Author Topic: NCAA Football 2016  (Read 12040 times)

Offline DPMOmaha

Re: NCAA Football 2016
« Reply #325: January 10, 2017, 11:00:11 AM »
This is the new Anerican way. Pick on anything that is not perfect. Anyway I knew ahead of time so that's why I waited until the fourth quarter to watch.
We're talking about the best championship game of all time. So, yeah, I'm gonna hold that to a pretty high standard. Finish was great, game was meh.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #326: January 10, 2017, 11:17:13 AM »
I was laying in bed last night listening to Ferrall On the Bench during that last touchdown.     I thought he said Watson rolled right and scored.   Believed that until I saw the replay about 5 minutes ago finding he threw to Renfro.       :shrug:

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #327: January 10, 2017, 11:48:37 AM »
i'm guessing productivity in the US is going to be way down today after the late ending.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #328: January 10, 2017, 11:49:52 AM »
i'm guessing productivity in the US is going to be way down today after the late ending.

My work productivity has been down for years.      :old:

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #329: January 10, 2017, 02:00:49 PM »
Fewer people than last year

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2016/01/college-football-national-championship-ratings-espn-viewership-down-alabama-clemson-playoff/

I think it's just too far removed from the season anymore, kind of dulls the excitement of the game it seems.  I think they need to do the playoffs in December and hold the championship game New Years weekend, by now everyone is more interested in the NFL playoffs and that's a shame because you should be psyched to see the last game of the college football season.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #330: January 10, 2017, 02:03:16 PM »
I think it's just too far removed from the season anymore, kind of dulls the excitement of the game it seems.  I think they need to do the playoffs in December and hold the championship game New Years weekend, by now everyone is more interested in the NFL playoffs and that's a shame because you should be psyched to see the last game of the college football season.

How can a university squeeze in a 12 game regular season with that schedule?

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #331: January 10, 2017, 02:14:16 PM »
And it was on a Monday night. And it started after 8 ET. And it ended close to or after midnight in most of the biggest CFB hotbeds. And it was a kinda sleepy game until the very end. That's not gonna win you the biggest ratings ever.

I would like to see the championship game be the last game played on NYD, though. Or on Jan 2 or something closer to that.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #332: January 10, 2017, 02:29:05 PM »

Start treating the bowls like an exhibition. Put the first round playoff right after the league championships, then the championship the next weekend. You can put the bowls on afterwards for people who still care

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #333: January 10, 2017, 02:42:39 PM »
Start treating the bowls like an exhibition. Put the first round playoff right after the league championships, then the championship the next weekend. You can put the bowls on afterwards for people who still care

Yes!!! The only people who watch the bowls are die hard college football addicts and they'll watch them whether they come before or after the championship game, I think that you've got the perfect solution!

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #334: January 10, 2017, 03:30:27 PM »
Yep. Playoffs on the last Sunday more than seven days before NYD. Championship Game on NYD.

"Minor" bowls can be played around those dates.

And it was on a Monday night. And it started after 8 ET. And it ended close to or after midnight in most of the biggest CFB hotbeds. And it was a kinda sleepy game until the very end. That's not gonna win you the biggest ratings ever.

I would like to see the championship game be the last game played on NYD, though. Or on Jan 2 or something closer to that.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #335: February 03, 2017, 04:19:00 PM »
so if Baylor football is a thing next year, then the death penalty officially no longer exists

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #336: February 03, 2017, 04:34:53 PM »
so if Baylor football is a thing next year, then the death penalty officially no longer exists

It doesn't because if it did it should have already been imposed.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #337: August 08, 2017, 04:18:02 PM »
Josh Rosen with no respect for an SEC education

http://deadspin.com/josh-rosen-gets-brutally-honest-about-the-tension-betwe-1797647745

almost football season  :woop:

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #338: August 08, 2017, 04:28:06 PM »
Josh Rosen with no respect for an SEC education

http://deadspin.com/josh-rosen-gets-brutally-honest-about-the-tension-betwe-1797647745

almost football season  :woop:

I think he's right. Whenever we got an applicant that had participated as a Division I athlete, they automatically go to the top of my list because it usually indicates superior time-management skills and work ethic.