Author Topic: Late Game -No Metro Issues  (Read 1774 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Late Game -No Metro Issues
« Reply #25: September 06, 2016, 07:55:49 AM »
Oh please.  When was there a mugging on a game night (unless you are counting Muffy who had so many frozen vodka red bulls at the Bullpen that she thought the Douglass bridge went straight back to Connecticut). 

Correct, not as much on game nights, but there have been reports of fans being robbed, I've seen kids throwing rocks at cars, and there was the guy who ended up drowned in the Anacostia when his friends last saw him walking from Justin's to the Metro.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #26: September 06, 2016, 09:49:41 AM »
Only on nights when you don't go to Nats Park

Or, only on game nights he does go to the Park.    :couch:

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #27: September 06, 2016, 09:53:14 AM »
I've had a car blasted by paintballs on my way out, too.

Correct, not as much on game nights, but there have been reports of fans being robbed, I've seen kids throwing rocks at cars, and there was the guy who ended up drowned in the Anacostia when his friends last saw him walking from Justin's to the Metro.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #30: September 06, 2016, 11:05:50 AM »
That's from 2011.

OK, I'm working today, not much time to cross reference police logs and game schedules. There are more but not a lot. If people continue to venture deeper into the surrounding neighborhoods this will increase.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #31: September 06, 2016, 11:18:29 AM »
You would think anyone remotely familiar with dc would realize the stadium is in an area where the immediate surroundings are safe, but that if you wander too far in the wrong direction, that'll change fast

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #32: September 06, 2016, 11:23:02 AM »
You would think anyone remotely familiar with dc would realize the stadium is in an area where the immediate surroundings are safe, but that if you wander too far in the wrong direction, that'll change fast

It would appear that wearing a Curly W provides some sort of protection.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #33: September 06, 2016, 11:37:55 AM »
Well, the surrounding areas on the east side of South Cap are pretty trendy now, so...

OK, I'm working today, not much time to cross reference police logs and game schedules. There are more but not a lot. If people continue to venture deeper into the surrounding neighborhoods this will increase.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #34: September 06, 2016, 11:40:20 AM »
It would appear that wearing a Curly W provides some sort of protection.

Like Kryptonite?

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #35: September 06, 2016, 11:43:57 AM »

Anyone remotely familiar with any big city, really.
FWIW crowds attract a criminal element, especially crowds of people who are probably carrying cash and probably had a few beers.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #36: September 06, 2016, 12:09:50 PM »
Anyone remotely familiar with any big city, really.
FWIW crowds attract a criminal element, especially crowds of people who are probably carrying cash and probably had a few beers.

so you are saying, as long as I'm drinking vodka and not beer, I'm not an attractive target for the criminal element?

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #37: September 06, 2016, 12:50:09 PM »
You're not attractive at all, so...

so you are saying, as long as I'm drinking vodka and not beer, I'm not an attractive target for the criminal element?

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #38: September 06, 2016, 04:26:23 PM »
My office set up carpools during SafeTrack: people affected by the same Metro outages got emails saying "hey, you all are getting screwed by the metro the same week and sort of live near each other, see if you can organize a carpool together".

Perhaps Nationals fans could set up carpools online.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #39: September 06, 2016, 06:11:11 PM »
My office set up carpools during SafeTrack: people affected by the same Metro outages got emails saying "hey, you all are getting screwed by the metro the same week and sort of live near each other, see if you can organize a carpool together".

Perhaps Nationals fans could set up carpools online.

Maybe this is all just a car sharing demonstration project.  Slug lines for everything

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #40: September 06, 2016, 07:50:21 PM »
The DC office of the future will have a bunk room.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #41: September 06, 2016, 08:10:49 PM »
47 violent crimes reported, including two murders and two sexual assaults within a quarter mile of Nats Park in the past year. No clue of how many occurred before or after Nats games but clearly not a great area to wander around.

http://crimemap.dc.gov/CrimeMapSearch.aspx

Offline mitlen

« Reply #42: September 06, 2016, 08:15:16 PM »
The DC office of the future will have a bunk room.

My old office did have "over night" rooms.   Mostly used by IT folks who got caught in snow storms.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #43: September 06, 2016, 08:15:24 PM »
47 violent crimes reported, including two murders and two sexual assaults within a quarter mile of Nats Park in the past year. No clue of how many occurred before or after Nats games but clearly not a great area to wander around.

That's an average weekend night in Richmond...

Offline mitlen

« Reply #44: September 06, 2016, 08:16:34 PM »

Well, that does it.   I'm not going to any more games.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #45: September 06, 2016, 08:22:22 PM »
I was about to say that this is all in the eye of the beholder.  I've spent the past two decades in what has probably been for most of that time statistically one of the highest-crime DC neighbourhoods west of the Anacostia, and it has always seemed totally chill to me (after living in Johannesburg).  I guess not everyone is accustomed to laying down a smokescreen before taking out the trash  :lol:   
That's an average weekend night in Richmond...

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #46: September 06, 2016, 08:36:45 PM »
Mitlen - you can't do that.  Who would middle aged women have to have a crush on ?

Well, that does it.   I'm not going to any more games.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #47: September 06, 2016, 08:38:09 PM »
Mitlen - you can't do that.  Who would middle aged women have to have a crush on ?

My little brother, spider.