Author Topic: Who do you want to match-up with in the 2016 World Series, and why?  (Read 1564 times)

Offline _sturt_

• "Le Grande Orange"...Colt 45/Astro/Expo(Nat) Great
Put me down for some Texas Rangers, and the reason is both simple and selfish. It would give me a legitimate opportunity to see my first-ever WS game... (4 hr trip to DFW).

Secondary to that.... like the idea of the Nationals beating down the prodigal Senators.

Online varoadking

If the Nats don't make it...and they likely won't...the Cubs / Red Sox...with the Red Sox winning.

The sheer theater of it playing out in those two decrepit, rotting buildings, and crushing the Cubbie fans 108 year old hopes in that fashion, would be truly awesome...

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
If the Nats don't make it...and they likely won't...the Cubs / Red Sox...with the Red Sox winning.

The sheer theater of it playing out in those two decrepit, rotting buildings, and crushing the Cubbie fans 108 year old hopes in that fashion, would be truly awesome...

...   don't forget the snow.

Online varoadking

...   don't forget the snow.

Maybe that gets us back to a 154 game schedule...

Online varoadking

BTW - NLDS Game 6 with the Nats and Cubs would be in Chicago on October 22nd.

We will be in Chicago on October 22nd...

Would be great grab a couple of seats and postpone our flight back home that afternoon if it came to that.

Offline _sturt_

I like that alternative.

But I'll keep my optimism that the good guys can crush their hopes before they get there.

And if it were not to be the prodigal Senators, though, the Red Sox would be my next choice.

Then, too, some drama if it were the Nats vs. the only other franchise never to make a WS, ie, Seattle.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Well, you all should be rooting for Red Sox - Nats because I promise not to post in the clubhouse during that series.

Offline Natsinpwc

Offline mitlen

Cleveland.

In the 50s, Cleveland was one of my favorite teams.

Offline Natsinpwc

In the 50s, Cleveland was one of my favorite teams.
Used to work for a guy who was a big Indians fan. Think he was like 2 when they won last time. Lots of lean years.

Offline houston-nat

Well, if it was Texas, that's where I live and I could (pay through the nose to) get tickets.

But if it was Texas, they've never won a World Series either, and I kinda want them to win one. I'd rather we beat some spoiled brats - Boston.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
but for the teams i'm attached to, I'd want Cubs-indians.  Napoli, Coco, Tito v. the Blue Wolf, Lester, Lackjaw, Theo.

Offline houston-nat

Did you see that a bunch of people tweeted hate mail at Jon Lester because of "his" moderating at the presidential debate?

Offline Natsinpwc

Did you see that a bunch of people tweeted hate mail at Jon Lester because of "his" moderating at the presidential debate?
And people wonder why we have Clinton and Trump as our major candidates.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• Nats RP have no nerve
If the Mariners make it, them.  If not, Cleveland.  If not them, anyone but the Bawlmer Gloryholes.

Offline mitlen

And people wonder why we have Clinton and Trump as our major candidates.

One of the wonders of our form of government is the candidates and those who serve usually reflect the electorate.

Offline Natsinpwc

One of the wonders of our form of government is the candidates and those who serve usually reflect the electorate.
Yep. Clueless. People complain about congress and the president but I always say we get what we deserve.

Offline _sturt_

If the Mariners make it, them.  If not, Cleveland.  If not them, anyone but the Bawlmer Gloryholes.

Except that I would personally enjoy the thought of MLB brass having conniptions over the likely TV ratings of a series involving teams so close in proximity that all of the players can drive to work for all of the away games.

Offline DPMOmaha

• Take two of these 30 minutes before first pitch.
I  honestly don't care. Just get there.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• Nats RP have no nerve
Except that I would personally enjoy the thought of MLB brass having conniptions over the likely TV ratings of a series involving teams so close in proximity that all of the players can drive to work for all of the away games.

My distaste for that franchise, especially Peter Angelos, supersedes any desire to have the MLB empty suits squirm in their chairs.

Offline _sturt_

Just lookin for that bright side.

Offline monkeyhit

Toronto, Cleveland or Detroit and I'm there.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
The guy who is toughest for me to root against would be Francona.

Offline mitlen

The guy who is toughest for me to root against would be Francona.

Western Pennsylvania boy  ...   :couch:

Offline Mathguy

• Whoa That Was A Good One ! Poke His Brain Here !
    • Outer Banks Beach House
I should cut off a finger for saying this, but if the Nats get in the WS, I hope we face the Orioles.

Now I have to go find a sharp knife