Author Topic: Springsteen/Parking Question  (Read 3310 times)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Re: Springsteen/Parking Question
« Reply #25: September 02, 2016, 11:29:34 AM »
Any noticeable seat emptying as the last subway train was pulling out?

No...everyone seemed to stick it out...

BTW  Why would you jump out of a perfectly good airplane?    :)

Kids!   :old:

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #26: September 02, 2016, 11:42:06 AM »
Like I said...not huge fan anyway, but spending 3 hours listening to stuff I never heard of, and skipping those 3 songs, made this a complete washout for me.

I think that's badass. Sure, it sucks for causal fans, but for fans who love an artist's full discog, it's cool to get stuff like this.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #27: September 02, 2016, 11:51:18 AM »
I think that's badass. Sure, it sucks for causal fans, but for fans who love an artist's full discog, it's cool to get stuff like this.

I think it's rare for him to do Blinded by the light. 

Did he do "The River", or drop the concept because he did it at Verizon already?

Online 1995hoo

« Reply #28: September 02, 2016, 11:52:17 AM »

Did he do "The River", or drop the concept because he did it at Verizon already?

Setlist is earlier in the thread.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #29: September 02, 2016, 11:55:22 AM »
Just hearing the rising live would have been worth the price of admission. 

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #30: September 02, 2016, 11:55:30 AM »
Setlist is earlier in the thread.

Ah, no then.  Thanks.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #31: September 02, 2016, 11:57:35 AM »

He did Blinded by the Light in New Jersey the other night...

Online 1995hoo

« Reply #32: September 02, 2016, 11:57:54 AM »
Ah, no then.  Thanks.

They announced in April they wouldn't do full-album River shows the rest of the way, though there have been a few exceptions in Europe.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #33: September 02, 2016, 11:59:28 AM »

We would have been fine suffering thru the boring crap if he'd played more of the better known songs in his discog...

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #34: September 02, 2016, 12:00:58 PM »
So many of his better known songs were not played...very disappointing. 

Is there some backstory on why he would not play Glory Days, Blinded by the Light, AND Born in the USA? 

This was like going to a Motley Crue concert and not hearing Kickstart my Heart; Girls, Girls Girls; AND Home Sweet Home...

Like I said...not huge fan anyway, but spending 3 hours listening to stuff I never heard of, and skipping those 3 songs, made this a complete washout for me.

:couch: before Skippy sees this...

Spirit in the Night?? Kitty's Back?? Night?  Because the Night??  he played those gems and you were missing "Glory Days"???  :shock:  You remind me of my sister Ellen.  My other sister and I are huge Bruce fans so we went to see him at Gillette in 2002 I believe and Ellen tagged along even though she was like "he's ok...." and at the end of it had the nerve to say "I'm sorry, but N Sync is better in concert" :spaz:   I have tried to understand what it's like to not be a Bruce fan but I just can't, it just doesn't compute.  Well no worries about having to suffer through it again VaRK, I can't imagine he's got many more tours consisting of 3+ hour shows left and that breaks my heart :(

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #35: September 02, 2016, 12:01:52 PM »
Just hearing the rising live would have been worth the price of admission. 

hearing Badlands live is ALWAYS worth the price of admission to me. 

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #36: September 02, 2016, 12:08:05 PM »
We would have been fine suffering thru the boring crap if he'd played more of the better known songs in his discog...
I'm with you re: Born in the USA. He played Rosalita and Born to Run. So that would have made me happy. Would have missed Darkness on the Edge of Town. It's hard when you have been around as long as Bruce to make everyone happy.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #37: September 02, 2016, 12:10:05 PM »
I'm with you re: Born in the USA. He played Rosalita and Born to Run. So that would have made me happy. Would have missed Darkness on the Edge of Town. It's hard when you have been around as long as Bruce VaRK to make everyone him happy.

Offline Natsinpwc

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #39: September 02, 2016, 12:11:14 PM »
Whoa. Burn.

Don't ask me how I know.    Been there, done that.     

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #42: September 02, 2016, 12:31:03 PM »
Not playing "Born in the USA" in DC in an election year somehow reminds me of the story of Nirvana playing a sold-out stadium show in Buenos Aires where the opening band ("Calamity Jane") got booed off the stage by macho pigs and then Nirvana came out and played 40 minutes of distortion  :hysterical:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/01/watch-nirvanas-infamous-1992-concert-in-buenos-aires-during-which-they-repeatedly-mocked-audience/

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #44: September 02, 2016, 12:40:42 PM »
Not playing "Born in the USA" in DC in an election year somehow reminds me of the story of Nirvana playing a sold-out stadium show in Buenos Aires where the opening band ("Calamity Jane") got booed off the stage by macho pigs and then Nirvana came out and played 40 minutes of distortion  :hysterical:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/01/watch-nirvanas-infamous-1992-concert-in-buenos-aires-during-which-they-repeatedly-mocked-audience/
Lucky they got out. The portenos can be quite dramatic.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #45: September 02, 2016, 12:44:01 PM »

Didn't they throw stuff at those girls or something?

Wild show. That's freaking awesome. Kurt was a badass.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #46: September 02, 2016, 01:11:54 PM »
Didn't they throw stuff at those girls or something?

Sure enough, they quoted that in the article. Should've opened it

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #47: September 02, 2016, 01:30:22 PM »
Too bad they didn't cover The Damned's "Lovely Money" with the rant about "those greasy argentinians who don't have freckles because they slide off their faces..."

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #49: September 02, 2016, 02:37:03 PM »
Spirit in the Night?? Kitty's Back?? Night?  Because the Night??  he played those gems and you were missing "Glory Days"???  :shock:  You remind me of my sister Ellen.  My other sister and I are huge Bruce fans so we went to see him at Gillette in 2002 I believe and Ellen tagged along even though she was like "he's ok...." and at the end of it had the nerve to say "I'm sorry, but N Sync is better in concert" :spaz:   I have tried to understand what it's like to not be a Bruce fan but I just can't, it just doesn't compute.  Well no worries about having to suffer through it again VaRK, I can't imagine he's got many more tours consisting of 3+ hour shows left and that breaks my heart :(

:rant: :rant: :rant: