck running into  one, or that other guys knock out Hill so you can swap in Drew against some righty relievers.

Offline 1995hoo

That's where we just parked. Plenty of spaces available. Make sure you pay the meter or use Parkmobile since they are enforced today. Lots of people, including us, sitting in cars.

Take note of one-way streets if you park back here. The soccer stadium work has closed off several streets that used to be essential after games.

It's raining pretty good. Doubt game will start on time if this continues.

I'm the guy in the 2005 interlocking-DC batting practice hat, red curly "W" golf shirt, black Highlands Links golf rain jacket, and wife wearing a Burberry trench coat(!!!!), if anyone spots me.