Author Topic: Musings about the Nats / Dodgers NLDS  (Read 16692 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Musings about the Nats / Dodgers NLDS
« Reply #75: October 04, 2016, 10:01:26 AM »
Do they make a split jersey? We know there's a market...

(Image removed from quote.)

Some people may need more than 2 teams. :stir: (imagine skippy's college football jersey :lmao:).

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #76: October 04, 2016, 10:21:16 AM »
Some people may need more than 2 teams. :stir: (imagine skippy's college football jersey :lmao:).

Start it up. Could make a killing selling some O's/Nats gear.........

Offline madj55

« Reply #77: October 04, 2016, 10:27:45 AM »
Quick question about the team store...

Do they customize anything you buy?  Let's say I want a certain Nats shirt customized, will they do that? 

Thanks.
Not sure if they customize shirseys, but they do have a customization station. Also, everything there is more expensive than it is online if possible I'd customize it online if I were you and pay extra for shipping and I believe it'd still be cheaper.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #78: October 04, 2016, 10:42:21 AM »
Not sure if they customize shirseys, but they do have a customization station. Also, everything there is more expensive than it is online if possible I'd customize it online if I were you and pay extra for shipping and I believe it'd still be cheaper.

yeah i ended up doing the online thing, but the selection sucks as to what it used to be. 

on nationals.com, you could pretty much design your own shirt (front, back, sides...all different kinds of numbers, names and logos), now it's trash.

Offline madj55

« Reply #79: October 04, 2016, 10:47:08 AM »
yeah i ended up doing the online thing, but the selection sucks as to what it used to be. 

on nationals.com, you could pretty much design your own shirt (front, back, sides...all different kinds of numbers, names and logos), now it's trash.
Yep, everything changed after Fanatics became the official online store of the MLB. Everything is pretty generic now.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #80: October 04, 2016, 10:48:44 AM »
Yep, everything changed after Fanatics became the official online store of the MLB. Everything is pretty generic now.

i love fanatics, but i appreciated the fact there were two major suppliers to choose from.  as you said, everything is generic now, it's really watered down. 

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #81: October 04, 2016, 11:12:46 AM »
I have a shirt that is (awful looking) split into quadrants, with obnoxious bright colors and plaids.  Haven't worn it in years. I'm thinking I'd do a version of that, with Red, Red, Red (for Cleveland), and maybe some Red for Theo's team.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #82: October 04, 2016, 11:15:59 AM »
hammonds, what's your bird of choice tonight?

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #83: October 04, 2016, 11:41:36 AM »
Pretty much everyone here will be pulling hard for the Jays, right?  I want the Os out. Stomped. Done.

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #84: October 04, 2016, 11:41:45 AM »
The current track of the hurricane could move Saturday's game to Monday (could even bring bad weather Friday).   Would they play the rest of the games on the current schedule with no travel day?   That would mean absolutely needing 4 starters if it goes 5 games I guess.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #85: October 04, 2016, 11:46:15 AM »
The current track of the hurricane could move Saturday's game to Monday (could even bring bad weather Friday).   Would they play the rest of the games on the current schedule with no travel day?   That would mean absolutely needing 4 starters if it goes 5 games I guess.

wouldn't they just move the game to sunday (unless it's supposed to pour then too).

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #86: October 04, 2016, 11:47:19 AM »

NO!!!!   :devil:

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #87: October 04, 2016, 11:51:14 AM »
wouldn't they just move the game to sunday (unless it's supposed to pour then too).
Yeah, the current path could mess up both days.   I was confused in my first statement.  Would a 2 day bump, bump everything by a day and wipeout a travel day?  I guess a 1 day bump would just remove the travel day. 

Offline whytev

« Reply #88: October 04, 2016, 11:59:55 AM »
do we need a new thread - "worst offense - playoff edition"?

Just bump 2014.

Offline whytev

« Reply #89: October 04, 2016, 12:01:07 PM »
Do they make a split jersey? We know there's a market...

(Image removed from quote.)

Joe Ross' mom has one, doesn't she?

Offline whytev

« Reply #90: October 04, 2016, 12:02:33 PM »
Yeah, the current path could mess up both days.   I was confused in my first statement.  Would a 2 day bump, bump everything by a day and wipeout a travel day?  I guess a 1 day bump would just remove the travel day.

If it bumped everything Scherzer is back for game 4.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #91: October 04, 2016, 12:03:40 PM »
Pretty much everyone here will be pulling hard for the Jays, right?  I want the Os out. Stomped. Done.

There are a couple of members here who will be pulling for the birds from baltimore.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #92: October 04, 2016, 12:03:57 PM »

delaying the inevitable

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #93: October 04, 2016, 12:11:49 PM »
If it bumped everything Scherzer is back for game 4.
They'll eat the travel day before they bump the whole series.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #94: October 04, 2016, 12:13:00 PM »
Joe Ross' mom has one, doesn't she?

She pushed out two bosses. She gets a pass

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #95: October 04, 2016, 12:19:48 PM »

Move everything forward a day. Play Thursday and Friday here, then LA as scheduled.

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #96: October 04, 2016, 12:29:32 PM »
Move everything forward a day. Play Thursday and Friday here, then LA as scheduled.
I can't imagine they'd do that, but that would be a very good idea.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #97: October 04, 2016, 12:31:38 PM »
I can't imagine they'd do that, but that would be a very good idea.

Yeah, that won't happen. I wonder if they'll wait it out and play late, late Saturday night if they can. Channel 9's noon news just said Saturday looks to be a big washout but conditions will be better on Sunday.

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #98: October 04, 2016, 12:34:30 PM »
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at4.shtml?5-daynl#contents

That looks like it would still be producing rain well into Sunday.   If there's some wind damage, and hurricane amounts of rain, it seems even Sunday could be iffy.  Those tracks change all the time though, so who knows.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #99: October 04, 2016, 12:38:58 PM »
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at4.shtml?5-daynl#contents

That looks like it would still be producing rain well into Sunday.   If there's some wind damage, and hurricane amounts of rain, it seems even Sunday could be iffy.  Those tracks change all the time though, so who knows.

This will definitely screw up the Sunday ALDS game in Boston too.