Author Topic: GDTs for Non-Nats Divison Series  (Read 11476 times)

Offline houston-nat

Re: ALDS / ALCS watch thread
« Reply #50: October 06, 2016, 10:20:06 PM »
oh I totally did see the Desmond play you guys were laughing about - but he was running straight away from my seat so I didn't fully see what a bad route that was.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #51: October 06, 2016, 11:11:24 PM »
Oh shut up Cal you add NOTHING

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #52: October 06, 2016, 11:12:04 PM »
14 homers in 5 weeks for Ramirez. Ortiz was sharing the juice.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #53: October 06, 2016, 11:12:31 PM »
Oh shut up Cal you add NOTHING

This whole crew is a disaster. :lmao:

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #54: October 06, 2016, 11:13:53 PM »

With the exception of Darling of course ;)

Offline spidernat

« Reply #55: October 06, 2016, 11:15:35 PM »
With the exception of Darling of course ;)

You have zero credibility.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #56: October 06, 2016, 11:20:27 PM »

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #57: October 06, 2016, 11:20:48 PM »
Yeah, but we get Harold Reynolds this weekend...:asplode:

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #58: October 06, 2016, 11:21:32 PM »
Would it flippin' kill MLB to at least stream flippin' playoff games that start during the day so us working stiffs could watch along too??? Maybe more people would actually like baseball if more people could actually watch it!

If you have mlb.tv, you can stream the games after you log in with your pay tv provider login information. MLB.tv subscriptions were on sale for $3.99 at the end of the regular season so it's a great deal. I just tried through the AtBat app on my tablet (I have Fios and had to enter my Fios username and password) and pulled up the TBS broadcast just fine.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #59: October 06, 2016, 11:23:13 PM »
If you have mlb.tv, you can stream the games after you log in with your pay tv provider login information. MLB.tv subscriptions were on sale for $3.99 at the end of the regular season so it's a great deal. I just tried through the AtBat app on my tablet (I have Fios and had to enter my Fios username and password) and pulled up the TBS broadcast just fine.
I checked that out earlier. However I have Comcast and that is not one of the providers listed. Not sure if Comcast is streaming TBS?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #60: October 06, 2016, 11:25:28 PM »

You don't even need mlb.tv for that.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #61: October 06, 2016, 11:44:00 PM »
Listened to the end via the Cleveland radio broadcast. That was fun.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #62: October 07, 2016, 08:47:05 AM »
That was a heck of a play by Perez to get that tag on Holt.
actually, it was a heck of a play by the CF and a great relay. It was not a bad send, but Cleveland had perfect execution.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63: October 07, 2016, 08:58:06 AM »
Still think it was stoopid.
honest, I thought it was too early.  I did not think that, with 2 outs, bases empty (I think) and Holt coming out, you needed to burn your best reliever, even in a 1 run game.  I did not think they could bridge all the way to the end of the game, 4+ innings, with Miller to Shaw to Allen.  Francona I guess knows Miller and what he can do better than I do.  I would have loved to have gotten the game tied after Cleveland had burned its top relievers, but they were able to protect the lead. 

Francona used Foulke for many multiple inning stints in '04, so it does not surprise me that Miller will get a lot of work.  What's different here is that he's now willing to use his ace early and let lesser pitchers finish.  Also, it was pretty cool of Cleveland to have Papa Tito (a/k/a the real Tito) throw out the first pitch.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #64: October 07, 2016, 09:04:06 AM »
honest, I thought it was too early.  I did not think that, with 2 outs, bases empty (I think) and Holt coming out, you needed to burn your best reliever, even in a 1 run game.  I did not think they could bridge all the way to the end of the game, 4+ innings, with Miller to Shaw to Allen.  Francona I guess knows Miller and what he can do better than I do.  I would have loved to have gotten the game tied after Cleveland had burned its top relievers, but they were able to protect the lead. 

Francona used Foulke for many multiple inning stints in '04, so it does not surprise me that Miller will get a lot of work.  What's different here is that he's now willing to use his ace early and let lesser pitchers finish.  Also, it was pretty cool of Cleveland to have Papa Tito (a/k/a the real Tito) throw out the first pitch.
Since Miller came over he has three saves and Allen has 11 saves. So he has generally been using Allen to close. He took a risk and it paid off. Lots of people thought the Sox would sweep. Just needs Kluber to pitch a complete game now!

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #65: October 07, 2016, 09:11:40 AM »
actually, it was a heck of a play by the CF and a great relay. It was not a bad send, but Cleveland had perfect execution.
It was a great play by Perez too to get around for the tag. It was a great play all the way around.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66: October 07, 2016, 09:58:03 AM »
It was a great play by Perez too to get around for the tag. It was a great play all the way around.
yes, I meant in addition to the tag.  That's why I don't think it was bad send by the 3d base coach. 

As for the use of Miller, in general I love what Francona is doing with him.  My question wasn't using him before the 9th or to close.  It was being able to go 2+ innings with him, and then getting enough from Shaw and Allen to close the game without using other relievers.  I think Francona thinks that he could not afford a home loss in game 1.  You had a close game with a lead, and the way to win it was to not lose that lead. Miller offered the best chance.  If you blow open the game, then you don't need to burn Shaw and Allen behind him and it sets your pen up for game 2.  If you don't, and just get the win, you may not need your big arms the next day.  If he ends up in a close game today, then maybe he uses Miller more like a one out guy.

Offline whytev

« Reply #67: October 07, 2016, 11:07:15 AM »
yes, I meant in addition to the tag.  That's why I don't think it was bad send by the 3d base coach. 

As for the use of Miller, in general I love what Francona is doing with him.  My question wasn't using him before the 9th or to close.  It was being able to go 2+ innings with him, and then getting enough from Shaw and Allen to close the game without using other relievers.  I think Francona thinks that he could not afford a home loss in game 1.  You had a close game with a lead, and the way to win it was to not lose that lead. Miller offered the best chance.  If you blow open the game, then you don't need to burn Shaw and Allen behind him and it sets your pen up for game 2.  If you don't, and just get the win, you may not need your big arms the next day.  If he ends up in a close game today, then maybe he uses Miller more like a one out guy.

With his rotation in shambles, I agree he can't afford a home loss in game one.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #68: October 07, 2016, 12:49:50 PM »
Some of us know how to tailgate

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #69: October 07, 2016, 12:54:33 PM »
 :lol: Nice.

Doesn't Nolan Ryan have a burger stand at that ballpark?

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #70: October 07, 2016, 01:02:31 PM »
Eckersley has the same haircut he had 30 years ago.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #71: October 07, 2016, 01:57:08 PM »
If I was the Rangers I would be very upset with the home plate umpire.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #72: October 07, 2016, 02:11:32 PM »
Eckersley has the same haircut he had 30 years ago.
And it still works for him :)

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #73: October 07, 2016, 02:46:35 PM »
:lol: Nice.

Doesn't Nolan Ryan have a burger stand at that ballpark?
Maybe there's a burger stand marketed under his name? I dunno, haven't seen it yet. Nolan Ryan has a ground beef company, for sure; Nolan Ryan beef is pretty common around here at restaurants, like Pat LaFrieda around NYC.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #74: October 07, 2016, 02:51:41 PM »
The B.J.'s are kicking ass.    :whip: