Author Topic: The show Pitch  (Read 351 times)

Offline whytev

The show Pitch
« Topic Start: September 24, 2016, 03:07:05 AM »
Watched the first episode. It was pretty good. Well shot and all that. Decent acting.

The only parts I didn't like were when the catcher visits the mound without covering his mouth, and when the catcher flashed like five signs with no runners on.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Re: The show Pitch
« Reply #1: September 24, 2016, 03:48:03 AM »
What network is the show on ?

Offline whytev

« Reply #2: September 24, 2016, 01:36:18 PM »
What network is the show on ?

Fox. They got lots of real people (John Smoltz, Ken Rosenthal) to be themselves, and they used the baseball camera crew for the baseball scenes, so it all looks real. Uniforms are real, players fake.

Offline HattoriHanzo

• expos/Nats fan since 1980
« Reply #3: September 26, 2016, 04:55:16 PM »
This show is unrealistic when it comes down to baseball mechanics. It's like the first fast and the furious movie where they made up and got all of the supra engine parts all wrong. The dad shows her a circle change grip for the screwball and her form is terrible. They needed to coach her to have better mechanics. If her main pitch is the screwball they have to get that right. Her hand release is not of a screwball. It looks like she's throwing a regular fastball when her wrist needs to roll over counter clockwise like opening a doorknob.

Maybe it's because I have played and coached baseball for 38 years I get bothered with tv shows and movies that do not have ball players that look like they are the real deal.  The best pitcher I have seen in a movie was the kid from Trouble with the Curve. He looked like a real pitcher.

The main actress is smoking hot so I might give it a second watch, but doubt I'll watch a third episode if even gets past that. The show is really loading up on the eye candy. Lyndsy Fonseca is going to be on the show and Ali Larter still looks good.

I also despise that this show is a Nike commerical. The main actress is wearing all nike gear including a glove (diamond elite pro) that was made 4 or 5 years ago and is discontinued. I wonder what nike will say if this show survives cancellation and gets a full season and people are going to start requesting the glove she wears. The factory in japan that made the nike gloves no longer has a contract with them and nike no longer makes a glove worth using at the high school level or above. I have kids I coached at schools with nike sponsorship and they go through 2 or 3 gloves a season because the new china made gloves are using cheap leather and cheaply made.